Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1259

Thread: UEFA Champions League and Europa League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I'm including the Europa guys in this - that could be all England as well. There must be a reason for this even if it is just cyclical.

I did not say the other comps were rubbish either - my point is not about skill, quality or capability or which league is best, just that the EPL builds endurance through regular intensive games in harsh conditions with no breaks.

Geez......
    My apologies, I didn't mean to target you as such, your post was just along the lines of many other sentiments I've seen which is more so what I was addressing with my post.

I think there's a lot of people who mainly watch the English league who have the impression that "their" league is very even and competitive and most others are one or two horse races and have opponents blown past weekly without breaking a sweat, which is simply not the case.

Regarding Europa, the English teams probably *should* be dominant in it, if they have a fair crack. The disparity in money at the 5th and 6th placed English teams compared to other leagues' Europa qualifying teams is quite funny.
    Other countries do seem to spend their money far more wisely somehow, in general. Maybe more willing to gamble on "roughies" or different coaching methods.

Its always fascinating seeing the different leagues clash in European competition, we get to have discussions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I'm including the Europa guys in this - that could be all England as well. There must be a reason for this even if it is just cyclical.

I did not say the other comps were rubbish either - my point is not about skill, quality or capability or which league is best, just that the EPL builds endurance through regular intensive games in harsh conditions with no breaks.

Geez......
    oh i took this as a resounding endorsement, due to him once playing for Man U, that you are definitively saying that Ronaldo is better than Messi.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Up until recently it was only a top 4 and one or two of the teams always had an off season.
    This years top 6 is bloody impressive considering how strong some of the other teams in the comp can be on their day.
    Stop calling it a top 6

Man U are ****ing garbage. They ain't even close to the Top 5 at the moment

On another note the UCL should be scrapped from now on

Spuds have not won a League title since 1961 that is 58 years ago
    They ain't won a trophy in 11 years

Scousers haven't won a League title since 1990 that is 29 years ago
    They ain't won a trophy in 7 years

That these two teams are in the competition when they ain't been CHAMPIONS in **** knows how long is a farce

Banned
    That defending from Ajax was comical

A side defending a 3 goal lead at home for a spot in the biggest Euro club game were making errors that even Boogaard doesn't make

All over the show

They may have some talent but a lot of those players are severely lacking in game smarts

Some of the decision making Ajax showed in the last 45 mins was mind blowingly lacking in intelligence

Stop calling it a top 6

That these two teams are in the competition when they ain't been CHAMPIONS in **** knows how long is a farce

Of the 13 champions league/ European cups Real Madrid have won they weren’t champions of Spain 7 times.....

oh, here comes the Member in for the hottest of hot takes

And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

That defending from Ajax was comical

A side defending a 3 goal lead at home for a spot in the biggest Euro club game were making errors that even Boogaard doesn't make

All over the show

They may have some talent but a lot of those players are severely lacking in game smarts

Some of the decision making Ajax showed in the last 45 mins was mind blowingly lacking in intelligence
    It's almost as if the Ajax team was basically a bunch of kids?? I wonder if that had something to do with it?

And somehow the 3rd best team in the richest football league in the world managed to scrape past them in the 6th minute of injury time on away goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It's almost as if the Ajax team was basically a bunch of kids?? I wonder if that had something to do with it?
    pffffft.
    One Direction had like a bunch of Number 1's by the time they were 16.
    These Ajax players are obviously never gonna make it and should be sacked immediately.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned

And somehow the 3rd best team in the richest football league in the world managed to scrape past them in the 6th minute of injury time on away goals.
    Kids is irrelevant

Man Utd won a double with kids

For all the fapping that goes on about the famed Ajax yoof system those players crumbled when.put under a bit of pressure
    Where exactly was their structure??

Their football is designed to stand the test. Those kids failed big time. Where they failed was between the ears
    I backing that very few go on to be stars

As for the bit about the EPLSpuds are a bit part side in woeful inconsistent form at the moment down on personnel to boot and it took Llorente and some long ball to **** Ajax up

Stop calling it a top 6

Does it bring you joy to be so negative? YouÂ’re the type of bloke who would be disappointed at winning the lotto.

It’s hard to talk about their inexperience when Barcelona concede 4 in 90 minutes.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Arsenal now up by three goals

if any of the clubs left in the Europa can continue this trend and lose from here it's them

Kids is irrelevant

Man Utd won a double with kids

For all the fapping that goes on about the famed Ajax yoof system those players crumbled when.put under a bit of pressure
    Where exactly was their structure??

Their football is designed to stand the test. Those kids failed big time. Where they failed was between the ears
    I backing that very few go on to be stars

As for the bit about the EPLSpuds are a bit part side in woeful inconsistent form at the moment down on personnel to boot and it took Llorente and some long ball to **** Ajax up
    You argue very poorly nowadays Membah.

I said Ajax failed because of inexperience. You said the same thing.

I said Spuds were terrible and very lucky to win. You said the same thing.

Well done.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Arsenal now up by three goals

if any of the clubs left in the Europa can continue this trend and lose from here it's them
    Yeah, not gonna start thinking about Baku just yet. But surely we can't lose this. SHIRLEY!!!!?!!!!

Yeah, not gonna start thinking about Baku just yet. But surely we can't lose this. SHIRLEY!!!!?!!!!
    I've unclenched now. 7-3 overall win for the tie is nice. We even won away from home in Spain!

Chelsea not through yet.

Do away goals count in extra time?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

actually yes

David Luiz with the world class defending for that goal. Wow.

We didn’t lose !!

And don’t call me Shirley..

Each tie in the knockout phase, apart from the final, is played over two legs, with each team playing one leg at home. The team that scores more goals on aggregate over the two legs advance to the next round. If the aggregate score is level, the away goals rule is applied, i.e. the team that scores more goals away from home over the two legs advances. If away goals are also equal, then extra time is played. The away goals rule is again applied after extra time, i.e. if there are goals scored during extra time and the aggregate score is still level, the visiting team advances by virtue of more away goals scored. If no goals are scored during extra time, the tie is decided by penalty shoot-out. In the final, which is played as a single match, if the score is level at the end of normal time, extra time is played, followed by penalty shoot-out if the score remains tied.[2]

from - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E...knockout_phase