Page 78 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Heyy you bastards, this bastard believes that the jets are crap because we bag every player out. pretty sure the losses come first then the usual inquisition begins. btw ffa mangement are the first we look at, then our own, then the players, then bk, then mfks, then the crowd, bastards like me on foz, then mid strength pss, then jets shaped hats, then gav & furns over positive relationship, then club colours, then....
    Furns and I broke up

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Furns and I broke up
    oh fk. we need other areas to blame people!

go jets

I'm pissed that stats didn't get a mention as part of the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    oh fk. we need other areas to blame people!
    The oppression of john christopher sunol by the one world order

easy, blame council, they'll be some truth in it somewhere...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

It's those lefties at the ABC

I wasn't sure where to put this as I couldn't find a relevant BK thread.

And before I post this, I'm not wanting to start the fight about whether he's good enough or not, deserving or not, suits long hair or short. I just want to acknowledge our longest serving player.

This Saturday marks 10 years since Ben Kennedy made his A-League debut.

• First A-League appearance was against New Zealand Knights at North Harbour Stadium on 27/08/2006. The match ended as a 0-0 draw.
    • Ben was handed his debut by Nick Theodorakopoulos and is the 26th player to be capped in the A-League for the club.
    • Ben has made 127 competitive appearances for the club. He has made 114 A-League appearances, 5 in the Asian Champions League, 2 in the FFA Cup and 6 in the Pre-Season cup. He 4th overall in most appearances for the club.
    • Ben was the first Jets keeper to have a clean sheet on debut – Ivan Necevski, Neil Young and Matthew Nash are the only other players.
    • Ben has kept 25 clean sheets in the A-League.
    • Ben has made an appearance under every coach except one – Richard Money.
    • Ben was the 19th player to captain the Jets. His first appearance as captain was against Sydney FC at Hunter Stadium 6/3/15.
    • Ben has the 8th most appearances of any keeper in the league.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this as I couldn't find a relevant BK thread.

And before I post this, I'm not wanting to start the fight about whether he's good enough or not, deserving or not, suits long hair or short. I just want to acknowledge our longest serving player.

This Saturday marks 10 years since Ben Kennedy made his A-League debut.

• First A-League appearance was against New Zealand Knights at North Harbour Stadium on 27/08/2006. The match ended as a 0-0 draw.
    • Ben was handed his debut by Nick Theodorakopoulos and is the 26th player to be capped in the A-League for the club.
    • Ben has made 127 competitive appearances for the club. He has made 114 A-League appearances, 5 in the Asian Champions League, 2 in the FFA Cup and 6 in the Pre-Season cup. He 4th overall in most appearances for the club.
    • Ben was the first Jets keeper to have a clean sheet on debut – Ivan Necevski, Neil Young and Matthew Nash are the only other players.
    • Ben has kept 25 clean sheets in the A-League.
    • Ben has made an appearance under every coach except one – Richard Money.
    • Ben was the 19th player to captain the Jets. His first appearance as captain was against Sydney FC at Hunter Stadium 6/3/15.
    • Ben has the 8th most appearances of any keeper in the league.
    Love reading up on some stats
    Nice work Jeterpool.
    Shit I thought we may have been up around 12 captains but 19 over 11 seasons!!!
    I suppose during the annus horribilus under the Muppet we must have head 5-6 alone that season.

Here's one for you mate, who has captained the team in the most games?
    Off the top of my head I am tipping Zads.

I wonder why the Jets haven't signed their third u20 now they have "resolved" the squad positions with Brennan....mmmm....it's almost like its unresolved

It is sorted... Brenan is the mature age rookie

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    This.

You need to be an amateur for the previous 18 months. The point of the mature age rookie was to encourage clubs to not ignore the NPL and sign the best performing players. It's meant for your Luke Remmington/Kale Bradbury's.

Not to shuffle your decks to sign a Chinese development player.
    It's the contract (2yrs) that can be classed as a "mature age rookie" contract, not the player.

