Page 12 of 193 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Is Poljak an Australian citizen yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    With the 4 squad places left, I would like to see us sign a starting foreign CAM, LAM and RAM. Of these 3 one needs to also be able to play striker.

Last squad spot needs to be versatile and cheap. A back up RB who can also play either DM or CB. Basically clone Nick Cowburn.
    So who will be the LB?

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    So who will be the LB?
    I am happy with Cowburn at LB with Jackson as his backup. Give Nick another season to develop in the role.

If we use more of the salary cap or marquees then use a squad place on a LB but for our budget Nick does a great job.

Currently we have no RB cover for the Hoff. Daniel Alessi from the Wanderers would be a great pick up if he wanted more opportunities

I am happy with Cowburn at LB with Jackson as his backup. Give Nick another season to develop in the role.

If we use more of the salary cap or marquees then use a squad place on a LB but for our budget Nick does a great job.

Currently we have no RB cover for the Hoff. Daniel Alessi from the Wanderers would be a great pick up if he wanted more opportunities
    I would like to see us go for murnane at leftback

With the 4 squad places left, I would like to see us sign a starting foreign CAM, LAM and RAM. Of these 3 one needs to also be able to play striker.

Last squad spot needs to be versatile and cheap. A back up RB who can also play either DM or CB. Basically clone Nick Cowburn.
    Thanks for the nod, I'd be happy to step up but I don't think the Jets need another bench warmer.

Lustica is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Lustica is overrated.
    Agreed, seems a very average player to me
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That's a pretty negative attitude

In 1 hours time I be watching Lester City play to win the EPL

Yeah that right Lester playing to win the EPL

And your telling me I should be happy with us being second best to clubs who spend more than us so go tell that to Lester whilst they find somewhere to be sticking that trophy they are getting soon

Anda you also want to sabotage my lofty expectation/dream of making the ****ing Top 4 by signing a pile NYL players instead of capable players who will get us somewhere??

FMD

Dream big Buddy

If I wanted to support mediocrity and under achievement forever I would ditch supporting the Jets and go support Liverpool.
    That's their attitude but not mine

Dream big or GTFO
    6 6 6

No natural LB?

EDIT : Didn't read earlier replies. My bad
    Last edited by WolfMan; 02-05-2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Miles off the pace. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Lustica is overrated.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Is Poljak an Australian citizen yet?
    No, have seen this question asked a few times now on the Foz. Can't really see why it is such an issue TBH.

^^^^
    Agree with the sentiments on Lustica. Fair enough we signed a young, fringe player in Clut who I would say came fairly cheap. Lustica on the other hand is 25 and basically still a fringe player for Roar. Looking at the midfielders we have in the current squad, i would be hoping once the ownership is sorted we will be able to be in a position to be chasing players a bit higher in calibre than Lustica.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    No, have seen this question asked a few times now on the Foz. Can't really see why it is such an issue TBH.
    It's not an issue but if there is the chance to free up a foreigners spot then it must be something that should be looked into.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's not an issue but if there is the chance to free up a foreigners spot then it must be something that should be looked into.
    Yeah free up a foreigners spot; if we can bring in a quality player who can make a difference....which in the Jets case is usually not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    ^^^^
    Agree with the sentiments on Lustica. Fair enough we signed a young, fringe player in Clut who I would say came fairly cheap. Lustica on the other hand is 25 and basically still a fringe player for Roar. Looking at the midfielders we have in the current squad, i would be hoping once the ownership is sorted we will be able to be in a position to be chasing players a bit higher in calibre than Lustica.
    I wouldn't pick Lustica ahead of Poljak, Ugar or Kanta. Waste of money imo.

Lustica is a quality player. Being stuck behind Carona is nothing to be scoffed at. And imo would be an upgrade on Poljak. But for me its a no as we already have enough quality under contract in this position.

BUT....now I am hearing mail we have signed Lustica. Anyone else hearing this?

Lustica is a quality player. Being stuck behind Carona is nothing to be scoffed at. And imo would be an upgrade on Poljak. But for me its a no as we already have enough quality under contract in this position.

A kid with a shit load of ability but lacking the drive or nous to take himself to the next level. Better equipped clubs than the Jets have failed to get this bloke to the next level - not worth the risk as far as I'm concerned.

Banned

So if as you say he is an upgrade on Poljak then why you saying we have enough quality in this position??

Seems quite an oxymoron when you say he better than the incumbent but we have better reserves than the incumbent

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So if as you say he is an upgrade on Poljak then why you saying we have enough quality in this position??

Seems quite an oxymoron when you say he better than the incumbent but we have better reserves than the incumbent
    Not at all.

I am saying imo Lustica is an upgrade on Poljak.....but I wouldn't sign him because I don't beleive we need both players. If Poljak was off contract I would think otherwise

Yeah I read that too.