Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 23 | Newcastle Jets v Western Syd Wanderers | Sunday 13/3/16 @ 500pm

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Triffo is Rubbish all his goals bar two which were headers have been lucky if you think his season has been acceptable then you have low standards for our foreginers
    lazy
    lucky

all the tributes coming out tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    you're making out like pens are easy too yeah?
    trip steps up, has he missed yet? (legit not sure).
    Messi and Suarez both at 50% this year.

can't be that easy then yeah?
    Not at all! I'm very happy that he has put away 4 from 4 in the penalty department. In fact, as a club, penalties seem to have been the one area that we are in fact ahead of the curve - putting away our penalties at a slighter higher lick than the league average.

Trif has been great from the penalty spot. He has put them away with both confidence and composure, which is not an easy thing to do. If he had shown these same traits when not taking a penalty, I would have no problem with him. Unfortunately, I don't believe this has been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    To be fair, it doesn't take a great deal of intelligence to run to the ball when it's on the penalty spot and everyone is waiting for you to kick it. In Trif's defence, he has hit three nice headers this season, and did chase through well on Noddy's ball against the Phoenix, which he managed to put away. I'd just like to see a little more from our import striker. For me, the good isn't outweighing the bad.
    We all have opinions, back them up with fact and people like Plague won't shoot you down. There are these pesky things called defenders that also like to run to the exact same spot you are going to. If we had a Jamie Maclaren up front i'd agree that he should be sprinting into the box all day but that isn't what Milos is about. That said, he was still poor today. But he didn't lose us the game.

We were poor across the park. Urga was absent for large portions of the game from what i saw. Enver was marked/fouled out of the game by Jamieson and had some horrific touches. Nobby was just as rubbish. Neither of our wingers tracked back tonight and we got slaughtered out wide.

The main thing that stuck for me tonight was our abhorrent excuse for crosses. Leo couldn't send anything decent in from open play and no one else could either. Everyone is talking about 'making runs' but we have a target man. Get in an attacking position, hold the ball up and whip in a cross. We just kept hitting Topor all day.

Wingers were crap, midfield was crap, fullbacks were crap and the rest were rubbish too.

Let's just beat the scum and finish above Sydney. We don't deserve finals football this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Milos has 1 job, score goals. He has scored goals. Deal with it.

No one else on the team seems to be able to score. Where is the hate for them?

Leo is an import and he can't score, assist or defend. But supposedly he is the missing link to solve all our problems??
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

you're making out like pens are easy too yeah?
    Milos steps up, has he missed yet? (legit not sure).
    Messi and Suarez both at 50% this year.

can't be that easy then yeah?
    leonardo and sometimes Enver and Nordstrand set up attacking chances and the few that we create triffo either isnt in position or he wastes them nuff said
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Leo is an import and he can't score, assist or defend. But supposedly he is the missing link to solve all our problems??
    Oh Dw im ****ing fed up with Leo and Enver as well. Noddy also needs to play central before i make a judgment on him
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

We all have opinions, back them up with fact and people like Plague won't shoot you down. There are these pesky things called defenders that also like to run to the exact same spot you are going to. If we had a Jamie Maclaren up front i'd agree that he should be sprinting into the box all day but that isn't what Milos is about.
    This kind of gets to the heart of my problem with Trif. What exactly is he "about"?

If he's not the guy to make fast runs into the box, he's not the guy to make runs in behind the defence, he's not the guy that holds up the ball particularly well, he's not the guy to get an assist every now and then, he's not the guy can shoot from range, he's not the guy that will be in the right spot at the right time etc...what is he?

As I've acknowledged, he does take penalties well. But I'm not sure that should be our number 1 criteria for an import striker. I really want him to work out with us, as bringing in another guy next season up front wouldn't solve everything immediately, not to mention the whole tedious process of waiting for the new player to arrive, settle in and acclimatise. But I'm genuinely lost on what Trif brings to our team.

I would contend that Leo creates plenty of chances that should go down as assists, but due to the ineptitude around him players are unable to take the chances they are given. But that's a whole different argument.

I am not particularly thrilled with any of our foreign players though, as I doubt any of us are.

leonardo and sometimes Enver and Nordstrand set up attacking chances and the few that we create triffo either isnt in position or he wastes them nuff said
    go back and watch the chance that he ultimately stuffed up that i spoke about earlier. Leo and Nobby don't get near the ball unless Milos starts it 70m back down the field.
    before you start mashing your face on the keyboard making silly posts watch the damn game.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

This kind of gets to the heart of my problem with Trif. What exactly is he "about"?

If he's not the guy to make fast runs into the box, he's not the guy to make runs in behind the defence, he's not the guy that holds up the ball particularly well, he's not the guy to get an assist every now and then, he's not the guy can shoot from range, he's not the guy that will be in the right spot at the right time etc...what is he?

