Page 5 of 193 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    all we need next is the Kiwi Pest McGlinchey.....
    If he was available, why not?
    I would draw the line with Hutcho being involved at the Jets but really couldn't care anymore if they are an ex-Gypo, if they can contribute on the field where it matters and help us move out of that bottom four than sign 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    For those who missed it....

A-League: Recruitment the key to Jets rising to next level
    JAMES GARDINER

SCOTT Miller knows that the best coaches are also the best recruiters.

Therein lies the challenge as Miller attempts to build a roster capable of taking the Jets to the next level.

The Jets completed their maiden season under the former Fullham assistant with a 4-2 win over arch rivals Central Coast Mariners in Gosford on Saturday night.

The win moved the Jets to 30 points – 13 more than last season – and confirmed eighth place. Though a vast improvement on 2014-15, the Jets finished 11 points adrift of sixth-placed Victory.

Now comes decision time.

The Jets have improved their defence, leaking 41 goals compared to 55. However, their 28 goals for is the lowest in the league.

They have 10 players off contract, headed by keeper Mark Birighitti and imports Nordstrand, Leonardo and Enver Alivodic.

“Player recruitment will determine our success next year,” Miller said. ”It is no secret where our deficiencies lie. A number of factors contributed to that in terms of of how I structured the recruitment from the defensive phase to the attacking side. Financially it didn’t leave much in the attacking third to have an impact. Those discussions will take place with players in the next fortnight. It’s not all negative. The decisions will not be emotional, they will be based on bench-marking every performance. That is how you make good business decisions in football.”

Football Federation Australia are close to finalising the sale of the club to Chinese lighting magnate Martin Lee. The Herald understands that former Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna has been earmarked for a senior administration position in the new set-up. An American consortium headed by Jeff Von Schmauder also remain interested. FFA briefed Jets coaching and office staff last Thursday.

Miller has another year to run on his contract, but is yet to meet with Lee.

“The outcome of starting next season with a new owner is very exciting for everyone involved,” Miller said.

“It has been a difficult season, I won’t lie. It has been challenging for me in my first role, but it’s one I’ve enjoyed. I am highly frustrated with the outcome, finishing eighth with 30 points. I wouldn’t be too greedy in suggesting we could have another six or nine points with clinical finishing. I must say the playing group has been outstanding. I have been highly critical of them and very demanding of them, but I can’t fault them. Also the support from the coaching staff, especially assistant Jean-Paul de Marigny, has been outstanding.”
    Which doesn't necessarily mean CEO position. I would hope that means as High Performance or Director of Football.
    I think the CEO position needs to be filled by someone with relevant experience. McKinna has zero grounding in football club administration.
    Go get Liolio or bring back Murphy. Shame Johnny T wouldn't be interested in leaving the Wanderers, although he might end up as HAL CEO.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

If he can get us running as well as the mariners did on a shit budget and get us to be as competitive as the mariners were in the first 8? or so seasons then i would gladly have him at our club. Wasnt lawrie the guy who also discovered tommy rogic and matty ryan or was the arnold?
    Last edited by StannyCFCJET; 20-04-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I'll play devil's advocate for a sec.

Those Liverpool fans on here may take stock and think back to Martin Broughton, a proclaimed Chelsea fan who was charged by Royal Bank of Scotland and agreed by Hicks and Gillette to assist in selling the club.

Many Liverpool fans were skeptical of his appointment because at the time Chelsea and Liverpool had a very bitter rivalry. They thought this was a chance for someone to bring the club down. Instead, Broughton pulled the wool over the eyes of Hicks and Gillette and left them with nothing. He will always be fondly remembered by Liverpool fans after this. His chosen team was then a negligible point.

What I am saying is that despite his previous allegiances, McKinna still has professional integrity. To go about screwing the club over would reflect badly on him as well and could damage future positions in and out of the game.

A successful club financially helps all those involved.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 20-04-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Not saying in any way he would even contemplate screwing over the club.
    Am just wary of appointing someone with little or no club administration experience to a position that will be crucial in reviving our fortunes for the coming months & years.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Not saying in any way he would even contemplate screwing over the club.
    Am just wary of appointing someone with little or no club administration experience to a position that will be crucial in reviving our fortunes for the coming months & years.
    Didn't mean to quote you...my bad.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

haha remember that bloke that did the number on tinks? old kenny edwards? get him back on board

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'll play devil's advocate for a sec.

