Page 83 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Benfica sir ^^... Benfica....
    they all look the same to me
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The Chinese player hasn't managed to crack it in the 2nd tier of Chinese football. His presence at the Jets sends a message to the Chinese that the A-league is weak and anyone playing 3rd tier or so in China will be more than good enough to make it in the A-league. The only reason he played 2nd tier in Portugal was because he was dropped into a team by Martin Lee. He wasn't there on merit, he was there because Martin Lee forced him into the team. No surprise that his old team aren't crying foul that he's left.
    I hope he transforms under Aussie conditions and proves the doubters wrong but I wouldn't be holding my breath.

jeez, Pauline Hanson says the exact same thing 20 years back and gets put in jail.

my oh my how times have changed.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

how long till Ma actually arrives to join the team? we can't even assess how he looks on a training pitch at the moment, he didn't exactly feature prominently in any of the snippets from the tour, has he even got a highlights package???

it's gonna be interesting to see what he brings, as far as I can tell from Transfermarkt he hasn't even played in Portugal http://www.transfermarkt.com/leilei-...spieler/187992, he signed 1 July 2016 from a Chinese team where he appears to have not been playing much football, whether through injury or not being picked can't tell, but there's not a lot to get excited about at present, may need a minor miracle from him to show up all the sceptics and actually show he isn't just some gimmick from the boss...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Not only 1 chinese player, but one unknown,unproven,nobody Chinese player........If we signed the Chinese Cahill maybe yes I can see the benefits but Ma Lei Lei ???!!!! hope he proves us wrong but....
    This is exactly the point a lot of people seem to be missing. I don't care if Lee wants a Chinese players in the squad for financial/business purposes. But the guy sounds like an utter nobody, and has come into a team full of utter nobodies who will be lucky to make the top half of the table. Why on earth would the Chinese public care? Why watch games when he's not even likely to get on the pitch? Considering some of the players that are trotting around in the CSL at the moment, what appeal does the A-league have?

How many Aussies have tuned in to the CSL over the last decade to watch Cahill, Griffiths (all 4 of them), McBreen, Santalab, Vidosic, Ibini, Paartalu, McKay, Milligan, Sterjovski, Djite, Troisi, Leijer, Thwaite, Sainsbury, Spiranovic.....? Some of these players were/are good enough for our national side, and appear miles ahead of our Chinese guy, yet did they attract any widespread interest from here? I'm guessing no. I've certainly never seen one single person wearing a CSL shirt with an Aussie name on the back (or even just a CSL shirt) I know our population is miniscule compared to the Chinese, but the point remains.

Lee can do what he wants, but this move still baffles the hell out of me. Worse still, unless I'm mistaken, Jones hasn't even seen him play, so let's hope it doesn't blow up once Jones inevitably resigns him to the bench, or leaves him out of the matchday squad altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I mean you asked a question about the Jets then you typed this sentence like you forgot for a second it was the Jets.
    fair point

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    how long till Ma actually arrives to join the team? we can't even assess how he looks on a training pitch at the moment, he didn't exactly feature prominently in any of the snippets from the tour, has he even got a highlights package???
    I'd take Mitchell's assessment as pretty damning whether we have seen him or not.

So how is everyone doing chasing those refunds on their Jets memberships ?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    whoa hold the phone there simon. 1 Chinese player isnt the big picture.

I can just grasp this terribly difficult concept but I cannot accept being held over a barrel again like we did with the fat fk in the unlikely event of getting a better financial model. There is no a guarantee of any success or financial well being. 1st we lost a pretty good coach and now our playing roster is being forced. What next?

Imo We will survive with or without chinese overlord. I find it difficult that supporters will tolerate this.
    Speaking of the fat fk, yeah he went all out throwing $700k/season on Heskey, yeah the crowds and memberships spiked the first season but in the end what did we gain from it .....8th and 7th positions. I know it's kind off a little off topic but it's showing the other side of the coin; Heskey cost a lot of money for really no gain in the end....but no one is complaining, now we have a Chinese no-name who will probably be taking up bugger all of the salary cap but every is up in arms..."how dare Martin Lee do this" blah blah blah....if he contributes on the field=great, that's a bonus. If he doesn't, who cares, move on as probably 80% of our visa players are failures anyway.
    Storm in a tea-cup.
    The only problem I can envisage is If and I mean IF Martin Lee were to try to influence the coaching staffs decisions i.e pushing for Lei Lei to play if the coaching staff feel he is not worthy of playing....but hey lets worry about that IF it eventuates, no use beating ourselves up about it.
    Peace brothers

