Page 180 of 193 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'm with Plague on this. Why pay through the arse for a player that is maybe 30-40% better than what we have in a position that isn't going to transform how we play the game? Georgevski is good left back but not worth the money it will cost us to sign him.
    I'm not saying it will transform the way we play. I'm saying we need to make 7/8 quality signings and georgevski would be. Start. Making an improvement right throughout the squad. Each year we make one or two "ok" signings whilst every other squad in the league strengthens much further. Then we all sit back and think we will cruise into the finals. This team needs a decent striker, 10, winger, midfielders, fullback and centre back. Also who says we are paying huge amounts for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'm not saying it will transform the way we play. I'm saying we need to make 7/8 quality signings and georgevski would be. Start. Making an improvement right throughout the squad. Each year we make one or two "ok" signings whilst every other squad in the league strengthens much further. Then we all sit back and think we will cruise into the finals. This team needs a decent striker, 10, winger, midfielders, fullback and centre back. Also who says we are paying huge amounts for him?
    Logic.

We are fighting for the spoon and they are fighting for a home finals spot??? We will have to offer Kanta money to sign with us. I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him as we definitely need a LB starter and he is a very good LB, i just worry about the ratio of quality to cost, his quality is fine but i worry that the wages will make us weaker in other areas.

Remember we don't have marquee wages to offer people or any money outside of the salary cap. If that starts to happen than this is a different conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

"Jets close to signing O'Donovan, Georgevski and Khalfallah"

If im another player in the comp, I may well be thinking to myself, hmmm maybe these guys are starting to try and take things seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    "Jets close to signing O'Donovan, Georgevski and Khalfallah"

If im another player in the comp, I may well be thinking to myself, hmmm maybe these guys are starting to try and take things seriously.
    For sure. Something will railroad all this.

Banned
    Logic.

We are fighting for the spoon and they are fighting for a home finals spot??? We will have to offer Kanta money to sign with us. I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him as we definitely need a LB starter and he is a very good LB, i just worry about the ratio of quality to cost, his quality is fine but i worry that the wages will make us weaker in other areas.

Remember we don't have marquee wages to offer people or any money outside of the salary cap. If that starts to happen than this is a different conversation.
    Weaker in other areas??

You did watch us tonight??

We ain't exactly strong.

Sure we probably going to have to pay overs to get blokes in

But we were in this position for the last few years anyway of paying overs.

Until we at the top and an in demand club we ain't getting the best players coming without over paying for it

Just saw a comment on a story about O'Donavon that the Gypos are in talks with BK.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Just saw a comment on a story about O'Donavon that the Gypos are in talks with BK.
    Which one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Which one?
    Does it ****ing matter??

If they sign them that means we can't be stupid enough to sign them

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Does it ****ing matter??

If they sign them that means we can't be stupid enough to sign them
    Fair point
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Which one?
    You would have to think that they're interested in BK the GK given the departure of Izzo and the old age shittiness of Necevski.

You would have to think that they're interested in BK the GK given the departure of Izzo and the old age shittiness of Necevski.
    It was a comment from a CC supporter, apparently saying it's straight from BK's manager.
    Given that it's on FB and 3 degrees of separation it's probably worth as much as a donkey saying he can tap dance

Just thought it was interesting

It was a comment from a CC supporter, apparently saying it's straight from BK's manager.
    Given that it's on FB and 3 degrees of separation it's probably worth as much as a donkey saying he can tap dance

Just thought it was interesting
    It was in a worldgame article and BK's manager was commenting on a possible move to the mariners

I'm not sure what's worse... Scum wanting our rejects or us poaching scum starters... pretty sure this is a sign of the apocalypse.

I'm waiting for the merger myself

Banned
    And we have Gypo CEO and Griff and Hutcho to facilitate it

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And we have Gypo CEO and Griff and Hutcho to facilitate it
    And the Hunter Mariners were ****ing hopeless so that would fit in.......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    We won the grand final when the league didn't allow teams to have seven or eight players outside the salary cap.
    Under the current system the Jets simply do not have the coin to be competitive.
    ?
    Don't have the coin? Don't have the coin? Really? Isn't Mr LED a billionaire? There are marquee positions available outside the salary cap plus other concessions that the club has NEVER used. There is no excuse for the club not to massively overhaul the roster.

I'm with Plague on this. Why pay through the arse for a player that is maybe 30-40% better than what we have in a position that isn't going to transform how we play the game? Georgevski is good left back but not worth the money it will cost us to sign him.
    I concur. Vujica is on par with Georgevski in my assessment - why would they pay more for positions that will rarely turn the outcome of a game unless they completely screw up. Like Mullen. Or Boogaard. Or Kanta. Or BK. Has a left back ever cost us or won us a game?

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    I concur. Vujica is on par with Georgevski in my assessment - why would they pay more for positions that will rarely turn the outcome of a game unless they completely screw up. Like Mullen. Or Boogaard. Or Kanta. Or BK. Has a left back ever cost us or won us a game?
    Byun won us a game Rd 1 maybe Season 7 or 8 against Heart. Last minute too. Cracking strike outside the box.

Oh and Ki-Je salvaged a point against WSW with a penalty at home

Byun won us a game Rd 1 maybe Season 7 or 8 against Heart. Last minute too. Cracking strike outside the box.

Oh and Ki-Je salvaged a point against WSW with a penalty at home
    what an unprofessional organisation we have. We now have Mckinna using herald articles to urge fans to keep the faith by saying we are recruiting and owner wants a marquee.!!

seriously does he not know better than that we have all seen articles like this so many times before. Also you gotta love "ask the 2 newcastle old boys their thoughts on Jones the coach". of course they will back their mate.

if they were professional they would keep quiet and be working hard behind the scenes to bring results. announcements is what people resonate with not fluff in the papers.

Sorry McKinna, not a very astute businessman