Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New owners coming.... Out with the ??? In with the ???

1. what MUST stay,

Agree with the backroom staff. They have been with us through rough, shoestring times. Given a budget I'd like to see what they are really capable of.
    The current community engagement program
    The members sub committee, because despite not getting much credit for some off the off field fan activities there have been some excellent ideas and initiatives come from within the group.

2. what SHOULD stay,

3. What new things MUST happen,

A fan representative on the board
    Start treating the emerging Jets program seriously by owning it ourselves and investing in it.
    Develop our own "center of excellence" facility
    Investment in the squad and utilise the cap exemptions so we can compete on an even playing field.

4. What new things SHOULD happen.

Regular fan engagement forums

5. Anything old that's gone, but MUST return.

I'll have to think

6. Anything old that's gone, but SHOULD return.

After match presentations

7. Anything else you'd like to add.

Don't be daft and take us for fools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Just want it to happen!
    I can just see us sitting by while other clubs are signing up the better players we could be at least in the running for while ffa reject possibly awesome owners for the sake of a few thousand or so.
    Miller still sitting around not knowing if he will be kept on and if so, what his budget will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Just want it to happen!
    I can just see us sitting by while other clubs are signing up the better players we could be at least in the running for while ffa reject possibly awesome owners for the sake of a few thousand or so.
    Miller still sitting around not knowing if he will be kept on and if so, what his budget will be.
    so jets

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Just want it to happen!
    Mate, i'm glad you're not involved in the sale. You need to remember what happened the last time they let 'anyone' buy us???

As someone said in the other thread, the last time Mr Lee out money into football he almost demanded to turn it into the Chinese Super League Reserve grade competition.

I don't care how many players we miss out on if at the end of all this we get an owner who builds us into a functioning footballing club who wins trophies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

for some its all about next season. for others its about the long term
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    the last time Mr Lee out money into football he almost demanded to turn it into the Chinese Super League Reserve grade competition.
    Imagine though if we unearth the Asian Kale Bradbury.

Member would be so happy, and that would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Imagine though if we unearth the Asian Kale Bradbury.

Member would be so happy, and that would make me happy.
    I thought we already had the Asian Kale... isn't it called Pak Choi?

I mean that's a terrible joke but I love terrible jokes so please accept some dap.

Well played sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't care how many players we miss out on if at the end of all this we get an owner who builds us into a functioning footballing club who wins trophies.
    Thing is no matter how long we wait the buyer will be tight ass and not buy good players so lets just get someone in and screw us again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Thing is no matter how long we wait the buyer will be tight ass and not buy good players so lets just get someone in and screw us again.
    This is so true.

Running any football club and youth programs for that matter can be a cut-throat business. Tough decisions need to be made all the time and invariably there is going to be a lot of disappointment whether it is a 15 year old being cut from the Jets program or a 25 year old being told he is not longer part of the Jets A League squad.
    How you treat people can make a big difference though; you treat people with decency, honesty and respect.....you will get that respect back in return.
    The club talks of engaging with the local community yet at the same time it has got so many people off-side and basically peeved off because of their treatment of players.
    Just as an example look at the amount of players who have chosen to leave the Youth team in the last 12 months. If this was a positive, nurturing environment that makes the players want to be a part of, would they be leaving?
    You would be hard-pressed to find someone who has spent a few years in the Emerging Jets/Youth program to say it has been a positive and enjoyable experience.
    This is something which needs to be addressed and rectified under the new ownership.

Banned
    Look no further than the peie running it

That to me where the problem lies.

Too many egos and no accountability has manifested it into the problem it is

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Running any football club and youth programs for that matter can be a cut-throat business. Tough decisions need to be made all the time and invariably there is going to be a lot of disappointment whether it is a 15 year old being cut from the Jets program or a 25 year old being told he is not longer part of the Jets A League squad.
    What about a 22yr old whos mum is trying to get him into the jets?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    What about a 22yr old whos mum is trying to get him into the jets?
    hahaha i saw that on facebook as well was like wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight