Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Expectation for Season 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    lol plague - "big picture" is medium to long term goal setting. Not short termism, which is what he is saying.
    I expect us to be aiming for trophies in coming seasons also (as everyone else does), however to expect an almighty turnaround in less than 12 months with so many other clubs ahead of us in organisation and financial outlay is just being fanciful.
    Goals have to be realistic and attainable, expecting shit to become gold overnight just sets you up for disappointment. Even the Mythbusters spent hours upon hours working before proving you can actually polish a turd

The Member is the Elon Musk of the Foz.

Get onboard or get out of his way. He will take us to the promised land.

Y'all quickly forget the big fella was soley responsible for getting rid of Stubbins.

Leicester spent 50 Million in transfer fees between their almost relegation and potential title. http://www.transfermarkt.com/leicest...rs/verein/1003

They spent 25 million the year before.

Member, you need to get this delusional view you have of Leicester out of your head and look at the big picture.

The reason they are doing so well is because they have an owner who has come in and rebuilt the club from top to bottom in order to compete at the highest level. He gives away beer every other week to the supporters and treats his players like they are family, the enjoyment level at that club has been improving ever year since he arrived. They didn't fluke it by just saying it should be so, they had an owner come in and improve the entire club which exactly what every honest Jets supporter wants to happen next year. Finals football for 1 season doesn't appease me in the slightest, getting the basket case club sorted out so that we can build into a club that makes the last 4 of the ACL every year is a worthwhile dream to put forward, and there's no reason why we can't do that given all the salary concessions we could be using and what the league is beginning to offer good players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

polo-large_trans++Ua2thMnvKQadTDM5oFKzfEk9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

That said, i really hope we get a Newcastle Jets Polo team next year.. As well as free beer and donuts on our new overlords birthday..

And top 4 is a pretty good aim. We should have made the 6 this year, we could be better than Victoree and Shitney is we could score another 10-15 goals, so we aren't too far off.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I also just found out the guy who owns 30% of Arsenal football club Alisher Usmanov is worth another $Billion more than Roman Abramovich, Chelsea owner and BFF with Putin... The things you learn when not using the internet for it's actual use.

Yeah but still Lester were 5000/1 to win the title so don't pretend like anyone thought otherwise.

Jets will be 50/1 at best so we are
    Ummmm
    Errrrrrrrr
    Ummmm

A much better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I also just found out the guy who owns 30% of Arsenal football club Alisher Usmanov is worth another $Billion more than Roman Abramovich, Chelsea owner and BFF with Putin... The things you learn when not using the internet for it's actual use.
    and their main guy is Kronkie innit who cares not for winning or the fans or anything really other than money and he's very very very good at it.

Ask St Louis.

The only for sure is that we will lose to Perth in our first game of the Cup at Magic park.
    And the local forum will implode with complaints about the game being played at magic park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Leicester spent 50 Million in transfer fees between their almost relegation and potential title. http://www.transfermarkt.com/leicest...rs/verein/1003

They spent 25 million the year before.

Member, you need to get this delusional view you have of Leicester out of your head and look at the big picture.

The reason they are doing so well is because they have an owner who has come in and rebuilt the club from top to bottom in order to compete at the highest level. He gives away beer every other week to the supporters and treats his players like they are family, the enjoyment level at that club has been improving ever year since he arrived. They didn't fluke it by just saying it should be so, they had an owner come in and improve the entire club which exactly what every honest Jets supporter wants to happen next year. Finals football for 1 season doesn't appease me in the slightest, getting the basket case club sorted out so that we can build into a club that makes the last 4 of the ACL every year is a worthwhile dream to put forward, and there's no reason why we can't do that given all the salary concessions we could be using and what the league is beginning to offer good players.
    So Leister spent 50million in transfer fees??
    I done some research and found it closer to 25 million but let's just go with your 50million as it not bother my argument anyway

Newcastle United spent 80 million this season
    How that working out for them??
    Not so well is it

Maybe Lester's success is down to their players and coaches where as Newcastle's is down to their players and coaches as money seems to have no bearing

Not based in the money they spent.