Those Liverpool fans on here may take stock and think back to Martin Broughton, a proclaimed Chelsea fan who was charged by Royal Bank of Scotland and agreed by Hicks and Gillette to assist in selling the club.

Many Liverpool fans were skeptical of his appointment because at the time Chelsea and Liverpool had a very bitter rivalry. They thought this was a chance for someone to bring the club down. Instead, Broughton pulled the wool over the eyes of Hicks and Gillette and left them with nothing. He will always be fondly remembered by Liverpool fans after this. His chosen team was then a negligible point.

What I am saying is that despite his previous allegiances, McKinna still has professional integrity. To go about screwing the club over would reflect badly on him as well and could damage future positions in and out of the game.

A successful club financially helps all those involved.
    No different than a player or coach changing clubs

Next year when Mourinhio takes charge at Man Utd I am pretty certain he will be entirely focused in winning the game against Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Which doesn't necessarily mean CEO position. I would hope that means as High Performance or Director of Football.
    I think the CEO position needs to be filled by someone with relevant experience. McKinna has zero grounding in football club administration.
    Go get Liolio or bring back Murphy. Shame Johnny T wouldn't be interested in leaving the Wanderers, although he might end up as HAL CEO.
    According to James Gardiner and Ray Gatt (on twitter) the other week he could be either CEO or Technical Director.
    Is he still Lord Mayor of Gosford? Surely he wouldn't be able to do both roles, we need a CEO or Technical Director who is 100% committed to the role and to the Newcastle Jets, not as a "job on the side" FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    According to James Gardiner and Ray Gatt (on twitter) the other week he could be either CEO or Technical Director.
    Is he still Lord Mayor of Gosford? Surely he wouldn't be able to do both roles, we need a CEO or Technical Director who is 100% committed to the role and to the Newcastle Jets, not as a "job on the side" FFS!
    I believe he's no longer the mayor

Because Wilkinson is garbage and McKinna only ever dealt with poor people who have no voice in this world.

Bloke wouldn't last 5 minutes up here with millionaires like Hawk asking the big questions.

Anyone with any scent of gypo in their history should be blackballed from this club immediately and until we start standing up for these things we'll forever be asking for games on 'family day' and selling mid strength beer.

Would rather the club fold and remember the good times when not being a broke ass povo gypo scumbag meant something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Perth just signed Rhys Williams for a year

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...51d89b00c3ecc9

We need to go pinch Vadocz, he's been super solid in midfield for them this last half of the season. Probably better than Poljak, who i rate higher than most on this forum do. Musn't be on huge coin if they can afford all these players.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I believe he's no longer the mayor
    Their council website still lists him as mayor http://www.gosford.nsw.gov.au/about-...or-information - unless he is stepping down?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Their council website still lists him as mayor http://www.gosford.nsw.gov.au/about-...or-information - unless he is stepping down?
    AH cool. Thanks. I thought I'd heard it but I am wrong.

this is gypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    We need to go pinch Vadocz, he's been super solid in midfield for them this last half of the season. Probably better than Poljak, who i rate higher than most on this forum do. Musn't be on huge coin if they can afford all these players.
    Just the other week the Fox team were highlighting how much Vadocz has been the unsung hero for Perth since he came here in January.
    His presence in midfield has allowed Castro more freedom which resulted in that golden run they had when Keogh was scoring for fun and Castro and Harold were also chipping in. Certainly worth enquiring about.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Still the Mayor, however they are in the process of merging with the other Gypo council (the one with all the caravan parks). Lawrie might be thinking the writing is on the wall and it's a good time to leave stinktown???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Still the Mayor, however they are in the process of merging with the other Gypo council (the one with all the caravan parks). Lawrie might be thinking the writing is on the wall and it's a good time to leave stinktown???
    Sounds like the Gypo Kingdom is coming together

Why would he leave the throne of ruling caravan parks??

Central Coast building magnate welcomes Gosford Wyong merger, "It's good for business, I can transform this town"
    https://vimeo.com/157809839
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    this is gypocrisy
    Me agree.