Page 170 of 193 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Um no we should be making sure they have the best possible coaching here to both make our league stronger and create players who can go on to play in the top leagues.
    We don't have the coaches to do this....we have Mums and Dads mostly coaching kids who have NFI about the game and probably follow other sports. Then you have a bottom up funding model that gives nothing to the grassroots.

Kids with a bit of quality just get sucked in to these dodgy academies with the parents paying overs for dodgy links to overseas clubs. Then you have the NYL which is a complete cluster**** and a top flight league limited in terms of clubs with most first XIs half filled with foreigners.

So for those that haven't heard or watched the telecast, cockerill alluded that McKinna and lee are headed to chile to nut out a partnership with one of the top division clubs. Likely to lead to one of our visa spots being a Chilean obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet;17***5
    So for those that haven't heard or watched the telecast, cockerill alluded that McKinna and lee are headed to chile to nut out a partnership with one of the top division clubs. Likely to lead to one of our visa spots being a Chilean obviously.
    I'm all for a good partnership but we will get their worst players. Not their best.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948;17***6
    I'm all for a good partnership but we will get their worst players. Not their best.
    The worst Chilean Premier League player is definitely better than the shit ****s we have

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The worst Chilean Premier League player is definitely better than the shit ****s we have
    "The worst Chilean Premier League coach/manager is definitely better than the shit **** we have"

So, two weeks before our next game. Will the team be taking the opportunity to go away for a training camp for the final push to claim 15 points from the last 5 games?

I hope we work our defence. And our attack. And our mongrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    So, two weeks before our next game. Will the team be taking the opportunity to go away for a training camp for the final push to claim 15 points from the last 5 games?

I hope we work our defence. And our attack. And our mongrel.
    two weeks what?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    two weeks what?
    Split round

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Split round
    To help the ACL teams?
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    To help the ACL teams?
    Yes. After their chances of qualifying for the next round have taken a massive hit.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Oh well two weeks for Mullen and Kanta to further cement their starting roles with strong training performances

love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Yes. After their chances of qualifying for the next round have taken a massive hit.
    Complete and utter bullshit

It more down to the soft arse ****s in this country not being able to play weekend midweek weekend

That the issue
    Have a squad of 23 and it high time these useless ****ing coaches learner to rotate their squads like any club balancing League Cup and Euro commitments does in Europe

Like FFS it an extra 6 midweek games during the season FFS

It more down to the soft arse ****s in this country not being able to play weekend midweek weekend

That the issue
    Have a squad of 23 and it high time these useless ****ing coaches learner to rotate their squads like any club balancing League Cup and Euro commitments does in Europe

But Member, the media say it's a problem. Why would they lie to us?

That the issue

You mean those leagues where you can actually spend money on the squad players and not have to fill it with a bunch of trash and youth?
    You mean those leagues where the longest and rarest trip is about the same as a flight to Japan, nevermind the extra 4-5 hours to Middle East?
    You mean those leagues where, regardless of where you travel, it's still the same season?

Yeah, **** those clubs and their massive operating budgets, games moved to earlier/later kick offs by an FA that actually gives a shit about them and all the shit they have to put up with.

You mean those leagues where you can actually spend money on the squad players and not have to fill it with a bunch of trash and youth?
    You mean those leagues where the longest and rarest trip is about the same as a flight to Japan, nevermind the extra 4-5 hours to Middle East?
    You mean those leagues where, regardless of where you travel, it's still the same season?

Yeah, **** those clubs and their massive operating budgets, games moved to earlier/later kick offs by an FA that actually gives a shit about them and all the shit they have to put up with.
    unibet - bet better

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...emand-odonovan

After odonavan
    Hoole wants to come back if he realises he's ****ed up. Griffith says might not be possible
    Kokko to see out second year
    Boogard to see out third

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    youd have to take him

Now I don't usually fawn over Griff as much as some but....

While the Jets want to bring 0'Donavan in, they are resigned to losing off-contract attacking midfielder Andrew Hoole, who will head to Europe in search of a club in June.

The 23 year old wants to keep the door open at the Jets though should an offer not be forthcoming.

However Griffiths warned there were no guarantees for a player he believes is "one or two years" away from being ready to try his luck overseas.

"We are in position where we are constantly looking for players to fill the void (when he goes) and that may be unfortunate (for him) because we may already have a replacement (should he want to return)," he explained.

"I have a lot of respect for him to go over there and not have anything back here ... it's a big decision.

"He has the balls to do that and is backing himself. But if we recruit a similar player there might not be a position here for him.

"We rate him highly but I don't think he's ready yet to go overseas.

"Five goals (this season) doesn't automatically mean you're good enough to do that. I'd like to see him establish himself first.

"That's just my personal opinion and I really hope he proves me wrong.

Griffiths said his own experiences as player taught him that it takes more than just ability on the pitch to make a successful move to an overseas club.

"I know what it's like over there (from spells in England, Japan, Switzerland and China)," he said.

"You can have all the ability in the world but you have to be mentally tough.

"The A-League is a walk in the park by comparison."

It's like telling your missus "I just want to get away for a while and try someone else - if it doesn't work you just keep it warm for me and I'll come back".
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 08-03-2017 at 08:58 AM.

It's a great line in the article and sums up my thoughts on the whole matter. It's very matter-of-fact.

What I found interesting was the lines about Kokko seeing out the second year of his contract but also not releasing Boogaard. I'd not heard any rumours of the sort?! It was out of teh blue for me.

It could be there has been some in house friction that both Kokko (we did know about) and Boogs have responded to positively in managements eyes.

The good thing is it is being played out behind closed doors.