Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1223

Thread: UEFA Champions League and Europa League Thread

  1. #261
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,347
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    The liverpool comeback is better IMO even if they got to the final off a ghost goal. But greatest UCL game for me was the 4-4 Chelsea-Liverpool game at the bridge in the 08/09 season. Lamps scoring a penalty days after his Mum died was incredible
    I was in a hotel in Scotland during that game and remember watching it. It was a great match to watch as a spectacle. Certainly edge of the seat stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  2. #262
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I was in a hotel in Scotland during that game and remember watching it. It was a great match to watch as a spectacle. Certainly edge of the seat stuff.
    I remember you scored two goals in the 81st and 83rd Mins and was leading on aggregate when Lamps scored his second
    Last edited by StannyCFCJET; 12-04-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  3. #263
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,347
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I I remember you scored two goals in the 81st and 83rd Mins and was leading on aggregate when Lamps scored his second
    Wasn't me mate. As I said, I was in a hotel in Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  4. #264
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Wasn't me mate. As I said, I was in a hotel in Scotland
    you the real MVP Jeterpool
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  5. #265
    Senior Member lquiquer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,229
    0-3 Barca..... Another "Remontada" would make me feel better...
    Dare to Zlatan

    Originally Posted by Grimario

    He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

  6. #266
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,347
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    0-3 Barca..... Another "Remontada" would make me feel better...
    Thought the same thing. Will they do it the hard way AGAIN?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  7. #267
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,347
    Also, shocking news re: the bomb attack on Dortmund's bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  8. #268
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Also, shocking news re: the bomb attack on Dortmund's bus.
    Yeah just read about that Bartra has a fractured arm. Why target a football team?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  9. #269
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,347
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Yeah just read about that Bartra has a fractured arm. Why target a football team?
    Why target anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  10. #270
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Why target anyone?
    i Agree but you never hear of sporting teams being attacked apart from the Togo team a few years back as far as I remember
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  11. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Why target a football team?
    Publicity wise I surprised these types don't do it more often

    We live in the age of celebrity and what better way to get attention than to tie your message to a celebrity

  12. #272
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    i Agree but you never hear of sporting teams being attacked apart from the Togo team a few years back as far as I remember
    Munich olympic attack

  13. #273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Munich olympic attack
    The boston marathon

  14. #274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,510
    wasn't a cricket team attacked in india/Pakistan not that long ago.

  15. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Semi Final Draw

    Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid
    Monaco v Juventus

    Probably the most exciting combo available

  16. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Europa League semi draw

    Ajax v Lyon

    Celta Vigo v ManUre

  17. #277
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,347
    I am hoping someone can answer this question - If Man Utd win the Europa League and come 4th, does the champions league spot get awarded to the 5th place team?

    I've read the UEFA and Premier LEague websites and it doesn't make sense to me...maybe it's a Monday morning thing.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 24-04-2017 at 09:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  18. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I am hoping someone can answer this question - If Man Utd win the Europa League and come 4th, does the champions league spot get awarded to the 5th place team?

    I've read the UEFA and Premier LEague websites and it doesn't make sense to me...maybe it's a Monday morning thing.
    Remember the year your lot won the UCL

    It gave the Poms 5 teams in it

    They just put 2 in the Qualifying Round

    After that they made it a mandatory 4 and no one will get 5 again.

    So if Man U come in with the Europa League and qualify high enough in the EPL it still be 4 English teams next year

  19. #279
    Senior Member BodyNovo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    2283
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Remember the year your lot won the UCL

    It gave the Poms 5 teams in it

    They just put 2 in the Qualifying Round

    After that they made it a mandatory 4 and no one will get 5 again.

    So if Man U come in with the Europa League and qualify high enough in the EPL it still be 4 English teams next year
    Incorrect they change the rule when they brought in that the Europa league winner gets a spot.

    the only way the 4th finishing team could miss out Is if a team outside the top 4 i.e. Leicester won it, but they are now knocked out so no problems there.
    Last edited by BodyNovo; 24-04-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

    Hail Body!

  20. #280
    Senior Member lquiquer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If Man Utd win the Europa League .
    Big IF without The Lion
    Dare to Zlatan

    Originally Posted by Grimario

    He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •