Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League and Europa League Thread

Anyone watching the Europa League final?
    Marin just got Pintoed

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Anyone watching the Europa League final?
    Marin just got Pintoed
    How long did he last?

Well that turned into a flogging. Atletico ran out of legs.

Simeone hasn't done his reputation any good carrying on like a turkey.

Ronaldo....such a show pony too. I find it so hard to like him. Great player and all that but there's something about him I just can't stomach.

5 minutes of injury time.!!! where from ffs

Ati had it won threw it away. Nice to see the home grown junior Real boys got the job done.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    ronaldo's celebration
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    ronaldo's celebration
    He must work out.

Thought it was a good final, lots of drama etc.
    thought Bale was fairly awful but then bobbed up for the (first) 'winner'. Terrible knee slide though. Will give him something to practice whilst all the good countries are at the World Cup.
    Simeoné though, what a nutter. Why did he go after the Real bloke at the end? Anyone see what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Thought it was a good final, lots of drama etc.
    thought Bale was fairly awful but then bobbed up for the (first) 'winner'. Terrible knee slide though. Will give him something to practice whilst all the good countries are at the World Cup.
    Simeoné though, what a nutter. Why did he go after the Real bloke at the end? Anyone see what happened?
    Not sure what was said or done but Varane seemed to be apologizing after it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Haven't read most of the posts reagarding the game but my honest opinion was that in the end the result reflected the match. I was hoping that Athletico would win but the huge spenders deserved it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    ronaldo's celebration
    mixed feelings for you, mate?
    we will loose

Tell me why with pretty well the last corner of the game would you not have 2 players guarding both sticks. Is it just something that doesnt happen anymore in professional football and only at amateur level. If theres a bloke on the back stick there is no goal there.

Same thing with the FA cup final Hulls 1st goal would have been easily cleared of the line if there was a back stick man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-86 View Post
    Tell me why with pretty well the last corner of the game would you not have 2 players guarding both sticks. Is it just something that doesnt happen anymore in professional football and only at amateur level. If theres a bloke on the back stick there is no goal there.

Same thing with the FA cup final Hulls 1st goal would have been easily cleared of the line if there was a back stick man.
    As a goalkeeper the one thing I demand on corners is someone on each post. At that point in the game even the strikers should have been back defending so marking up should not have been a problem. Courtois must have been spewing to conceed like that!

slavish dedication to a defensive system often leads to shit like this happening. you have blokes running round like mad following players etc, and then they seem to forget the fundamentals of positioning on set pieces.

as a keeper as well, i can assure you that the defenders were probably not listening

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah as much of a fairy tale story it has been for atleti this season, they've been rather dour at times and you can't begrudge an attacking team like real winning the comp.

people have been saying that they were hard done by with real scoring so late on but did atleti actually create a clear chance in the game? their goal was a farce from a set-piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Real Madrid shits me because they spend so much money. Like, I know that's the business, but what do people expect, them to lose? Real winning doesn't excite me as a neutral supporter. I guess we all love an underdog. But Madrid play in la liga which recently is basically a 2 horse race each year with a random club making a challenge every so often. I admit I don't follow it much but it seems real disregard development, buy somebody that is killing it somewhere and pay a lot for them. Eg bale recently and Oezil after his breakthrough World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Real Madrid shits me because they spend so much money. Like, I know that's the business, but what do people expect, them to lose? Real winning doesn't excite me as a neutral supporter. I guess we all love an underdog. But Madrid play in la liga which recently is basically a 2 horse race each year with a random club making a challenge every so often. I admit I don't follow it much but it seems real disregard development, buy somebody that is killing it somewhere and pay a lot for them. Eg bale recently and Oezil after his breakthrough World Cup.
    sort of like Chelsea, Man City etc

Beşiktaş v Arsenal
    Standard Liège v Zenit
    København v Leverkusen
    Lille v Porto
    Napoli v Athletic Club
    S. Bratislava v BATE
    Steaua v Ludogorets
    Aalborg v APEOL
    Maribor v Celtic
    Salzburg v Malmo

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    wow, pedo's get through the back door. fair enough.