Page 11 of 193 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    And im guessing neither are you???
    You are correct. And i have never claimed to be one

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    And thats probably why your not an A-League coach!!!
    You're kidding here's me thinking anfield was the next national team coach.
    You could probably forgive me and anfield thinking this is a forum for like minded people to talk about thier thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    You're kidding here's me thinking anfield was the next national team coach.
    You could probably forgive me and anfield thinking this is a forum for like minded people to talk about thier thoughts.
    Not everyone is like minded, so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And because i dont believe in anfields comments, it doesnt mean im not allowed to say it...

Theres plenty of people on here disagreeing with each other, not just myself. Im sure you are quite happy to voice your opinion when you disagree with something someone says on here? Or are you too like minded....?

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Never realised Archie was Spanish, get him in. Sign Garcia as well, guaranteed another toilet seat*

*albeit one with stabiliser handles on the sides
    I enjoyed this very much.

Not everyone is like minded, so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And because i dont believe in anfields comments, it doesnt mean im not allowed to say it...

Theres plenty of people on here disagreeing with each other, not just myself. Im sure you are quite happy to voice your opinion when you disagree with something someone says on here? Or are you too like minded....?
    Really so this isn't a forum for people who share a passion for Football, you know a like minded passion for Football.

If you disagree with what anfield has to say let him know that you disagree with his thoughts. Having a jibe that he isn't something that he never claimed to be doesn’t offer anything constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Great news, would be crazy to let him go! He is a local and is a decent player who can play multiple positions and still has potential to be a great A-League player (even though it feels like he has been around forever)

In general there is so much negativity about the jets on here. Sure we want them to be the best. But really after all the crap that went down under tinkler and stubbins, the jets had to rebuild. It takes time.

Appears that a fair few like to bag just about every signing. Dont really hear many signing suggestions that are realistic. Messi isnt signing anytime soon and sorry to dissapoint a few but we arnt Barcelona, Real Madrid or Dundee United (well possible we could beat them).

The jets are up against some clubs that spend much more cash with their marqees and allowances. Not a fair playing field. So until we get an owner, the jets must rely on good transfers and probably take a punt on a player or two.

sadly, I think he'll be a low level squaddie from here out

Brad norton, left back from south Melbourne fc. 25 , played a few games with Adelaide utd a few years back. Rated really highly by plenty of VNPL watches on fourfourtwo.

Another suggestion.
    Another suggestion to bag.

Appears that a fair few like to bag just about every signing.

So until we get an owner....
    Talking about the signings we have had, since 08 every signing has failed to get us to the semi's so its pretty hard to praise that

suggestions give us hope
    Last edited by hawk; 01-05-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Messi isnt signing anytime soon and sorry to dissapoint
    Shows what you know pal.
    I have been searching the webs all night and I can't see one denial from Messi or his agent saying he's not coming here.

I remember they said the same thing when Venebles coached us. No one thought we'd land him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Worthy of a presser or do they have something else to announce at the same time. There's something oddly efficient & methodical about the way the club are announcing released players, re-signings & new signings. Minimal to no rumors, no dragged out contract sagas, nothing getting played out in the media, and no list of 20 players we're 'going to' sign but ultimately won't. Where have the real Jets gone??

Banned
    In general there is so much negativity about the jets on here. Sure we want them to be the best. But really after all the crap that went down under tinkler and stubbins, the jets had to rebuild. It takes time.

Appears that a fair few like to bag just about every signing. Dont really hear many signing suggestions that are realistic. Messi isnt signing anytime soon and sorry to dissapoint a few but we arnt Barcelona, Real Madrid or Dundee United (well possible we could beat them).

The jets are up against some clubs that spend much more cash with their marqees and allowances. Not a fair playing field. So until we get an owner, the jets must rely on good transfers and probably take a punt on a player or two.
    That's a pretty negative attitude

In 1 hours time I be watching Lester City play to win the EPL

Yeah that right Lester playing to win the EPL

And your telling me I should be happy with us being second best to clubs who spend more than us so go tell that to Lester whilst they find somewhere to be sticking that trophy they are getting soon

Anda you also want to sabotage my lofty expectation/dream of making the ****ing Top 4 by signing a pile NYL players instead of capable players who will get us somewhere??

FMD

Dream big Buddy

If I wanted to support mediocrity and under achievement forever I would ditch supporting the Jets and go support Liverpool.
    That's their attitude but not mine

Dream big or GTFO

That's a pretty negative attitude

In 1 hours time I be watching Lester City play to win the EPL

Yeah that right Lester playing to win the EPL

And your telling me I should be happy with us being second best to clubs who spend more than us so go tell that to Lester whilst they find somewhere to be sticking that trophy they are getting soon

Anda you also want to sabotage my lofty expectation/dream of making the ****ing Top 4 by signing a pile NYL players instead of capable players who will get us somewhere??

FMD

Dream big Buddy

If I wanted to support mediocrity and under achievement forever I would ditch supporting the Jets and go support Liverpool.

Dream big or GTFO
    Calm down.... A think you missed the point. I never said we should be happy to be second best. This year was a rebuilding year, next year they will have more of a chance. Especially if new owners jump on board.

Enjoy watching Leicester.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    *Lester
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Calm down.... A think you missed the point. I never said we should be happy to be second best. This year was a rebuilding year, next year they will have more of a chance. Especially if new owners jump on board.

Enjoy watching Leicester.
    Fire up Anfield, get stuck into him. .

Someone has to be optimistic, keep up the good work and keep up the scouting. not many are good at that round here.

Dream big or GTFO
    Come on Member get your hand off it - we would kill to be a regional city like Liverpool with their history and trophy cabinet ffs
    Recent mediocrity is due to poor administration and player recruitment. Much like the Jets, come to think of it.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    sadly, I think he'll be a low level squaddie from here out
    If that is the case, I hope the remuneration reflects this. Sick of hearing about us paying overs

With the 4 squad places left, I would like to see us sign a starting foreign CAM, LAM and RAM. Of these 3 one needs to also be able to play striker.

Last squad spot needs to be versatile and cheap. A back up RB who can also play either DM or CB. Basically clone Nick Cowburn.