Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Expectation for Season 2016-17

Banned

Top 4 people

Anything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Top 4 people

Anything is possible
    That's Leicester City....where's this Lester you've been banging on about?

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    That's Leicester City....where's this Lester you've been banging on about?
    Pfffft, this guy.

Plastics coming out of the woodwork all over the place.
    Can't even spell Lester properly.
    Prob has no idea what number Jaime Vardy is.

we'll be top 8 ezy

Top 4 people

Anything is possible
    Agree, Leicester have proved that anything is possible.
    I think too much emphasis is placed on "rebuilding" a club and that it takes 2-3 seasons to turn a below average team into a top team.
    You get the right coach and the right mix of 6-7 core players with the perfect blend of youth and experience, with a professional set-up behind the scenes (trainers, physio etc)....so the players and coach just have to worry about football.
    Especially in a 10 team comp like the A League, you can go from bottom 3 to top 3 within a season...which is basically what WSW achieved this season....from 9th to 2nd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I think too much emphasis is placed on "rebuilding" a club and that it takes 2-3 seasons to turn a below average team into a top team.
    You get the right coach and the right mix of 6-7 core players with the perfect blend of youth and experience, with a professional set-up behind the scenes (trainers, physio etc)....so the players and coach just have to worry about football.
    Especially in a 10 team comp like the A League, you can go from bottom 3 to top 3 within a season...which is basically what WSW achieved this season....from 9th to 2nd!!!
    too right. we get it all wrong too often

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Agree, Leicester have proved that anything is possible.
    I think alot of the rebuilding talk is designed to make sure that we are competitive for the next 10 years, not just 1 season in the top 2 followed by 2 spoons and repeat. The team isn't our problem its the backroom staff that needs rebuilding. Get some stability off the field, then let that transfer onto the pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The team isn't our problem its the backroom staff that needs rebuilding. Get some stability off the field, then let that transfer onto the pitch.
    Whilst I agree with the back room staff bit, stopper2's point is pretty much proven right every year by the Wanderers who rissole heaps of blokes yet remain competitive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I think alot of the rebuilding talk is designed to make sure that we are competitive for the next 10 years, not just 1 season in the top 2 followed by 2 spoons and repeat. The team isn't our problem its the backroom staff that needs rebuilding. Get some stability off the field, then let that transfer onto the pitch.
    I think the rebuilding talk is just talk and complete and utter crap from people offering up excuses in advance for failure.

There is **** all reason why we can't have a successful year next season if the Manager signs the right players and then gets his team to perform to an adequate level.

Any thing offered up as to why Millertime can't do this is nothing but a weak excuse.

He has squad places left he has money available.
    Make the signings and then do the work on the training pitch and work harder and better than everyone else.

That he controls.No one else.

Our position on the League table next season will be a reflection of his work in the transfer market and his work on the training pitch and his players ability to perform at the level required.

Nothing else mattters

I think the rebuilding talk is just talk and complete and utter crap from people offering up excuses in advance for failure.

There is **** all reason why we can't have a successful year next season if the Manager signs the right players and then gets his team to perform to an adequate level.

Any thing offered up as to why Millertime can't do this is nothing but a weak excuse.

Make the signings and then do the work on the training pitch and work harder and better than everyone else.

Our position on the League table next season will be a reflection of his work in the transfer market and his work on the training pitch and his players ability to perform at the level required.

Nothing else mattters
    While I agree with this, you need to remember that 9 other clubs are trying to do the exact same thing. There is zero guarantee that the players we sign will be better than all the other players signed around the league, or that Miller's tactics are going to trump the tactics of every other coach.

I believe Miller has the ability to take the Jets into the top 4, but to suggest that he controls our destiny 100% is naive.

My expectation is that we won't be relegated. I hope I am not disappointed

Nothing else mattters
    Although i'm loving your positive posts of late, i feel like you are being very shortsighted.

There is already a gap forming between the top 6 and the rest of us, if you think that's not a problem worthy of attention than you are drinking the Koolaid yourself.

We could definitely finish top 4 next year, but it would be a fluke and i'd much rather focus on fixing up the club so that the top 4 becomes the lowest we set the bar, not something that we dream off.

Don't let this Lester season go to your head, we all love a fairytale but i'd much rather be competing at the top table year in year out then win it once and fall from grace like Blackburn or Nottingham Forrest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Bump..

Priority is to fix the overall professionalism of the club - before we think marquees etc.

* Lets' have the full quota of backroom staff.
    * A more professional training environment - the guys train, lunch together, train again. Not just turn up, train and go to the pub like all age.
    * Better travel arrangements
    * Update the equipment - do we have a fake "wall" for example?
    * Sort out the kit once and for all.
    * The catering....
    * Better quality members kit (though guaranteed will be made in China).
    * Build something from this century for the Squadron to sit in.
    * Invite celebs to sit in the crowd.
    * Sort out security, once and **** for all. Like, ensure tickets are checked.

This stuff (and more) would increase productivity straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Bump..

Priority is to fix the overall professionalism of the club - before we think marquees etc.

* Lets' have the full quota of backroom staff.
    * A more professional training environment - the guys train, lunch together, train again. Not just turn up, train and go to the pub like all age.
    * Better travel arrangements
    * Sort out the kit once and for all.
    * The catering....
    * Better quality members kit (though guaranteed will be made in China).
    * Build something from this century for the Squadron to sit in.
    * Invite celebs to sit in the crowd.
    * Sort out security, once and **** for all. Like, ensure tickets are checked.

This stuff (and more) would increase productivity straight away.
    Tend to agree mate, we need to start building and getting the foundations behind the scenes right first.
    Although, I still think it is important that Lee does make a bit of a statement by getting us a name player, otherwise his prediction of qualifying for the ACL in 3 years will seem a bit shallow at best, BS at worst. Will be an interesting "balancing act" between investing in the right places but also showing supporters that he is serious about making us stronger on the park...where the club as a whole is judged.

I think the remaining signings for this season will be solid, but not household names. Would like the next Berisha, Flores, Finkler, Broich, Fornaroli, even Nobby- solid pros who explode at this level. We may get an OS Socceroo, that would be tops.

I expect there will be no marquee this season, maybe a guest in the new year - next season I would expect more.

I think if there is a marquee itll be a no-name one with a salary that just wont fit in cap, ie 500k+. Someone miller really wants and convinces marty to spend on.

Top 8

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    we'll be top 8 ezy
    Agree with Ram, this still applies

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I believe they just grab some of the youth/fringe players and set them up on the 18.