Thread: Zone league cup

Zone league cup

Anyone think there should be a cup just between zone teams?

great idea.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    this could work actually

at the moment there's 36 clubs in the league with 39 teams across the four zone competitions - each club getting one team in the straight knock out competition

ZL3 could have a preliminary round, which with the one team per club rule, would bring us down to a first round proper of 32 teams - a full open draw would probably work best

the only issue I could see though is that this means you'd have to fit up to five additional rounds in the season

with wash outs and fixture congestion already an issue most seasons, plus the FFA Cup taking up a lot of pre-season times - it would be hard to schedule without extending the season

so if you're really keen on this idea and people on here are also positive, why not come up with a plan on how to schedule the games, discuss options with other club, make up a list of potential sponsors and actually talk to the sponsors about it, then get in contact with the associations and have it brought up at the next all clubs zone meeting?

the winner can represent zone in the ffa cup then there would only be one club complaining about being beaten 10 nil

You would incorporate this into the FFA Cup.

Top 8 from the Zone League Cup qualify for NNSW FFA Cup round of 32 along with 4 Clubs from the Northern Draw and the other 20 New FM and NPL Clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Mate I wouldn't no where to start
    I'm just the ideas man lol 😂

The Football League Trophy, also known as the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is an annual English association football knock-out competition open to the 48 clubs in Football League One and Football League Two, the third and fourth divisions of the English football league system.

So why not in NNSW - I like the idea of using it as qualifying rounds for FFA Cup so we don't repeat what happened to Muswellbrook this season

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    The Football League Trophy, also known as the Johnstone's Paint Trophy is an annual English association football knock-out competition open to the 48 clubs in Football League One and Football League Two, the third and fourth divisions of the English football league system.

So why not in NNSW - I like the idea of using it as qualifying rounds for FFA Cup so we don't repeat what happened to Muswellbrook this season
    Simialr thing in Scotland, Scottish League Challenge Cup or Petrofac Cup this season.
    Its open to teams from Championship down.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

I absolutely love the idea of this as a stand alone cup. Leave the FFA Cup as is, honestly what harm has come from the completely over analysed and over discussed lopsided results? Absolutely none

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    I absolutely love the idea of this as a stand alone cup. Leave the FFA Cup as is, honestly what harm has come from the completely over analysed and over discussed lopsided results? Absolutely none
    ffa cup creates a narrative of local football for blokes of the day when they had Magic on ropes but they conceeded a quick 12 in stoppage time

Zone League Cup of Life.