Page 120 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    So, Kokko is unlikely to play this weekend because he is missing match sharpress because of his injury.

His injury was to his jaw - and I believe he was still training. He could still partake in drills surely. Does anyone else find this weird.
    Kokko is more of a "target man" type of player. Watching Jones' approach this season suggests to me that he might not want that kind of player and is probably why, even when he was fit, Kokko seemed on the outer. Also, changing a winning team can impact on confidence.
    Pray Hoole gets his yellow and we start Nobby and Kokko together soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Kokko is more of a "target man" type of player. Watching Jones' approach this season suggests to me that he might not want that kind of player and is probably why, even when he was fit, Kokko seemed on the outer. Also, changing a winning team can impact on confidence.
    Pray Hoole gets his yellow and we start Nobby and Kokko together soon.
    In round 1, his absence was noted after we dominated the opening 20 minutes. Since then, his introduction late in matches, and hold up play offers us somthing different.

I get the sense, as you do, that he isn't what Jones wants. However, I would love to see him get an extended run because I really think we have a player here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

In round 1, his absence was noted after we dominated the opening 20 minutes. Since then, his introduction late in matches, and hold up play offers us somthing different.

I get the sense, as you do, that he isn't what Jones wants. However, I would love to see him get an extended run because I really think we have a player here.
    Agreed. Would love to see him feed off Nobby and Nabbout. Throw in Bro2and Clut as suppliers as well and we could have something

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Did we not sign ugarkovic and nordstrand?
    that was in 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    that was in 2009
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So, Kokko is unlikely to play this weekend because he is missing match sharpress because of his injury.

His injury was to his jaw - and I believe he was still training. He could still partake in drills surely. Does anyone else find this weird.
    No. A broken Jaw is one of the worst injuries you can have. You lose ,muscle, you lose weight, you lose fitness / conditioning... and so on.
    By the time you can eat again you are a shadow of your former self and it takes twice as long again to get back to where you were - let alone what the time off does to your confidence.

On top of that it takes a long time before you feel right again especially if you have any nerve issues like tingling or your jaw locking and so on on.
    Then you have issues wrt pain killers. Do you take them ? If you do how will your body react. When I broke my jaw I had constant headaches for months after it had all healed.

Not as time consuming as an ACL injury but much worse than a broken leg - in my experience anyway.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-12-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    No. A broken Jaw is one of the worst injuries you can have. You lose ,muscle, you lose weight, you lose fitness / conditioning... and so on.
    By the time you can eat again you are a shadow of your former self and it takes twice as long again to get back to where you were - let alone what the time off does to your confidence.

On top of that it takes a long time before you feel right again especially if you have any nerve issues like tingling or your jaw locking and so on on.

Not as time consuming as an ACL injury but much worse than a broken leg - in my experience anyway.
    I hadn't considered that aspect of it. Great post Dunster - it does make sense when you put it like that.

Then you have issues wrt pain killers. Do you take them ? If you do how will your body react. When I broke my jaw I had constant headaches for months after it had all healed.

I'd also assume he couldn't participate in any drill that would include even soft contact like a 5 v 5 or 11 v 11 drill. Last thing you want is an innocuous bump to the face that rules you out even longer.

There are many different types of fractures. Each one treated differently and recover differently. In your case dunster were you wired shut? Sucking on a straw for 6wks lol
    Last edited by sorefootballer; 23-12-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    There are many different types of fractures. Each one treated differently and recover differently. In your case dunster were you wired shut? Sucking on a straw for 6wks lol
    Mine was a closed fracture so wiring was not necessary.

Sounds like your neck, shoulder and thoracic function were not looked at during your rehabilitation. Agreed, jaw injuries suck and pretty much affect a great deal of your physical functioning.

Is weak ankles to us almost a dead certainty now that Bulut has taken his foreigner spot in Thailand?

Is weak ankles to us almost a dead certainty now that Bulut has taken his foreigner spot in Thailand?
    Unless WSW are doing a swap? They aren't exactly stocked up front.

Quote Originally Posted by fairgo View Post
    wsw
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    If weak ankles turns up here I am thinking tifo snagging him is appropriate.

**** him

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If weak ankles turns up here I am thinking tifo snagging him is appropriate.

**** him
    He won't be coming
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

NBN story on Steve re-signing, Nabbout can't miss, Hoff can't use his left, and Kokko using his head:
    http://www.nbnnews.com.au/2016/12/24...with-the-jets/
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Hoff can't use either.

Johnny K is not our 3rd best centre back.

Middleby and co need to sort out his playing time and long term commitment ASAP.

Love that kid.