View Poll Results: Which Import player is our #1 priority to Re-sign?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alivodic

0 0%
  • Leonardo

9 19.15%
  • Nordstrand

28 59.57%
  • Trifunovic

3 6.38%
  • Slobs

7 14.89%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Which Import Is Our #1 Priority To Re-sign?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I have never been on Triffs side, i find him lazy and thats my most hated trait in a footballer but this line stuck out to me.... when it comes to adelaide, who is their top striker? Can you tell me their leading goal scorer?
    Im not comparing Adelaide to us here, im just saying with quality in a lot of different areas not all teams rely on one man banging in 20 goals to be at the top.
    Djite would be their top striker, had an injury early on in the season and probably didn't get back to full fitness till half-way through the season. I believe he went through a rough patch where going back to last season he didn't score for 21 games. Isn't a pure goal-poacher compared to the likes of Berisha and Fornaroli but he is a real target man and works his arse off for the team probably more then any other striker and provides assists.
    I would have Djite in a heartbeat if I had a choice between him and Trifunovic.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If Alivodic is resigned the coaching staff need committing

That corner yesterday said it all to me

We have a 2-1 out there Leo plays it short and we have a opportunity to get some space and threat

Alivodic is sound asleep and let's it roll past. ****ed up any possible attack straight away and next thing you know Birraz is hoofing a backpass to oblivion

What the **** was he thinking
    Happened right in front of me. Alivodic comes over (and I'm thinking....NO not a farken short one!!!) calls for it and Leonardo is like oh well, here you go and within that split second Alivodic is looking elsewhere for some bloody reason, he looks up and the ball goes past him FFS.
    Why call for the ball and not be focused and ready to receive it....amateurish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Djite would be their top striker, had an injury early on in the season and probably didn't get back to full fitness till half-way through the season. I believe he went through a rough patch where going back to last season he didn't score for 21 games. Isn't a pure goal-poacher compared to the likes of Berisha and Fornaroli but he is a real target man and works his arse off for the team probably more then any other striker and provides assists.
    I would have Djite in a heartbeat if I had a choice between him and Trifunovic.
    Oh man you are really chugging the haterade on this guy.

Djite in a heartbeat, that's classic.

Whilst we are all throwing haymakers on these imports a lot of you are neglecting the fact that generally one of the 2 best players on the best teams over the last few years have been in the no# 6/8 role.

Isaias, Corona, Dimas etc are owning this comp.

Jets have never even tried since maybe Vigs?

Even look at Valeri and Milligan last year. Dominated.

We keep throwing out 'dudes'.

Ugabooga man looks like he's got something about him. Pair him with a quality import and watch the team improve.

Be way better than just signing another striker to go stand up front and chase long balls.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh man you are really chugging the haterade on this guy.

Djite in a heartbeat, that's classic.
    What and I'm supposed to take your opinion seriously with the way you carry on like a 10 year old over Griff!
    It's not hating on Triff, like I said at the right price under the cap, yeah probably keep him but in my opinion we should make sure we secure Nordstrand first and foremost and 60% of pollsters agree....so is that alright with you and your little mate Frodo!!!

We are not going to win anything with Milo leading the attack.

He is average at best IMO. Pens should be the cream of a strikers stats not his bread and butter.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    What and I'm supposed to take your opinion seriously with the way you carry on like a 10 year old over Griff!
    It's not hating on Triff, like I said at the right price under the cap, yeah probably keep him but in my opinion we should make sure we secure Nordstrand first and foremost and 60% of pollsters agree....so is that alright with you and your little mate Frodo!!!
    nah, what you need to do is this.
    go to this page: http://www.a-league.com.au/stats-centre/player-stats

select Djite and Milos then compare stats.

you might be in for a surprise, but lets face it, you'll scour straight past the stats in Milos' favour and go straight to the offsides because you just don't rate the bloke.

which is cool, but your opinion is pretty baseless.

now if you'll excuse me I'm off to play on the monkey bars with Frodo.

good day.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Whilst we are all throwing haymakers on these imports a lot of you are neglecting the fact that generally one of the 2 best players on the best teams over the last few years have been in the no# 6/8 role.

Isaias, Corona, Dimas etc are owning this comp.

Jets have never even tried since maybe Vigs?

Even look at Valeri and Milligan last year. Dominated.

We keep throwing out 'dudes'.

Ugabooga man looks like he's got something about him. Pair him with a quality import and watch the team improve.

Be way better than just signing another striker to go stand up front and chase long balls.
    Vigs was a 10 imo.

IMO we've never had an import 6 or 8.

A.Griffiths and Musailik were our best at the base of midfield imo. Honourable mentions to Zads, Thompson, and Caravella.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Vigs was a 10 imo.

A.Griffiths and Musailik were our best at the base of midfield imo. Honourable mentions to Zads, Thompson, and Caravella.
    No Wehrman or Jobe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

now if you'll excuse me I'm off to play on the monkey bars with Frodo.

good day.
    It was the best afternoon EVER!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It was the best afternoon EVER!!

Goal in life achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

No Wehrman or Jobe?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    What position would you call Poljak?

Fiorentini?

Jonny Steele?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What position would you call Poljak?

Fiorentini?

Jonny Steele?
    In the past....

Fiorentini - forgot about him

Steele - LW/ 10.

Agree with most people on these players and numbers but i think Plague had a good point with this line...
    We keep throwing out 'dudes'..
    We don't just need someone to play a position, we need someone to play a position and compliment what we already have.

I reckon we need some pace in the attacking 3rd, someone who can keep the ball and dictate the game in midfield and some more goal scorers. I reckon we can find an Aussie left back, and if a better centreback shows up we can definitely sign them up and move Mullen to back up.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

nah, what you need to do is this.
    go to this page: http://www.a-league.com.au/stats-centre/player-stats
    This is great. I have a couple of Milos hating mates that need to see this. KUTGW Plague

What I get from these stats is that he does indeed work harder than I thought he did, his distribution with the ball is quite good, he does really well in duels both on the ground and in the air.

His shooting accuracy of 36.4% leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    What I get from these stats is that he does indeed work harder than I thought he did, his distribution with the ball is quite good, he does really well in duels both on the ground and in the air.

His shooting accuracy of 36.4% leaves a lot to be desired.
    ok so we're getting somewhere.
    and if you want to base your argument on his accuracy then its justified. the problem is in this day and age throwing out a blanket "he's garbage" is dangerous because stats are right at your fingers for some wanker with too much time on his hand to throw back at you. but absolutely go at the blokes weaknesses and start the conversation there, it makes us all more enlightened.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

ok so we're getting somewhere.
    and if you want to base your argument on his accuracy then its justified. the problem is in this day and age throwing out a blanket "he's garbage" is dangerous because stats are right at your fingers for some wanker with too much time on his hand to throw back at you. but absolutely go at the blokes weaknesses and start the conversation there, it makes us all more enlightened.
    I thought we were friends Plague, jeez.

Milos seems to have some good stats and some poor stats. He definitely feels like an improvement on Montano, however he isn't on Taggarts level. He has only been in the country for less than a year. Maybe he could put away 15 goals next year... or maybe not, i'm not psychic.

I think the answer is playing with two strikers. Imagine Milos partnered with a player like Taggart. Run a 4-4-2 come seasons end, similar to the Wellington 3-1 win at home with Nobby up front, with Leo and Coops behind them and see how it fairs, if that works like it did before then maybe it's worth looking at for next season