Page 51 of 193 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

RE: shirt sales

You are all crazy!!
    I've already ordered next seasons jersey with "LONG WANG" printed across the back.

Get on board you f**kers!

I am actually supportive of this as a concept. Signing a Chinese player as a means to promote the Jets in China and bring in much needed sponsorship and exposure makes perfect sense. But its the timing of this that what bothers me the most.

Miller left these 2 positions open for a reason, he wanted to spend whatever we had left in the cap on the best 2 attacking players we could recruit. We signed younger inexperienced players like Clut and Duncan, imo, to free salary cap space for these signings. We may not have signed Brown for instance, and instead gone for a legitimate attacker rather than a utility type player. It seems that we had a plan for recruitment and its being derailed now. And despite that its still fine as he is the owner and thats what he wants to do, but to then say the goal is to make top 3 within a couple of seasons is at odds to this. If the team is to become a developmental team for Chinese players thats one thing but they won't be coming close to the top 6. Mariners for example, are a developmental team for meth addicts and vagabonds.

Just waiting now on the inevitable pressure to be applied to Miller to play this player over better performing team mates.
    Last edited by borat; 13-07-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    I am actually supportive of this as a concept. Signing a Chinese player as a means to promote the Jets in China and bring in much needed sponsorship and exposure makes perfect sense. But its the timing of this that what bothers me the most.

Miller left these 2 positions open for a reason, he wanted to spend whatever we had left in the cap on the best 2 attacking players we could recruit. We signed younger inexperienced players like Clut and Duncan, imo, to free salary cap space for these signings. We may not have signed Brown for instance, and instead gone for a legitimate attacker rather than a utility type player. It seems that we had a plan for recruitment and its being derailed now. And despite that its still fine as he is the owner and thats what he wants to do, but to then say the goal is to make top 3 within a couple of seasons is at odds to this. If the team is to become a developmental team for Chinese players thats one thing but they won't be coming close to the top 6. Mariners for example, are a developmental team for meth addicts and vagabonds.

Just waiting now on the enviable pressure to be applied to Miller to play this player over better performing team mates.
    I agree with many of these points. The facts are whatever Chinese player comes wont be up to the required standard, unless the are in the marqee category.

There is alot of money in Chinese football at the moment. Any decent Chinese player will stay in their league where the money is.

Chinese football is a long way behind japan and south Korea in terms of player talent produced.

The only way forward is getting 2-3 Chinese kids to join the youth team. Im sure FFA could bend some rules if needed to allow this.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post

Just waiting now on the enviable pressure to be applied to Miller to play this player over better performing team mates.
    Stop it Borat, you are making too much sense!
    Seriously though, if Miller had some European based players earmarked for the 2 visa spots and now he gets told he will have to trial some Chinese players and sign one of them, I don't think he would be too impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I agree with many of these points. The facts are whatever Chinese player comes wont be up to the required standard, unless the are in the marqee category.

There is alot of money in Chinese football at the moment. Any decent Chinese player will stay in their league where the money is.

Chinese football is a long way behind japan and south Korea in terms of player talent produced.

The only way forward is getting 2-3 Chinese kids to join the youth team. Im sure FFA could bend some rules if needed to allow this.
    Unless the Chinese player is at a club where a gazillion dollar signing has just been put in in front of them. Some players actually want to play, develop and improve, not just earn money, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Unless the Chinese player is at a club where a gazillion dollar signing has just been put in in front of them. Some players actually want to play, develop and improve, not just earn money, yeah?
    Yes, Song was a prime example of that. Wanted to test himself in a physically tougher league like ours with the ultimate goal of playing in Europe, yet he could've earned a lot more in his home country of South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Yes, Song was a prime example of that. Wanted to test himself in a physically tougher league like ours with the ultimate goal of playing in Europe, yet he could've earned a lot more in his home country of South Korea
    Yep, that's the type of development player we should be looking at and given the ties Ledman/Lee has with the CFA, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Chinese youth international or former youth international in.

Banned
    Yep, that's the type of development player we should be looking at and given the ties Ledman/Lee has with the CFA, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Chinese youth international or former youth international in.
    This is the Jets we are talking about.

We be lucky to get the Chinese kid doing the dishes at the Chinese Restaurant at Wallsend Plaza doing 3 dishes and Rice/Noodles for $9.90

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This is the Jets we are talking about.

We be lucky to get the Chinese kid doing the dishes at the Chinese Restaurant at Wallsend Plaza doing 3 dishes and Rice/Noodles for $9.90
    Where's that place? I might be living in Wallsend soon...

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I hear your point. But song was from south Korea, A much stronger football country then china. China has less depth, which makes their players in more demand in their homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I hear your point. But song was from south Korea, A much stronger football country then china. China has less depth, which makes their players in more demand in their homeland.
    China has invested a crazy amount of money into development of football in the last 5 or so years. You will start to see kids coming through from that investment now. Chinese national team is only going to get stronger and stronger.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    China has invested a crazy amount of money into development of football in the last 5 or so years. You will start to see kids coming through from that investment now. Chinese national team is only going to get stronger and stronger.
    Like the swimming team a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    They will get stronger, but it will take time. Miller and supporters want Visa players to have istant impact. Otherwise might as well use Australian players.

Where's that place? I might be living in Wallsend soon...
    Mezz bar is the only thing you need to know about living in Wallsend champ. That and the 10 ticket schooner book at the lemony.

FFA needs to introduce a 451 VISA Marquee

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/40...als-with-jets/

Miller full of praise for him, reckon it's nailed on.

Did not like the last line though...

Meanwhile, Jets defender Daniel Alessi suffered a serious knee injury at training last week.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/40...als-with-jets/

Miller full of praise for him, reckon it's nailed on.

Did not like the last line though...
    Certainly sounds like it but someone will have to leave to accommodate him. Wonder who that will be. My money is on Cooper at this stage.

Alessi out for the season. Very disappointing!!

Nabbout injury replacement is my guess
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles