Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 All Age and other general fat bastards thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    azzuri are a quality side, we just played a faultless game.
    did you guys play metford up there ?
    Nope, played at home. Beat them 5-0 up there earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post

We had a decent 6-1 win over Metford today. We could have honestly had 10, and even scored their goal for them.
    I dont get any joy out of flogging last place. Let 'em string a few passes together ya heros.

With results over the weekend, Cooks Hill All Age L have wrapped up the minor premiership.

southy all age O

the brilliant result of saturday, completely drained away in a 2-1 loss

harder to take due to playing the game against 10 men for the last 20 minutes after the keeper ran 60 metres to get involved in a nothing scuffle and give one of our boys one straight to the face and was sent off accordingly.

dudley scored an absolute wonder goal in the last 2 minutes to win it. credit to them.

South wallsend A/A H

Tough game at adamstown on saturday 2nd V 3rd on the ladder
    finished 1-1 southy equalised from a set piece 15 minutes from fulltime
    couldnt be prouded of the southy lads playing entire game with 11

Norwest AA11

3-3 draw with third placed Toongabbie.

Just thought i'd drop that in here.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    On a side note, Weston Swifts went down 3-2 to Lambton today. Not a bad result for 8 men against the competition leader
    This is probably because you blokes are by far the best team in that grade. A great effort in defense you looked comfortable all day.
    One other thing, your number 15 was unreal. Borderline psychotic he was so fired up but never dirty and was first to shake hands and have a laugh after the game. He was great value (and a nice bloke, the 'psychotic' comment was in jest).
    Get 11 blokes and you'll walk in this comp. good luck for the rest of your season.

Cheers for the wrap plague, but I'm not convinced we'd "walk in this comp". Lambton, Mayfield and Argy are more than a match for us. And, we're yet to beat Lakes or Azzuri. Still plenty of twists and turns left before semi-final time. Tangles (No 15) treads a very fine line, but always has the best intentions. A good hard player, who's not afraid to speak his mind. I'm glad he's on my side and not the other. All the best to you guys as well
    "The member formerly known as Bluenwhitejet"

Quote Originally Posted by Hamma12 View Post
    South wallsend A/A H

Tough game at adamstown on saturday 2nd V 3rd on the ladder
    finished 1-1 southy equalised from a set piece 15 minutes from fulltime
    couldnt be prouded of the southy lads playing entire game with 11
    with 11? that is normal

Not for them...

Tenambit v Cooks Hill
    FT: 1-2

Good, hard game of football against the league-leaders (Cooks Hill). Pretty frustrating losing on almost the last kick of the game, but that's football.

Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting again in the finals. Cheers lads for a tough, fair match.

Was out at Kurri Kurri today and was shocked to hear that the Hunter Valley Referees association did not appoint a single ref for a 16/C game. The Kurri Kurri coach ended up having to ref due to the club not having a club ref on hand. He hadn't reffed a single game before and credit to him, he did a good job.

Would love to hear why they didn't appoint any refs to this game, and if anyone knows why please tell.

Also, St Johns threw away another 2 points today to Generation City. Making us 0/2 since we won the league. I don't know about you guys, but I want to do me best each game and not take things easy and not care if we lose, even if we've won the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Was out at Kurri Kurri today and was shocked to hear that the Hunter Valley Referees association did not appoint a single ref for a 16/C game. The Kurri Kurri coach ended up having to ref due to the club not having a club ref on hand. He hadn't reffed a single game before and credit to him, he did a good job.

Would love to hear why they didn't appoint any refs to this game, and if anyone knows why please tell.

Also, St Johns threw away another 2 points today to Generation City. Making us 0/2 since we won the league. I don't know about you guys, but I want to do me best each game and not take things easy and not care if we lose, even if we've won the league.
    Simple story really, HV refs association lost so many refs last season they don,t have enough to go around. Think yourself lucky if any team between 14 & all age get any refs.

Most refs that didn't come back were contacted and asked why they wouldn't be back and by far the biggest reply was that they were sick of the abuse. Can't blame I wouldnt put up with the shite they have to out up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    Simple story really, HV refs association lost so many refs last season they don,t have enough to go around. Think yourself lucky if any team between 14 & all age get any refs.

Most refs that didn't come back were contacted and asked why they wouldn't be back and by far the biggest reply was that they were sick of the abuse. Can't blame I wouldnt put up with the shite they have to out up with.
    Did they? I didn't realise they had lost a lot of refs. And I know they have a tough job etc (should have heard how much a Macquarie o/35 team abused a NPS ref), but if the abuse is so high, surely the association would come down hard on the clubs to ensure that the level of abuse is cut down across the board..

But that being said, it's fair enough reason. I wouldn't put up with it. Thanks Grunta.

AA/L - great game with Tenambit today. 1-1 for majority of game and only a late cookers goal split the teams. Credit to Tenambit - they have a tough schedule playing Thursday night, Saturday and Sunday.

southy all age o 1-0 over lake macquarie on the weekend.
    credit to old mate who got down and done his push ups after being nuttyed.
    big game against dudley this weekend.
    which will decide how the top 3 will finish.. we also have a game in hand against metford.

credit to old mate who got down and done his push ups after being nuttyed.
    Haha that was quality!

Well done to you guys, that was only our second loss for the year. We have two games against Azzurri and one against Edgy to go, can mathematically finish as high as 2nd, but I think 4th is where we'll stay.

Haha that was quality!

Well done to you guys, that was only our second loss for the year. We have two games against Azzurri and one against Edgy to go, can mathematically finish as high as 2nd, but I think 4th is where we'll stay.
    It really was, definately made the game. It will be interesting to see who finishs 5th

It really was, definately made the game. It will be interesting to see who finishs 5th
    Yeah, I was surprised that Edgy beat South Wallsend. It was good for us though, as it means we are guaranteed a spot in the semis baring a minor miracle from Edgy seeing as we are ahead of them by 20 goals on goal difference.

Yeah, I was surprised that Edgy beat South Wallsend. It was good for us though, as it means we are guaranteed a spot in the semis baring a minor miracle from Edgy seeing as we are ahead of them by 20 goals on goal difference.
    edgy will win by 30