Page 190 of 193 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Wouldn't want either of them

Holland done nothing in Adelaide

Kruse FFS we already have enough weak ****s who don't deliver under pressure already
    Why pay big $$ for one
    Kruse is better than any winger in the league. He just happens to be a soft **** as well.

All we should should ask is who would they replace in the starting line up and are they better?? Hoole/Nabbout and Stevie/U/Poijak/Brown/Kanta and the answer to both is YES
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

If we had free range of removing anyone from this current squad Id only keep the two Keepers, Cowburn, Vjuica, Hoffman, Jackson Stevie U, Nabbout, Clut, Koutroumbis and Sawyer. Maybe Alessi but I dont know anything about him really and we havent seen him play.

Everyone I named minus Duncan and Stevie U would be squad/bench players
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If we had free range of removing anyone from this current squad Id only keep the two Keepers, Cowburn, Vjuica, Hoffman, Jackson Stevie U, Nabbout, Clut, Koutroumbis and Sawyer. Maybe Alessi but I dont know anything about him really and we havent seen him play.

Everyone I named minus Duncan and Stevie U would be squad/bench players
    Cowburns not good enough - too slow and lacks aggression / mongrel
    Vjuica is youth standard at best
    Ugga - bench at best - too inconsistent
    Hoffman - acceptable. Seasoned player. Not great but works hard.
    Clut - Not good enough
    Koutroumbus - Youth
    Sawyer - Youth - but I'd let him go.

So if we are going to sack everyone who are we going to sign to replace them on realistically? Who does Jones or even the experienced guy attract? And with what money? And with so many players getting sacked with what sort of security for the new player arriving if they know how poorly we are ran as a club?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Cowburns not good enough - too slow and lacks aggression / mongrel
    Vjuica is youth standard at best
    Ugga - bench at best - too inconsistent
    Hoffman - acceptable. Seasoned player. Not great but works hard.
    Clut - Not good enough
    Koutroumbus - Youth
    Sawyer - Youth - but I'd let him go.
    Ugga- cant be class IMO under a manager who helps him improve like Miller was doing.
    Cowburn- is decent and Gombau thinks so as well and he's better then any other coach weve had
    Vuijca- can improve based on what I saw this season
    Koutrombis-^^^^^
    Sawyer- has shown some potential to be worth another season as a Youth player.
    Clut- I dont think weve seen enough of him consistently. Need to see him playing every to get proper judge on his ability
    Hoff- I 100% agree on

This is just my opinion but we all see different things. Just wondering why you dont seem to rate Cowburn, Vujica and Clut? Dunster

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So if we are going to sack everyone who are we going to sign to replace them on realistically? Who does Jones or even the experienced guy attract? And with what money? And with so many players getting sacked with what sort of security for the new player arriving if they know how poorly we are ran as a club?
    On the flip side new players must see how weve been performing and if they join the club with alot of the past players still here Surely they get the feeling they can slack off or perform rubbish some weeks with out consequences?

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Stop talking sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

If they were serious about the squad they would pay out Boogaard and Kokko from the remaining time on their contracts

Sign a visa centre back like Jacobsen, a visa number 6 like Isaias, both of these can be your marquees.

We should be pushing hard to sign Aussies abroad who are lingering in lower divisions, sell them the dream of playing for the Socceroos if they do well here.

Players like Bradden Inman, Andy Rose, Kwame Yeboah, Ryan Williams, Chris Herd, heck Mitchell Duke just scored a goal, seems to have gotten over his injury

Banned
    Ugga- cant be class IMO under a manager who helps him improve like Miller was doing.
    Cowburn- is decent and Gombau thinks so as well and he's better then any other coach weve had
    Koutrombis-^^^^^
    Clut- I dont think weve seen enough of him consistently. Need to see him playing every to get proper judge on his ability
    Hoff- I 100% agree on

This is just my opinion but we all see different things. Just wondering why you dont seem to rate Cowburn, Vujica and Clut? Dunster
    So basically we are shit already

You think and our salvation lies in a pile of our lesser lights ??

Because you have just filled the squad with them that there no room left for anyone decent

Being that we are so shit. Wouldn't you think it high time we stopped signing Cluts Pataftas Gallagher's etc and stopped gambling on others failures???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So basically we are shit already

You think and our salvation lies in a pile of our lesser lights ??

Because you have just filled the squad with them that there no room left for anyone decent

Being that we are so shit. Wouldn't you think it high time we stopped signing Cluts Pataftas Gallagher's etc and stopped gambling on others failures???
    These guys would be decent squad players Fill the rest of the squad with higher quality players

love at first sight

These guys would be decent squad players Fill the rest of the squad with higher quality players
    You've been playing far too much football manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

You've been playing far too much football manager.
    And getting sacked every time Says it all really

love at first sight

Koutrombis-^^^^^
    Hoff- I 100% agree on

It's not that I don't rate them at all - it's that they are not good enough if we want a team capable of winning the A-league.

Let other clubs develop talent. Let us win championships.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It's not that I don't rate them at all - it's that they are not good enough if we want a team capable of winning the A-league.

Let other clubs develop talent. Let us win championships.
    Fair point. Look at Sydney their not developing talent as far as Im aware and their top of the league.

love at first sight

Never understood this whole 'developing players' argument. Unless your entire squad is above the age of 30 you are in some way developing talent.

We need to keep/sell players based on output:wage ratios. If you are a 19 yr old kid earning peanuts but can play off the bench than you might be worth keeping around. If you are a 28-30 yr old earning some of the biggest wages at our club but aren't in the starting 11/maybe even the bench than you should have been moved on before it got to this stage.

The jets need to look at where their wage bill is heaviest and get more bang for our buck player output wise. If we are going to win the spoon every 2nd year at least pay the minimum amount for it and subsidise drink prices at the games.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

So we could be going for Castro according to The World Game
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

So we could be going for Castro according to The World Game
    Castro and FBK were gonna win the league boiz!!!!!!!!

love at first sight

Whilst I love hearing the rumours and being linked with certain high quality players is awesome, I just can't shake the sense I get that it's complete amateur hour when McKinna babbles on about early stages in negotiations etc. we've made a few contacts and he comes out in the media and beats his chest about it.

Fair point. Look at Sydney their not developing talent as far as Im aware and their top of the league.
    I can name a recent Socceroo call up that would argue against Sydney developing talent given he's been there since he was 15 or something.
    O'Neill is a regular and only 22.
    Calver and Blackwood have seen game time this year. Timotheou and Ngoy have spent time on the bench and will likely see first team football next season.