Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owners coming.... Out with the ??? In with the ???

New owners coming.... Out with the ??? In with the ???

When we are finally sold to the highest bidder what are people's thoughts on
    1. what MUST stay,
    2. what SHOULD stay,
    3. What new things MUST happen,
    4. What new things SHOULD happen.
    5. Anything old that's gone, but MUST return.
    6. Anything old that's gone, but SHOULD return.
    7. Anything else you'd like to add.

I'm gonna compile them so the subcommittee have a series of broader views to present. So keep things realistic please.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 18-03-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Playing at a venue with a smaller capacity.
    Playing in a predominantly Gold strip with touches of Blue and Red.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

In the short term, what venue do you see as a genuine option?

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    In the short term, what venue do you see as a genuine option?
    Hunter Stadium until a suitable 15-20,000 seat venue can be built.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

So get the new owners to build a new multi million dollar stadium that we would be aiming to grow out of? I dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    So get the new owners to build a new multi million dollar stadium that we would be aiming to grow out of? I dont get it
    I don't expect the typical Australian to get it.
    Truth is the 8-9k crowd we get quite regular is pretty soulless in the 33,000 capacity Hunter Stadium. Studies and examples from all around the world show that by having smaller football specific stadia actually increases demand for tickets and creates a more personal and enjoyable experience.
    A smaller Football specific stadia heightens the atmosphere, along with having it in heart of the respective CBD improves the match day experience which is supported by local businesses before and prior to the game.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I don't expect the typical Australian to get it.
    Truth is the 8-9k crowd we get quite regular is pretty soulless in the 33,000 capacity Hunter Stadium. Studies and examples from all around the world show that by having smaller football specific stadia actually increases demand for tickets and creates a more personal and enjoyable experience.
    A smaller Football specific stadia heightens the atmosphere, along with having it in heart of the respective CBD improves the match day experience which is supported by local businesses before and prior to the game.
    It didn't feel empty last week. Granted, we had the noise from RBB, but overall we only had 12,000 people. A Jets side playing decent football and consistently making the finals would regularly see at least 12-14k every week - I don't think our stadium is an issue. At least it's not Suncorp. And where on earth would you build a football stadium in the heart of Newcastle CBD??

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    It didn't feel empty last week. Granted, we had the noise from RBB, but overall we only had 12,000 people. A Jets side playing decent football and consistently making the finals would regularly see at least 12-14k every week - I don't think our stadium is an issue. At least it's not Suncorp. And where on earth would you build a football stadium in the heart of Newcastle CBD??
    No.2, Athletics Feild, find a new home for the Croquet, Wickham Park.

Yeah and picture a 12-14k crowd every week in a 16k capacity stadium? The place would be bouncing.
    Look at Loftus Road, the place is buzzing every game because it's packed. Better example look at several MSL Clubs. Many of their Stadia are around the 20k mark and it creates a demand for tickets/Season passes.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    The E&C needs to return same with the gold

**** off the blue and red forever

Those fighter Jets need to appear every game

The EJ program needs a massive overhaul.

We need some realistic goals. Team full of locals or a Gun side to win a comp.
    Whatever it is get a ****ing plan and stop making it up as we go

Prices of tickets need to raise to realistic levels to fund the club

Supporters should be issued a hat each season in the shape of a Jet

With the current ownership of lack of a smaller stadium makes sense. However, when we get a new owner and can afford a team that will be finals contenders the club will have no trouble filling up the current stadium.

Once and for all we have to decide what our colours are going to be. I recall at the Forums last year that this was discussed and that for next season and beyond members would be having input into our colours. Can understand though with the dragging out of the ownership that this decision has been put on the backburner but once a new owner takes over we need to decide on what our playing colours are going to be and stick with them. We can't keep going on with this chameleon type existence because we lose our identity as a club.

On the stadium issue raised above, can't see the point in talking about it, I mean we have struggled for years to fund a football club in Newcastle so where are we going to get funds to build another stadium??? The state and federal governments injected funds to build the Western stadium because of the fact it was used all year round and the Jets showed that they could draw huge crowds just like the Knights. Can just imagine what the reaction would if we put forth a proposal to have our own stadium....not going to happen.

