Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Gypo CEO Death Riding Thread

I just took another look at Lawries presser about the sacking. He's a deadset prick.

With respect to budget he's said that the budget hasn't changed from when we were successful.

What a cop out. We lost McGree, Pato, Joey, Roy, Vargas, George, Nabbout.. and so on - and replaced them with inferior players.

Ernie wasn't given enough budget to maintain the side he had let alone improve it - that's the reality.

Our results are the product of an owner not willing to spend enough money on players.

I hope they lose every game for the rest of the season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I just took another look at Lawries presser about the sacking. He's a deadset prick.

With respect to budget he's said that the budget hasn't changed from when we were successful.

What a cop out. We lost McGree, Pato, Joey, Roy, Vargas, George, Nabbout.. and so on - and replaced them with inferior players.

Ernie wasn't given enough budget to maintain the side he had let alone improve it - that's the reality.

Our results are the product of an owner not willing to spend enough money on players.

I hope they lose every game for the rest of the season.
    Welcome to the bandwagon

I am sure Plague will move over for you to take a seat at the front of the wagon

The Chinese Lightsalesman and the Gypo CEO re no doubt highly culpable in this mess but questions also have to be asked of Bert

He is the one still resigning guys like Hoffman and Kanta and Moss and Boogaard
    He is the one still resigning Kosta Petratos when it 3 years running now he can't perform the role of back up striker
    He is the one who failed to sign a left fullback
    He is the one who keeps throwing Johnny K out there when it clear as day his confidence is shot to shit
    He is the one has us playing a CM at No9 and wide attackers in Hoffman and Fitzusless
    Last edited by MFKS; 07-01-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Muscat and Rojas
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

I can't remember the last time McKinna made a statement that wasn't a blatant lie. What an absolute shit bloke he really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I can't remember the last time McKinna made a statement that wasn't a blatant lie. What an absolute shit bloke he really is.
    The bloke is a Gypo

Why exactly is anyone surprised

Look.at his record
    1 wooden spoon season
    1 coming and
    1 7th place season
    Plus 1 utter fluke

****s still living in the land of the never never as the Jets jagged 1 good season

Banned
    Being that we are now on fire and our run is coming too late

Some serious questions need to be asked

Why did it take so long to get a new coach after sacking Bert?
    We had Dean's as a stand in for 5 games FFS

Why was there no money for players under Bert yet we can now find coin for Ibini Roy and Joe Ledley??

I am sensing our season was allowed to be frittered away in January and February by the poor leadership at the club

When is the Chinese Lightsalesman gonna hold someone accountable??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Being that we are now on fire and our run is coming too late

Some serious questions need to be asked

Why did it take so long to get a new coach after sacking Bert?
    We had Dean's as a stand in for 5 games FFS

Why was there no money for players under Bert yet we can now find coin for Ibini Roy and Joe Ledley??

I am sensing our season was allowed to be frittered away in January and February by the poor leadership at the club

When is the Chinese Lightsalesman gonna hold someone accountable??
    Its already been explained that Robbo already had some commitments he couldnt get out off which is why he left for a bit after coming down to visit the club, Thats why Deans was in charge for a bit longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Would be nice if Lawrie could provide an update considering the lack of info coming out of FFA HQ.

At this present moment the gooses running our game are getting a schooling in how to get your code up and running from both the NRL's Peter V Landy's and AFL's Gill McGoughlin. Not only have both of them got there codes up and running but now corporate sponsors ok to attend and now talk of crowds being permitted sometime over the next three weeks.

I didn't think we could get any worse than the rich guys son and Gallop but now we have %^&*knows doing god knows what because unlike the other two codes who kept there supporters abreast of everything the leadership in our game couldn't be bothered. You would almost swear they were just hoping to get to a certain date where they just throw there arms up in the air and say too hard see ya next season.

Disgrace is the only way to describe the silence.

Get up em Lawrie and give the members and supporters a update.
    Last edited by 380; 09-06-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Can it.
    Nobody cares anymore. Only thing left to gain is some $$$ from fux.
    May as well spend the time and effort hyping up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Would be nice if Lawrie could provide an update considering the lack of info coming out of FFA HQ.

At this present moment the gooses running our game are getting a schooling in how to get your code up and running from both the NRL's Peter V Landy's and AFL's Gill McGoughlin. Not only have both of them got there codes up and running but now corporate sponsors ok to attend and now talk of crowds being permitted sometime over the next three weeks.