Otherwise you sign a mature age rookie and only his first season can be taken out of the salary cap, which would make managing your cap in subsequent years a total pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    I wonder why the Jets haven't signed their third u20 now they have "resolved" the squad positions with Brennan....mmmm....it's almost like its unresolved
    It was strongly tipped to be a local player from the Jets youth a few weeks back ie Cameron Joice. Maybe they are looking elsewhere now as no player really stands out from the youth playing group.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Love reading up on some stats
    Nice work Jeterpool.
    Shit I thought we may have been up around 12 captains but 19 over 11 seasons!!!
    I suppose during the annus horribilus under the Muppet we must have head 5-6 alone that season.

Here's one for you mate, who has captained the team in the most games?
    Off the top of my head I am tipping Zads.
    Zads in the A-League with 44.

Zads and Jade North share the overall with 44.

Cooper, Brennan and Pav left off the China tour.
    Joice, Bymora & yoof mf Cody Carroll will join the touring squad instead.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

article gives an idea of who is in the running for the U/20 spot
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...tour-i-photos/

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Cooper, Brennan and Pav left off the China tour.
    Joice, Bymora & yoof mf Cody Carroll will join the touring squad instead.
    Miller must read the foz.

Quote Originally Posted by &1gest View Post
    article gives an idea of who is in the running for the U/20 spot
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...tour-i-photos/
    I think you're on the money.

^^^^
    Going by these latest developments with the three left behind on top of Miller's comments both last week and today, I think it is obvious that Brennan, Cooper and Pav have told to look elsewhere because they won't be getting any gametime this year. They may want to stay but why would you if you know before the start of the season that you are on the outer and even below youth players in the pecking order.
    Going on his form last year, Miller appears to be the type of coach who once he makes his mind up about you in regards to what you can contribute to the squad....he doesn't backtrack on his decision. I'm not saying if this is right or wrong, just calling it how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Zads in the A-League with 44.

Zads and Jade North share the overall with 44.
    Cheers mate.
    Going by that we obviously haven't had a captain longer then 2 seasons straight, has been a bit of a "poisoned chalice" wearing the Jets armband ha ha.

^^^^
    Going by these latest developments with the three left behind on top of Miller's comments both last week and today, I think it is obvious that Brennan, Cooper and Pav have told to look elsewhere because they won't be getting any gametime this year. They may want to stay but why would you if you know before the start of the season that you are on the outer and even below youth players in the pecking order.
    Going on his form last year, Miller appears to be the type of coach who once he makes his mind up about you in regards to what you can contribute to the squad....he doesn't backtrack on his decision. I'm not saying if this is right or wrong, just calling it how I see it.
    money.

Given they cant break into a squad that hasn't made the finals for ages and got 8th spot last season who is going to pay them more than they are currently on?

Realistically few a-league teams would be chomping at the bit to sign them, (it's safe to assume) no NPL team would have the cash to match their current contracts, so its either find a payday in south east asia (and tunt he risk of ending up at club who doesn't actually pay you), or wait for ledman to sell you to a Chinese 3rd division side or wait out your contract earning cash riding the pine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    It is sorted... Brenan is the mature age rookie

It's the contract (2yrs) that can be classed as a "mature age rookie" contract, not the player.

Otherwise you sign a mature age rookie and only his first season can be taken out of the salary cap, which would make managing your cap in subsequent years a total pain in the arse.
    Except that he is not.

You have missed the point being that Brennan never was the Jets Mature Age Rookie last season nor has the club ever made any statement saying he was. Infact every statement they made was we did not the budget to take advantage of these concessions. And they were right. The Jets had the minimum 20 player squad last season. To sign a mature age rookie we would have needed to sign another player as the rookie is outside the cap and not included in the squad.

My money is that Parris's article was wrong or hypothetical, citing an unnamed FFA source with no quote from either club or FFA . I would bet one of the three left behind from China leave the club before the season starts and the Chinese player is signed.

It was strongly tipped to be a local player from the Jets youth a few weeks back ie Cameron Joice. Maybe they are looking elsewhere now as no player really stands out from the youth playing group.
    Which you think would have been sorted at start of preseason. Nothing indicates this player won't be min wage so not like salary cap implications are not well known, ie, need 55k spare.

I get waiting for the right Visa player, but surely the u20's can be resolved in time for pre-season