Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
I'm including the Europa guys in this - that could be all England as well. There must be a reason for this even if it is just cyclical.

I did not say the other comps were rubbish either - my point is not about skill, quality or capability or which league is best, just that the EPL builds endurance through regular intensive games in harsh conditions with no breaks.

Geez......
My apologies, I didn't mean to target you as such, your post was just along the lines of many other sentiments I've seen which is more so what I was addressing with my post.

I think there's a lot of people who mainly watch the English league who have the impression that "their" league is very even and competitive and most others are one or two horse races and have opponents blown past weekly without breaking a sweat, which is simply not the case.

Regarding Europa, the English teams probably *should* be dominant in it, if they have a fair crack. The disparity in money at the 5th and 6th placed English teams compared to other leagues' Europa qualifying teams is quite funny.
Other countries do seem to spend their money far more wisely somehow, in general. Maybe more willing to gamble on "roughies" or different coaching methods.

Its always fascinating seeing the different leagues clash in European competition, we get to have discussions like this.