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Speaking of the fat fk, yeah he went all out throwing $700k/season on Heskey, yeah the crowds and memberships spiked the first season but in the end what did we gain from it .....8th and 7th positions. I know it's kind off a little off topic but it's showing the other side of the coin; Heskey cost a lot of money for really no gain in the end....but no one is complaining, now we have a Chinese no-name who will probably be taking up bugger all of the salary cap but every is up in arms..."how dare Martin Lee do this" blah blah blah....if he contributes on the field=great, that's a bonus. If he doesn't, who cares, move on as probably 80% of our visa players are failures anyway.
    Storm in a tea-cup.
    The only problem I can envisage is If and I mean IF Martin Lee were to try to influence the coaching staffs decisions i.e pushing for Lei Lei to play if the coaching staff feel he is not worthy of playing....but hey lets worry about that IF it eventuates, no use beating ourselves up about it.
    Peace brothers
    But that's exactly what he did in Portugal. He wanted teams to guarantee in writing - starting positions to Chinese players regardless of their ability.
    Heskey was great for the Jets. He did here what he does everywhere he brings out the best in the team mates around him. Let's see how well Taggart does at Perth without Heskey's support.
    Our new Chinese signing has absolutely no legitimate footballing pedigree. He's not even a bloke who used to be good but had a few bad years and is rebuilding. No, this blokes totally ****ing useless and would struggle to make the bench at Edgeworth.
    A visa spot is for a player who has skill and ability not available within local talent pools - otherwise it is a waste of money.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 30-09-2016 at 02:58 PM.

But that's exactly what he did in Portugal. He wanted teams to guarantee in writing - starting positions to Chinese players regardless of their ability.
    Heskey was great for the Jets. He did here what he does everywhere he brings out the best in the team mates around him. Let's see how well Taggart does at Perth without Heskey's support.
    Our new Chinese signing has absolutely no legitimate footballing pedigree. He's not even a bloke who used to be good but had a few bad years and is rebuilding. No, this blokes totally ****ing useless and would struggle to make the bench at Edgeworth.
    Taggart for golden boot confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Taggart for golden boot confirmed.
    Very possible now that I've put the kiss of death on myself.

A visa spot is for a player who has skill and ability not available within local talent pools - otherwise it is a waste of money.
    That's rubbish Dunster as Taggart scored many If not the majority of his goals (would be good if someone could verify this) when Heskey was out injured for much of the season!
    Heskey was a waste of money and anyone who denies this is plainly delusional or just a fan boi.

That's rubbish Dunster as Taggart scored many If not the majority of his goals (would be good if someone could verify this) when Heskey was out injured for much of the season!
    Heskey was a waste of money and anyone who denies this is plainly delusional or just a fan boi.
    Heskey would have done a lot for Taggart off the pitch as well.

And what's this fan boi shit - are you ten years old ?

Besides, I'm an Adelaide supporter.

Peace brothers

When the new owner came in there was alway going to be plenty of hypothesising and strong views in every direction.

I dont mind seeing all this off season shenens but im ready for the season to start to see where we really are at.

Hello

They played together 32 times. They started 16 matches together. They scored 11 goals in those 16 matches.

I've not got the time to go through and determine whether they scoed when the other was on the ptich etc.

Also, 9 of those goals came in the last 9 matches of the 2nd season Heskey was here, funnily enough under Clayton Zane. It leads me to think Zane found a way to play the two of them together effectively.

Oh, and 8 of Taggart's 18 goals were scored when Heskey wasn't on the pitch - and I went through and worked out the subs with that.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 30-09-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So how is everyone doing chasing those refunds on their Jets memberships ?
    Didn't renew. Might get a 3 game membership

So assuming he's close to minimum wage the $64,000 question is can Lei Lei play play?

I'm more concerned about Kokko and his boo boo from training when the gaffer said no no.

I'll get my hat.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    So assuming he's close to minimum wage the $64,000 question is can Lei Lei play play?

I'm more concerned about Kokko and his boo boo from training when the gaffer said no no.

I'll get my hat.
    Bye bye
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I agree mate, Heskey looked most effective playing deeper in behind Taggz when Zane took over
    You have come up with some interesting stats but to break it down if Taggz scored 8 goals from 18 games without Heskey, that's a strike-rate of 0.44,
    with Heskey he scored 10 goals from 26 games....which gives a strike-rate of 0.38. Pretty sure that would indicate that he had a slighltly better strike-rate without "Heskey's support"....as Dunster would put it.
    Fact is, Taggz had a great breakout season that year, winning the golden boot in a team that came 7th, in my opinion Heskey's influence was minimal in this feat.

Thing with Taggz is he could just be a one season wonder. Did nothing before or since. Will be very interesting to see how he goes this season.
    I said at the time another season here would be of benefit but like Beard had a manager promosing riches.