Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League and Europa League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Why would you do this to me? Why?

Seriously tho, Bayern look pretty good again this year. They have the cover for Robben and Ribery (Lewandowski a little bit as well) so that they can be rested during the regular season and save them a bit for UCL. Bayern would be my favourites at this very early stage to win the whole thing.

Then we can face them in the super cup next year and lose....
    I can tell you how to beat Bayern if you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Then we can face them in the super cup next year and lose....
    This is why you're a great poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    This is why you're a great poster
    High compliment from a legend such as yourself.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Never understood Frodo's Europa League stuff about it being the superior competition. But now that I'm watching it live I totally get it. The Champions League is a tin pot league in comparison

If anyone who cares about the English National team wants to see the future, they should watch the Arsenal game and the Dortmund game.

Emile Smith Rowe, from Arsenal, will be in the squad in a year or two given his current improvements. So calm and talented, plus hard working. Has everything you need to succeed.

Jordan Sancho, who just got called up for the friendly with James Maddison from Leicester, will also be a mainstay for years to come. The new assist king it seems. Good to see them getting minutes against 1st team opposition instead of some of the other talent being stacked on benches at Citeh and Chelsea.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

If anyone who cares about the English National team wants to see the future, they should watch the Arsenal game and the Dortmund game.

Emile Smith Rowe, from Arsenal, will be in the squad in a year or two given his current improvements. So calm and talented, plus hard working. Has everything you need to succeed.

Jordan Sancho, who just got called up for the friendly with James Maddison from Leicester, will also be a mainstay for years to come. The new assist king it seems. Good to see them getting minutes against 1st team opposition instead of some of the other talent being stacked on benches at Citeh and Chelsea.
    One thing I always look at is how many English players Premier League clubs have in their first XI. If the 5+6 rule ever came in it would kill some of the "Big Clubs", last weekend Chelsea V Liverpool, Chelsea had one English player come off the bench where as Liverpool had 4 start and 1 come off the bench.
    There are some really talented young English players coming through evident by England being the current U/17 and U/20 World Champions. Phil Fodden at City is one that needs to go out on loan and also a kid by the name of Rhian Brewster at Liverpool needs some first team action.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    One thing I always look at is how many English players Premier League clubs have in their first XI. If the 5+6 rule ever came in it would kill some of the "Big Clubs", last weekend Chelsea V Liverpool, Chelsea had one English player come off the bench where as Liverpool had 4 start and 1 come off the bench.
    There are some really talented young English players coming through evident by England being the current U/17 and U/20 World Champions. Phil Fodden at City is one that needs to go out on loan and also a kid by the name of Rhian Brewster at Liverpool needs some first team action.
    Brewster is just coming back from injury I think, he was probably going on loan until that happened. But yeah, quick feet and direct.

Mason Mount never played a minute for Chelsea, went to Vitesse and did well, went to Derby and is in the hunt for the national team. He will never get a shot at Chelsea. Hopefully these young kids start seeing the light and moving on if they don't have a pathway to the 1st team. There are so many good young players working their way from the Championship into the EPL instead of playing in youth teams until they are 23.

Brewster is just coming back from injury I think, he was probably going on loan until that happened. But yeah, quick feet and direct.

Mason Mount never played a minute for Chelsea, went to Vitesse and did well, went to Derby and is in the hunt for the national team. He will never get a shot at Chelsea. Hopefully these young kids start seeing the light and moving on if they don't have a pathway to the 1st team. There are so many good young players working their way from the Championship into the EPL instead of playing in youth teams until they are 23.
    Sadly I agree. Mason Mount is incredible.

Athletico Madrid have just been utterly dominated by Borussia Dortmund this morning. They looked absolutely average and got spanked. Could have haven been 7-0 if Dortmund had taken some other easy chances.

Costa and Greizman were woeful, Costa even tried to start his usual fights with little affect. It was beautiful.

Gotze standing in Goden's face unerringly was beautiful to watch. Simeone could only appluad Dortmund after the game it was so comprehensive.

Great game of football, would watch again.
    (Tottenham losing was also great.)

Athletico Madrid have just been utterly dominated by Borussia Dortmund this morning. They looked absolutely average and got spanked. Could have haven been 7-0 if Dortmund had taken some other easy chances.

Costa and Greizman were woeful, Costa even tried to start his usual fights with little affect. It was beautiful.

Gotze standing in Goden's face unerringly was beautiful to watch. Simeone could only appluad Dortmund after the game it was so comprehensive.

Tottenham had a draw.

Thanks for the heads up, will try to give it a watch.
    Dortmund seem to just get their attackers to flourish season after season, no matter who it is that those attackers are.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Tottenham had a draw.
    Loss or draw fairly irrelevant.
    We needed a win to have a real shot at catching Inter.
    But you are right, Frodo and his alternate Arsenal biased reality were a bit off on the result.

Dortmund under Favre are having a good Season for a very Young side in the league and now in Championsleague.

IT wasnt all one sided, Madrid had chances hitting the bar etc...

Dortmund just way more clinical and Favre making the changes that he did allowed the team to Blow out the score.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Loss or draw fairly irrelevant.
    We needed a win to have a real shot at catching Inter.
    But you are right, Frodo and his alternate Arsenal biased reality were a bit off on the result.
    True, on all accounts including the reality I choose to live in. I thought the Red card was also a penalty converted. Then a 3rd goal. I hadn't watched any highlights, just briefly read an article. Will watch all the highlights tomorrow after the real competition finishes to get my sh&t straight.

Genuinely worried about our travel to Portugal, Sporting are a good side. But if we win this one, the cup is basically ours.

True, on all accounts including the reality I choose to live in. I thought the Red card was also a penalty converted. Then a 3rd goal. I hadn't watched any highlights, just briefly read an article. Will watch all the highlights tomorrow after the real competition finishes to get my sh&t straight.

Genuinely worried about our travel to Portugal, Sporting are a good side. But if we win this one, the cup is basically ours.
    The cup is yours hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    The cup is yours hmmmm
    Wrap it all up. It's coming home boys. Arsenal 2018/19 Champions League and Europa League winners. (We won this one so easy they gave us the other tin pot cup as well)

Just saw this one

Welbz has more goals in all comps this season than the following players:

Roberto Firmino, Alexis Sanchez, Alvaro Morata, Romelu Lukaku, Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Marcus Rashford, and Raheem Sterling and he’s level with Cristiano Ronaldo.

That is all.
    That's not bad considering how little game time he gets and.how many fans complain when he gets called up to the England squad most times.

Just saw this one

That's not bad considering how little game time he gets and.how many fans complain when he gets called up to the England squad most times.
    His scored 5 goals, 2 of those have been in the league cup against Brentford.
    Calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    His scored 5 goals, 2 of those have been in the league cup against Brentford.
    Calm down.
    Sorry, I meant the quote thing is a funny. But the fact that's he's scored 5 goals in very few minutes is great for us and England. Not saying he is on the same level as that players in that list,

Sorry, I meant the quote thing is a funny. But the fact that's he's scored 5 goals in very few minutes is great for us and England. Not saying he is on the same level as that players in that list,
    He is better though.
    Caaarrrnnn the Arsenals.
    I've been a lifelong fan.
    Favorite team etc etc.