As I've acknowledged, he does take penalties well. But I'm not sure that should be our number 1 criteria for an import striker. I really want him to work out with us, as bringing in another guy next season up front wouldn't solve everything immediately, not to mention the whole tedious process of waiting for the new player to arrive, settle in and acclimatise. But I'm genuinely lost on what Trif brings to our team.
    He can hold the ball up, but he isn't world class at it. He has a very good touch for such a big guy and he does have the ability to bring others into play. But as a team we are honking at moving into dangerous areas. I'm not saying he is the best striker we can find, but he is the best we've got and he isn't the reason we are 7th. He is however a large part of the reason we are not 10th tho.

Equal 6th best goal scorer in the league. Equal with Harry Novillo, Mark Bridge and Mitch Nichols. All from teams far ahead of us in the league and in quality.

go back and watch the chance that he ultimately stuffed up that i spoke about earlier. Leo and Nobby don't get near the ball unless Milos starts it 70m back down the field.
    before you start mashing your face on the keyboard making silly posts watch the damn game.
    i watch every jets game and i see Milos either fail to get on the end of through balls or crosses into the box. Fail to win majority of headers when challenging with CBs. Fail to hold up the ball most times which leads to lost possession. Waste chances to score when the chance arrives cause he takes too long and defender catches up or shoots completely off target. The odd good pass or hold up play and the odd penalty doesnt excuse any of this but hey if your happy with a striker like triff leading the line Plauge enjoy not playing finals football

love at first sight

i watch every jets game and i see Milos either fail to get on the end of through balls or crosses into the box. Fail to win majority of headers when challenging with CBs. Fail to hold at the ball most times which leads to lost possession. Fail to short when the chance arrives cause he takes to long and defender catches up or shoots completely off target. The odd good pass or hold play and the odd penalty doesnt excuse any of this but hey if your happy with a striker like triff leading the line Plauge enjoy not playing finals football
    Who should we have upfront then??

Who should we have upfront then??
    maybe try one of the young blokes now season is pretty much over or play norstrand at striker

love at first sight

now see this is an excellent point.

i don't know jack about Milos before he got here but id be willing to wager good money he's been the exact same type of player back then as is he now.

now if we went and brought him and set up our game plan to go against everything the bloke is good at then the haters should be pointing that outrage machine over to the blokes in the Bunnings chairs rather than the player.
    Seems like I am WRONG

He can hold the ball up, but he isn't world class at it. He has a very good touch for such a big guy and he does have the ability to bring others into play. But as a team we are honking at moving into dangerous areas. I'm not saying he is the best striker we can find, but he is the best we've got and he isn't the reason we are 7th. He is however a large part of the reason we are not 10th tho.

Equal 6th best goal scorer in the league. Equal with Harry Novillo, Mark Bridge and Mitch Nichols. All from teams far ahead of us in the league and in quality.
    That's fair. I'm probably being too harsh on his ability to hold the ball up and distribute, especially given that a lot of the time he is all by himself with no Jets player within 20m when he receives the ball.

Regarding the fact he is level with goals to those guys, do they take penalties for their teams? I feel that's an important factor to consider when comparing goal totals.

maybe try one of the young blokes now season is pretty much over or play norstrand at striker
    What young blokes do you think are gonna do a better job?? I hate this crap so much.

"he is crap, so let's put someone who is worse in there but give them an excuse cause they are young!!"

That's not how you build players or clubs.

Did Triff cost us this game today? Not at all, we played like crap and wanderers didn't.

That's fair. I'm probably being too harsh on his ability to hold the ball up and distribute, especially given that a lot of the time he is all by himself with no Jets player within 20m when he receives the ball.

Regarding the fact he is level with goals to those guys, do they take penalties for their teams? I feel that's an important factor to consider when comparing goal totals.
    No it isn't, he gets paid to score goals. They win you as many points if they are from the spot or from your own half.

i watch every jets game and i see Milos either fail to get on the end of through balls or crosses into the box. Fail to win majority of headers when challenging with CBs. Fail to hold up the ball most times which leads to lost possession. Waste chances to score when the chance arrives cause he takes too long and defender catches up or shoots completely off target. The odd good pass or hold up play and the odd penalty doesnt excuse any of this but hey if your happy with a striker like triff leading the line Plauge enjoy not playing finals football

hey man you once believed in the tooth fairy and santa claus too.

come back to me with some legit proof/stats or keep putting that glass of milk out on Christmas eve slugger.
    Seems like I am WRONG

now if we went and brought him and set up our game plan to go against everything the bloke is good at then the haters should be pointing that outrage machine over to the blokes in the Bunnings chairs rather than the player.
    That's an interesting take, and shows a flaw in why I think he's not contributing enough. I have been focused 100% on his performances in his current role, without even stopping to consider whether this is the way he should be used. Definitely food for thought. I'd be fascinated to see how he was used in his previous clubs, especially considering his goal tally was pretty handy at a few of them.
    Last edited by steve136; 13-03-2016 at 10:30 PM.

hey man you once believed in the tooth fairy and santa claus too.

come back to me with some legit proof/stats or keep putting that glass of milk out on Christmas eve slugger.
    well then you tell me how he's soo good without the pens he'd only have 4 goals im pretty sure and he can score pens but id rather he score from open play

love at first sight