14. Mitch Cooper - 16/17
    16. Steven Ugarković - 16/17
    17. Radan Pavicevic - 16/17
    19. Morten Nordstrand - Yet to be resigned
    20. Ben Kennedy - 16/17
    22. Lachlan Jackson - 16/17
    24. Nick Cowburn - 17/18
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I'd be happy if we could offload Cooper, Pavicevic, Brennan

I like no# 11 'Under Contract'.

Is he a visa player?

You can update it now to say Morten has signed...

Also i would love to see us make a play for Castelen from Wanderers.
    I know its a risk with his injuries but he is just such an exciting player and he is off contract. Him and Morten running at defenders and hopefully a new striker who can score a goal, we would finally be exciting to watch!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Didn't Miller say earlier this year that the club plans to have less players coming off contract each year. That they would look at staggering contracts so they could focus on retaining the 3/4 coming off contract each year? By looking at that including Nordstrand there's 10 coming off contract at the end of 16/17 season... #Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Didn't Miller say earlier this year that the club plans to have less players coming off contract each year. That they would look at staggering contracts so they could focus on retaining the 3/4 coming off contract each year? By looking at that including Nordstrand there's 10 coming off contract at the end of 16/17 season... #Jets
    There's nothing stopping the Club re-signing any of those 10 from now and until there contracts run out.
    One step at a time, get this season coming squad finalized first and then look at 17-18 retention.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    There's nothing stopping the Club re-signing any of those 10 from now and until there contracts run out.
    One step at a time, get this season coming squad finalized first and then look at 17-18 retention.
    Miller has also said he didn't like re-signing players to contracts longer than he'd be at the club to leave a bad legacy for the manager who would replace him.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    I'd be happy if we could offload Cooper, Pavicevic, Brennan
    To be fair, Brennan had some injury issue/s before the season which carried into the first half of the season and when he came back it was only 3 appearances off the bench in the last 3 games. Deserves a chance to see out his 2nd year on his contract in my opinion, wouldn't be taking up too much space in the cap either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    In practice you stagger it so you are only having 6 off contract a year you are giving blokes 4 year deals

Madness

Better off sticking to 1-2 year deals and having a dozen off contract each year.

Just be proactive and sign the blokes you need ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    In practice you stagger it so you are only having 6 off contract a year you are giving blokes 4 year deals

Madness

Better off sticking to 1-2 year deals and having a dozen off contract each year.

Just be proactive and sign the blokes you need ASAP
    Not saying what is and isn't right. Just stating what Miller said.

When a new owner is imminent it would not be wise to sign a Visa player for longer than 12 months.

Big plus about this signing is that Miller now has a striker signed and sealed early that we can build our recruitment around. Don't have to be waiting until 2 weeks before the comp starts for the central striker to arrive and hoping that the combination also works

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    When a new owner is imminent it would not be wise to sign a Visa player for longer than 12 months.

Big plus about this signing is that Miller now has a striker signed and sealed early that we can build our recruitment around. Don't have to be waiting until 2 weeks before the comp starts for the central striker to arrive and hoping that the combination also works
    Another ST and 2 wide players and we are just about set, could get by with Cowbie at LB again.

get berish. pay the sqillion. wont regret it

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Another ST and 2 wide players and we are just about set, could get by with Cowbie at LB again.
    We were hamstrung by this and had limited ability to attack down the left hand side through the fullback. Great player with a future at the club, but we need to do better than simply "get by" next year.

I'd go after Ben Garrucio. He's behind Zullo and is good enough for a first team spot. Do to him as we did to Neville a few seasons ago and offer him a first choice position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We were hamstrung by this and had limited ability to attack down the left hand side through the fullback. Great player with a future at the club, but we need to do better than simply "get by" next year.

I'd go after Ben Garrucio. He's behind Zullo and is good enough for a first team spot. Do to him as we did to Neville a few seasons ago and offer him a first choice position.
    Dylan murnane from victory worth a shout too imo

give archie thompson a happy meal wage to keep playing.
    i still think he deserves another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

actually I think you may find its the other way round these days. admittingly zullo's out for the year but garrucio took the spot off him a while back

I would take garrucio in a heart beat.

upon a new owner I would be throwing marquee wages at jimmy Holland, he would carve it up in a middle 3 with poljak & Ugar. they are in the bottom 3 in bundesliga number 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

is there a list of a league players coming off contract somewhere

Banned
    Connor Pain from Tards

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Connor Pain from Tards
    That guy is terrible! GVE dream, just a good athlete, terrible touch though!