Now elaborate why we can't achieve some success with competent players and coaching??

Why do we need money to make the top 4??

Never stopped the useless ****s down the F3 from doing it for several years on the trot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah but still Lester were 5000/1 to win the title so don't pretend like anyone thought otherwise.

Jets will be 50/1 at best so we are
    Ummmm
    Errrrrrrrr
    Ummmm

A much better chance.
    Hey I not talking about winning the thing. I talking about making the top 4

That a much more realistic target.
    Our odss to make the top 4 won't be anywhere near 50-1. They won't be anywhere near Lester's odds of 5000-1 the odds for us making top4 will be well undr 10-1 and much closer to 5-1

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Hey I not talking about winning the thing. I talking about making the top 4

That a much more realistic target.
    Our odss to make the top 4 won't be anywhere near 50-1. They won't be anywhere near Lester's odds of 5000-1 the odds for us making top4 will be well undr 10-1 and much closer to 5-1
    Easy there Romeo.
    We are on the same side here.
    Anyone discounting the fact we can't get top 4 is a traitor and should get the next train to Gosford.

As a life long Lester fan I know what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Anyone discounting the fact we can't get top 4 is a traitor and should get the next train to Gosford.
    And anyone who does think we can get into the top 4 is a traitor and should get themselves a bubbler. our job here is done

40+ points. Atleast 1 hattrick scored, 3 wins vs gypos.

A run in the FFA Cup for me is a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Jarhead fmd

I'll be happy with finals football for ****en once

Under our new owner, we will access the FFA's new marquee fund and hook a superstar -probably almost as good as Heskey, even.

Miller will have found his feet and be better able to wield that giant jaw to good effect. Our motivated players, led in example by the Danish bloke with the long name, will finish fifth. But a good fifth: not barely scraping in to the finals, but rather we'll have spent most of the season in the top four.

We'll sell Birraz. Kennedy's flaws will ultimately prove the difference between third and fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Under our new owner, we will access the FFA's new marquee fund and hook a superstar -probably almost as good as Heskey, even.

Miller will have found his feet and be better able to wield that giant jaw to good effect. Our motivated players, led in example by the Danish bloke with the long name, will finish fifth. But a good fifth: not barely scraping in to the finals, but rather we'll have spent most of the season in the top four.

We'll sell Birraz. Kennedy's flaws will ultimately prove the difference between third and fifth.
    Bks only flaw in my eyes is his distribution and his talking with his defenders
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

A run in the FFA Cup for me is a must.
    Perth at Magic Park again?...
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Can't sell someone out of contract.

We'll sell him for free.

It's only a 10 team comp, I think if you can 1)get the right coach on board and 2)get a proper professional set-up which a good owner provides I really can't see why any team cannot aim for a top four finish.
    Melbourne City (Heart) as an example finished last in 2013/14, the City group took over providing the necessary funds to invest in players, set-up and they already jumped to 5th last year and improved to fourth this season.
    Adelaide with the "Spanish revolution" under Gombau and Amor have gone from 6th to 3rd and now 1st in 3 seasons.
    We finished 8th with a squad which was roughly half Stubbins and half Millers. Miller has had a whole season to assess who he needs to keep and who is surplus to requirements. He started the purge a few weeks back with Trifunovic and has continued that with the axing of 6-7 players in the last few days.
    Now if and I know this is a big IF, The Ledman group takes over in the next month or so and provides Miller with the funds to utilise the salary cap to maximum capacity plus 2 Marquees and just as importantly a fully professional set-up up with back-up staff to rival the other bigger clubs. Why would we need another 2 years of "rebuilding" just to be competing for a top four spot?
    Last edited by stopper2; 19-04-2016 at 03:41 PM.