Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League and Europa League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    As for Ronaldo, not a fan at all but at some point you have to admit that when he continues to pop up out of nowhere and score goals with such reliability, there's something there. Total wanker though.
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Probably the biggest understatement of all time.
    that's true, he's the biggest total ****ing wanker in the world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    aparently there was a crowd stampede in Turin when some idiot let off a firework

http://www.espnfc.com/juventus/story...rin-amid-scare

what sort of an idiot lets off a large bang in a crowded area at a time of heighened terrorism fears?
    It football crowd

I don't think the ripping of pyro and associating it with government false flag ops is in the thinking of your average football hoolz

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    take it to Breitbart you nutcase

I've watched that Mario Mandzukic goal a dozen times. Even the missus went "Wow....."
    It's those moments when you realise why we love this game.
    I've been looking over a Jazz study book recently and it talks about the 99% of 'work' and the 1% of 'magic'.
    That goal was the 1% through and through.

While watching the game, maybe 2 minutes before the goal, I thought to myself "Mandzukic has been quiet tonight"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Thanks to Mario Manjerkic for scoring 7 minutes too late and absolutely destroying the hopes & dreams of the nf.net KOTH Punterz Club ops:

Agreed with Plague, I'm assuming he said this - when it comes to GOAT, Ronaldo doesn't tie Zidane's laces.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    **** that only thing worse is how the hell the Refs fall for it. (and yes I realise this is rich coming from someone who loves Drogba, But I hated when he dived and I hate when anyone else dives.) If we had a player like that at the jets it would drive me nuts
    Old mate ran over and stomped him for no reason.

You expect him to just stand there and cop it?

Easy yellow card, and it's the Juve bozos fault he already had one.

Ramos did nothing to get him sent.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    He was lucky he was about during a golden period for French football
    You mean the same 'Golden generation' that not only failed to get out of the group stage but failed to score a goal in the process when Zidane was out injured.

With Zidane: World Cup win, World Cup final, Euro win, Confed cup win.

Without Zidane: Worst World Cup performance by a holder in history.

Zidane WAS the Golden Generation of French football.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Agreed with Plague, I'm assuming he said this - when it comes to GOAT, Ronaldo doesn't tie Zidane's laces.
    I'm not big on the individual comparisons, because Zidane is the greatest footballer I've ever seen, and I'm happy to have people think the same about Maradona, Messi or Ronaldo.
    But I've grown to appreciate Ronaldo the more he changes his game and adapts to his physical skills diminishing with age.

One other thing about Ronaldo, and Zidanes management of him. For years now the Messi/Ronaldo argument has been based around stats, especially goals. I think it's a much bigger deal than people realise to get Ronaldo to sit out an easy La Liga match where he can pad his stats to keep pace with Messi, instead sacrifice himself for the good of the team trying to chase Trophies.

Messi, by virtue of age, will finish with many more goals at every level than Ronaldo, but the trophy cabinets are now largely the same. It's probably closer now than ever about 'who's better' between those two*.

*and yes, whatever your answer is in this debate it's wrong because Iniesta was better than both of them.
    cc:MFKS.

Personally I couldn't give a toss about goals and trophies and stats. Watching Messi play puts a huge goofy grin on my face. His vision and fine control leave me awestruck. People can have their opinions and awards can go to whoever, that's all fine. Easy answer for my pick.

Talk to me when Les Murray sings a song about Ronnie or any other fraud tbh:

OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I'm not big on the individual comparisons, because Zidane is the greatest footballer I've ever seen, and I'm happy to have people think the same about Maradona, Messi or Ronaldo.
    But I've grown to appreciate Ronaldo the more he changes his game and adapts to his physical skills diminishing with age.

One other thing about Ronaldo, and Zidanes management of him. For years now the Messi/Ronaldo argument has been based around stats, especially goals. I think it's a much bigger deal than people realise to get Ronaldo to sit out an easy La Liga match where he can pad his stats to keep pace with Messi, instead sacrifice himself for the good of the team trying to chase Trophies.

Messi, by virtue of age, will finish with many more goals at every level than Ronaldo, but the trophy cabinets are now largely the same. It's probably closer now than ever about 'who's better' between those two*.

*and yes, whatever your answer is in this debate it's wrong because Iniesta was better than both of them.
    5000 words of dribble to finally get to the important bit where Iniesta is better than both CR7 and Messi

Only problem for Iniesta is he still second to Griff but not Iniesta fault he can't surpas Griff

5000 words of dribble
    Someone's gotta try and speak your language there boss.

Ronaldo has bossed multiple leagues and generally has good games for Portugal, Messi has only down well in a easy spanish league and Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

5000 words of dribble
    How many years have you been part of this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ronaldo has bossed multiple leagues and generally has good games for Portugal, Messi has only down well in a easy spanish league and Argentina
    Haha you honestly think y'all gonna drag me into me some Messi v Ronaldo hot take showdown?

Bhahahahaha.

Besides, we all know whoever has the most assists is the better player.

A casual observation of the NBA and something similar is happening. People are comparing Lebron James to Michael Jordan, and one of the biggest critcisms (sp??) of Lebron is he gets rested far more than Jordan does, thus making Lebron's claim to GOAT invalid. I don't watch it enough to have an opinion on Lebron vs Jordan tbh, but thought it was relevant to what you've just said.

IMO it is also harder to compare guys of different generations, because of how much the players, game, etc evolve. Does it irk anyone else watching pre-90s stuff and seeing the all-too-common backpass, for eg? Kills me every time.

We should all just be really thankful to be in an age where we can watch such amazing talents from our pocket phones IMO.
    OK

Haha you honestly think y'all gonna drag me into me some Messi v Ronaldo hot take showdown?

Bhahahahaha.

Besides, we all know whoever has the most assists is the better player.
    No showdown, I Honestly think Messi would get hacked to death in the Prem and Wouldn't last 2 seasons specially how the Refs let things go
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

I am always intrigued by how many people seem to spend way more time on the hypothetical argument rather than just appreciating what's going on in front of them.

NBA at the moment is a perfect example, all you hear about is Lebron v Jordan but the Warriors team is right there in front of us and it's majestic to watch.

I am always intrigued by how many people seem to spend way more time on the hypothetical argument rather than just appreciating what's going on in front of them.

NBA at the moment is a perfect example, all you hear about is Lebron v Jordan but the Warriors team is right there in front of us and it's majestic to watch.
    The true test of Lebron will be how he deals with the Monstars in Space Jam 2, and only then can we fully compare him to Jordan tbf.
    OK