Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 All Age and other general fat bastards thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2012 All Age and other general fat bastards thread

how'd everyone go during the break?

my team is second on goal difference with a game in hand - highlight's include putting 4 past Bullfrog Gareth's team on Wednesday night - hoping to do the same in today's rematch

Bullfrog

enjoy the 10am game v city

Leading the comp by 2 points, which is a nice change. However, we still haven't played the mob in 2nd as both of games have been called off. Playing the mob coming 3rd today, should be interesting, given we beat them 4-2 last time after having a man sent off.

Highlights included keeping a clean sheet for the first time in living memory...

fourth on GD but a catch up game out of 2nd. 10 team comp, 8 of which are really good teams. Even team coming 1st has only won 5/8 games.
    Some really good teams are going to miss the semis this year.

another victory over Bullfrog's team - disgusted to have the big fella barge through and score through the sun glare

Southy all age O
    we were undefeated until we got done by lake macquarie 2-1 and 1-1 with edgey yesterday with 5 red cards.
    3 from us and 2 from them

Sounds like a fiery affair RedMexican! Or was it a card-happy Ref??

yeah it was a very fiery affair, although there keeper should have been sent, he ran from goals to the fight which was on half way.

Lakes AA/O keep marching on with a big 7-0 win over Maitland. In all honesty we should have hit double figures. Our goalkeeper touched the ball probably twice the whole game.

Looking forward to the double-header against Dudley this weekend!

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Azzurri J just doin our thang 3-1 vs lake mac. Sitting 3rd 2 pts behind 1st and 2nd. Scorps in fine form

All Age L Grade is a really tight comp this year. Any team can win on the day. While we (Cooks Hill) are out in front, it's tight for the remaining 3 finals spots which is great to see.

Played out at Lake Macquarie in a catch up game last night.
    Very jealous of their ground. Made for good football.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Played out at Lake Macquarie in a catch up game last night.
    Very jealous of their ground. Made for good football.
    Yeah they have done a good job of it.

Lakes AA/O hit their first hurdle of the season in the double header against Dudley. Lost the game on the Saturday 3-0 (our one and only loss for the year) and were 10 minutes from a second loss on the bounce, until 2 quick goals evened it up. Should have probably won it at the end.

Playing winless Edgeworth on Saturday and top-of-the-table Azzurri on Sunday.

Cookers AA/L another tight win over Jesmond in cold, windy conditions. 1-0. Expect to see Jesmond in the final series.

Southy a/a o

After our complete embarrassment last weekend against Maitland we smacked 4 past azzuri (who are in first position) in a 4-1 win

Dudley tomorrow to take 2nd place back.

a win for Cooks Hill F over Dudley today 2-1

I mean, the ridiculous attitude of some of these blokes in All Age F grade - just utter cocks

Dudley-Redhead seem to have the same character the whole club through, as do certain other clubs

I've played Dudley-Redhead in A/A D and they weren't a bad bunch of young blokes. On a side note, Weston Swifts went down 3-2 to Lambton today. Not a bad result for 8 men against the competition leader
    "The member formerly known as Bluenwhitejet"

Quote Originally Posted by Newyrover7 View Post
    Southy a/a o

After our complete embarrassment last weekend against Maitland we smacked 4 past azzuri (who are in first position) in a 4-1 win

Dudley tomorrow to take 2nd place back.
    Quite the turnaround! We (Lakes) are yet to play Azzuri, so have no idea if they are as good as the ladder implies. I am very much looking forward to our rematch next game.

We had a decent 6-1 win over Metford today. We could have honestly had 10, and even scored their goal for them. This made up for a disappointing draw against South Wallsend last weekend (which by the way featured the worst refereeing I have seen in almost 20 years playing the game).

Cooks Hill A/A L for the second Tim this season came from 1-0 down against Belmont to win 2-1. Very close to securing the minor premiership now

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Quite the turnaround! We (Lakes) are yet to play Azzuri, so have no idea if they are as good as the ladder implies. I am very much looking forward to our rematch next game.

We had a decent 6-1 win over Metford today. We could have honestly had 10, and even scored their goal for them. This made up for a disappointing draw against South Wallsend last weekend (which by the way featured the worst refereeing I have seen in almost 20 years playing the game).
    azzuri are a quality side, we just played a faultless game.
    did you guys play metford up there ?