Page 112 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Good for him. Hopefully his retirement goes well.
    Pretty harsh. I'm all for not re signing him however at 24 I do hope he gets another gig elsewhere. Probably no starting in the A league. For a young person to have such crippling injuries is a massive test of mental strength. Something a lot of arm chair experts will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Pretty harsh. I'm all for not re signing him however at 24 I do hope he gets another gig elsewhere. Probably no starting in the A league. For a young person to have such crippling injuries is a massive test of mental strength. Something a lot of arm chair experts will never understand.
    For his sake, I hope he does retire. If he continues to **** his knee he wont live a fulfilling life after football.

Not being harsh, being realistic.

For his sake, I hope he does retire. If he continues to **** his knee he wont live a fulfilling life after football.

Maybe football, whether playing injured or not, is fulfilling to him? I know many people including myself who continue to play with ongoing injuries. This is a choice that we manage. The positives far outweigh the negatives of sitting wondering "what if"

Maybe football, whether playing injured or not, is fulfilling to him? I know many people including myself who continue to play with ongoing injuries. This is a choice that we manage. The positives far outweigh the negatives of sitting wondering "what if"
    Sure, personal opinion.

I would much rather be able to walk/run with my children when I retire. That option is probably getting slim for Kanta with the severity of his knee reconstructions..

He gets paid great coin and would have better medical cover than you and i could ever have. I think he would be stupid not convince some chump of a club to resign him... which will definitely be us. I would put good money on us resigning him at season's end. Facebook fans will be overjoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I'd like to see Cowburn replace Kanta in that utility role. You need someone to be fully fit most of the time in order to cover different positions during injury time.

I'd like to see Cowburn replace Kanta in that utility role. You need someone to be fully fit most of the time in order to cover different positions during injury time.
    Totally agree. Four knee ops in 6 years on the same year and he's only 24, similar to Jobe in that he has probably never played a full season in his entire career due to injuries. Cowburn would be cheaper to keep and plus you are getting more bang for your buck with a more resilient player not someone who invariably gets injured every season.
    If Kanta is re-signed it would basically indicate that this club is not serious about being a real contender and is content to just battle away in the hope of sneaking into 6th spot.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Wasn't there a suggestion that he has some deal to return to Adelaide? not sure how or if that could work
    Im pretty sure Jones has some sort of Gentlemans agreement with adelaide, that JK will return there next season and that we wont make him an offer.

Also I was at training this morning, and Im pretty sure Thomas Kristensen from brisbane roar was there, he just sat and watched from the pavilion, then I saw him leave with Morten. Not sure what to make of that, I think maybe he was just visiting Morten?

There was also some other Tall young lad training that I do not know

Also surely the club would look at making someone like Curtis Good a priority, he needs First team football, we can give that to him.

Vujica, Good, Boogs, Cowburn

Not a bad back 4

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    Im pretty sure Jones has some sort of Gentlemans agreement with adelaide, that JK will return there next season and that we wont make him an offer.

Also I was at training this morning, and Im pretty sure Thomas Kristensen from brisbane roar was there, he just sat and watched from the pavilion, then I saw him leave with Morten. Not sure what to make of that, I think maybe he was just visiting Morten?

There was also some other Tall young lad training that I do not know
    Was just on NBN, I believe his name Is Harrison Sawyer from Roar youth. No mention of why he was training with the team. Will just say if this is the calibre of player (a youth player) we are looking at in the Jan transfer window then this club is finished for me!

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

And with consecutive home games against Adelaide and Wellington Phoenix (Boxing Day), the Jets are well positioned to begin the new year in the top six.
    From one of the herald stories above.... two things:

1. We will lose miserably to both.
    2. Even if we win, we don't deserve to be in semi final positions after our season so far. Top 6 in a 10 team comp is a joke!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Good on the club to bring them all down instead of sending a player or two to the school! Best of luck to Saxon - my bet is he'll always remembers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    From one of the herald stories above.... two things:

1. We will lose miserably to both.
    2. Even if we win, we don't deserve to be in semi final positions after our season so far. Top 6 in a 10 team comp is a joke!
    The bigger joke is not making the top 6 in what 7 years now

That an achievement

Also surely the club would look at making someone like Curtis Good a priority, he needs First team football, we can give that to him.

Not a bad back 4
    We should, but won't.

Hoole discussing how wasteful we were on the weekend - was Jones taking the mick getting Hooley to answer this one?

http://www.nbnnews.com.au/2016/12/14/reds-pose-danger/
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Not a bad back 4
    Hasn't he played like two games in 5 years due to injuries? We'd be better with Spira.

Thinking last night, why doesn't the club terminate Kennedys squad spot to free up a place for Čović or a #1 keeper to dethrone Duncan. Makes perfect sense.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Thinking last night, why doesn't the club terminate Kennedys squad spot to free up a place for Čović or a #1 keeper to dethrone Duncan. Makes perfect sense.
    Makes sense to me. Duncan needs another keeper to put pressure on him. He is getting too comfortable and that sure affects concentration......maybe not Covic...
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Let's not crucify the kid. Yeh he ****ed up but he sure as shit has saved our ass from getting flogged in recent weeks