On that point also, we showed in the 06/07 and 07/08 seasons that a Jets side playing decent football and playing finals football will attract crowds of 14,000 minimum and up to 18-20k and over 20,000 for big game Finals. 12-14k is a very conservative figure, I daresay the growth of the game in the region in those 8 years since our heyday has been very strong with many more participants at all ages and levels, particularly in girls/womens. I really believe we have the potential to average over 16k if we have a club which this region believes in and a team which excites people and makes them want to come and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The E&C needs to return same with the gold

**** off the blue and red forever

The EJ program needs a massive overhaul.

We need some realistic goals. Team full of locals or a Gun side to win a comp.
    Whatever it is get a ****ing plan and stop making it up as we go

Prices of tickets need to raise to realistic levels to fund the club

Supporters should be issued a hat each season in the shape of a Jet
    Any Newcastle Jets team trying to fund its activities primarily on ticket sales will be doomed to failure. Prices need to be set to maximise sales not profits or revenues - that way you get the stadium full. With a full stadium you get corporate interest and with that you get sponsorship dollars. Moreover, you get an atmosphere that will lure players to the club - I would hope anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Any Newcastle Jets team trying to fund its activities primarily on ticket sales will be doomed to failure. Prices need to be set to maximise sales not profits or revenues - that way you get the stadium full. With a full stadium you get corporate interest and with that you get sponsorship dollars. Moreover, you get an atmosphere that will lure players to the club - I would hope anyway.
    Disagree

I bought some tickets for games away V Roar Victree Gypos this week

I am paying well over $30 per match to go watch us lose.

Our Members are paying about $10 a game to watch us lose at Stade de Newy every week

Everyone whinges about the lack of personnel at our club compared to others. If our revenue is that small because tickets are not comparative to our rival maybe we need to raise them to appropriate levels to be more competitive on the pitch and across the club??

Not expect a magic team and club but contribute **** all out of our own pockets

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    When we are finally sold to the highest bidder what are people's thoughts on

1. what MUST stay, if any are left, all the back room staff who have been with the club through the crap times

2. what SHOULD stay,the coaching staff. Given their limited funds, I think they've done a pretty good job. With new owners, hopefully with cash to throw around we'll carve the league up.

3. What new things MUST happen,we have to sort our colours out & stick with them. Forever. No more chopping & changing. The members were promised the opportunity to decide & this must be followed through on.

Every other club has a marquee. Surely the second biggest city in NSW deserves one too.

4. What new things SHOULD happen.This might piss some people off, but a new anthem. Don't get me wrong; NTUA is an awesome song & part of our history but it doesn't seem to get the crowd involved, like Victree's "stand by me" or City's "so happy together"

5. Anything old that's gone, but MUST return. (Am thinking about these 2. Will be back later)
    6. Anything old that's gone, but SHOULD return.

7. Anything else you'd like to add.
    I'd like to see the active support either return to bay 1/2 OR preferably be allowed on the southern hill. I understand why the move was made to bay 60 (I don't blame you for wanting to get out of the sun, especially in the middle of summer) but with most of the crowd in the western stand, we can't seeor hear you. People want to get involved in cheering/singing but we need someone visible and audible to lead us

I'm gonna compile them so the subcommittee have a series of broader views to present. So keep things realistic please.
    Answers from an old guy.

We need some realistic goals.
    The fact you have typed these two things in the same post is hilarious.

You obviously don't know how much $$$ it costs to get a fighter jet off the ground.

Once a year if we are lucky enough would be grand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    The fact you have typed these two things in the same post is hilarious.

You obviously don't know how much $$$ it costs to get a fighter jet off the ground.

Once a year if we are lucky enough would be grand
    Taxpayers $$ it costs anyway
    Bribe some bloke at the RAAF and "training flights" are organised on match days.

Not hard

Everyone whinges about the lack of personnel at our club compared to others. If our revenue is that small because tickets are not comparative to our rival maybe we need to raise them to appropriate levels to be more competitive on the pitch and across the club??
    If is wasnt for the $12 tix we would need cardboard cutouts in the stands to avoid embarrassment. where is that guy?

Bribe some bloke at the RAAF and "training flights" are organised on match days.

Not hard
    Like most government departments, defence has a budget.

Which is why you may notice increased flights around the EOFY, to ensure they use the entire budget.

Literally send planes up for fun

Not hard
    I'm sure Top Gun can organise this.
    LORD GRIFF

In the pre-match it's time we got a new video to support NTUA. I think the current one is about 3 seasons old and has footage pf players scoring penalties FFS.
    Surley the club can come up with an updated video that's a bit more exciting and inspiring than the current one?