Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 27 | Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets| Saturday 9/4/16 @515pm

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    where did I mention Brennan? The only thing I've ever said about Brennan is that I don't get why everyone bangs on wanting him in the side?
    Alivodic is woeful. Say thanks and catch ya later. Time to move on
    Because blokes on here want Enver gone but at this stage last year were like 'he's good keep him on'. Now at the moment Brennan is the only option.
    What you're hoping for is that the Jets are gonna def get someone better than Enver yet if history guides us we'll end up with Donny de Groot or Jesper Haakenson v.2.

You also need to realise where we are with Nobby (yeah he's great keep him on etc ect etc) is exactly the same point we were with Enver at this stage last year. I fully expect the Foz to turn on Nobby by the end of next season.

In conclusion, be careful what you wish for, as the grass isn't always greener*

* credit: C.Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

You also need to realise where we are with Nobby (yeah he's great keep him on etc ect etc) is exactly the same point we were with Enver at this stage last year. I fully expect the Foz to turn on Nobby by the end of next season.
    That's my line of thought at the moment too, and why we really need to think hard about Nordstrand.

If we keep him, is the type of center forward we want? Or do we want a hungrier style like Berisha/Maclaren/Fornaroli? If he's not a striker, is he a wide player? Does he play behind the striker? I don't think a visa spot as an impact sub is the best use of that position either.
    It will all come out soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    That's my line of thought at the moment too, and why we really need to think hard about Nordstrand.

If we keep him, is the type of center forward we want? Or do we want a hungrier style like Berisha/Maclaren/Fornaroli? If he's not a striker, is he a wide player? Does he play behind the striker? I don't think a visa spot as an impact sub is the best use of that position either.
    I'd keep them both but they need to make sure they get Leo's replacement right. He's been a big factor to Enver and Nobbys good late season form.

Because blokes on here want Enver gone but at this stage last year were like 'he's good keep him on'. Now at the moment Brennan is the only option.
    What you're hoping for is that the Jets are gonna def get someone better than Enver yet if history guides us we'll end up with Donny de Groot or Jesper Haakenson v.2.

In conclusion, be careful what you wish for, as the grass isn't always greener*

* credit: C.Constantine
    You can stop telling me what I want now.. I said I don't want Enver. Last year I said I didn't want Enver. All I can remember is him scoring a relatively easy chip on an advancing keeper. Then when he resigned everyone banging on like it was a massive coup for the club. I don't care who they sign. I just don't want them to resign him. Plus we let go Trifunovic who was the fastest player in the league and he could have played wide left with his wife playing wide right.

Nobby is clinical in front of goal whereas Enver isn't. Enver could have been our top goal scorer this year.

Nobby also has more versatility being able to lead the line and play out wide.

Credit to Enver where it is due. the bloke continuously gets himself in amazing positions and that's a good quality to have but without the end product its not much help.

Nobby is the only foreigner to stay along with poljak imo.

Kitto won himself a contract on Saturday night and credit to him

Also congratulations to the savagery that was the 100 odd spoons hitting the field.

some scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

You can stop telling me what I want now.

I don't care who they sign. I just don't want them to resign him.
    Man you guys are angry.

I'm not telling you anything you aren't already saying. If you do or don't want Enver that's cool.

What I'm saying is that we probably could do better, but I'm also saying we've done worse.
    If you wanna take that gamble, then great, roll those dice, and good luck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Visa spot for Super Sub???

Tell that to Henrique while he faps off about all those great moments he has scoring in multiple GFs and what not.

Not angry, but pretty sure this is telling me what I'm hoping for. Which is incorrect.

What I'm saying is that we probably could do better, but I'm also saying we've done worse.
    If you wanna take that gamble, then great, roll those dice, and good luck.
    This I agree with. Hence why I'm partly serious when I say we should have kept Trif. Also with Leo provided he wanted to stay. These guys have performed above average when it comes to imports. I'm a realist. I want the next Bruno as much as anyone else. But if we get imports that are the best players in the team then I'll be happy

Plus we let go Trifunovic who was the fastest player in the league and he could have played wide left with his wife playing wide right.
    Perhaps under the new owner the coach's statement of duties should include sleeping with the players' wives so he can assess which will benefit team performance more in that case...

I reckon Nobby's experience is one reason alone to keep him, he seems the kind of player who can help develop the younger ones around him, that to me appears to have been missing before his joining the team, Trif and Carney weren't role models (one because of the language barrier, the other because of personality issues ), and if we can keep Nobby under the cap (preferably Perf's cap because it's larger than most) we can still sign a marquee.
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

nobby>>>>>>>>>>>>> enver, trif and all that