I didn't think we could get any worse than the rich guys son and Gallop but now we have %^&*knows doing god knows what because unlike the other two codes who kept there supporters abreast of everything the leadership in our game couldn't be bothered. You would almost swear they were just hoping to get to a certain date where they just throw there arms up in the air and say too hard see ya next season.

Disgrace is the only way to describe the silence.

Get up em Lawrie and give the members and supporters a update.
    The FFA can either finish the season and lose $40 odd million from Fox each year for the remainder of the deal or we can keep playing this game of chicken and hopefully force them to keep their side of the contract. The bad side of that game of chicken being that Fox might be able to weasel its way out of the contract all together and basically the league will fold.
    Have you not been keeping up with what's going on between us and Fox? We are basically screwed here if Fox get their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The FFA can either finish the season and lose $40 odd million from Fox each year for the remainder of the deal or we can keep playing this game of chicken and hopefully force them to keep their side of the contract. The bad side of that game of chicken being that Fox might be able to weasel its way out of the contract all together and basically the league will fold.
    Have you not been keeping up with what's going on between us and Fox? We are basically screwed here if Fox get their way.
    I was under the impression Fox have paid up what was owed just in the past few weeks enabling the resumption, Have i got that wrong ?.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I was under the impression Fox have paid up what was owed just in the past few weeks enabling the resumption, Have i got that wrong ?.
    FFA came up with a proposed schedule to finish the season which the club's, PFA etc accepted but FOX will only agree to telecast it at a vastly discounted price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    FFA came up with a proposed schedule to finish the season which the club's, PFA etc accepted but FOX will only agree to telecast it at a vastly discounted price.
    Cheers for that, Time to fold the comp then.

From Syd Herald

Oar said the silence was simply unacceptable.

"We verbally agreed a pay deal for significantly reduced income and haven’t actually heard anything since about returning to training or being paid any differently," he said.

"Seeing our colleagues overseas back playing and other codes in Australia back playing - even in front of crowds as early as this weekend - it makes it hard to justify the constant state of limbo we are in with no decisive action.

"NRL and AFL were criticised for being too bullish in the beginning in order to get back quickly, yet now they have secured their long-term futures.

"In contrast, after three months we are almost exactly where we started."

The A-League is fast approaching the point of no return if the season is to resume in mid-July and be completed by the end of August. Players and coaches who flew overseas will require at least two weeks' notice as they will need to spend 14 days in hotel quarantine upon arrival in Australia, while teams are seeking close to a full month of training before they are fit enough to play matches.

Oar, a PFA delegate, has opted to play out the final rounds of the season with the Central Coast Mariners. The 28-year-old signed a short-term contract extension with the club in the interests of helping to maintain the integrity of the competition, doing so with the blessing of incoming expansion team Macarthur FC, whom he is due to join next season.

He said players had little choice but to accept the conditions and salary reductions put to them by FFA and the clubs but want "long-term solutions" for the sport to be struck in exchange.

"Everything at the moment is looking no more than two or three months ahead, when this is a golden opportunity to change the landscape as everyone has been discussing for years," Oar said.

"No stakeholder should be permitted to hold the league to ransom. There needs to be some brave decisions made to put an end to the stand-off between the stakeholders, as it’s coming at a great cost to players' psychological well-being.

"Football players are often painted to live lavish lifestyles and be completely out of touch with normality ... [but] most A-League players are earning significantly less than our NRL or AFL counterparts, often living off a single modest wage in many cases with families and dependants. Many are currently either on JobKeeper, or in some cases not earning a cent."

Oar also said he was aware of a "divide" between club owners, some of whom he said do not want the season to go ahead - at least on the agreed terms.

"There are so many questions. Fox paid the last instalment, but have the clubs even received it yet from FFA? If not then why not? There’s been no transparency," he said.

Lawrie wrote on Twitter memberships were meant to go on sale today

But email this afternoon says on sale next week.

Email also lays out this little saving announcement:

A combination of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to be more sustainable has resulted in some changes to Membership moving forward. By being more cost effective we are able to share these savings with you. Full season renewal prices have been reduced, with returning Members saving up to 25% off advertised prices.
    Followed by:

The key change, made following Member feedback, is that you will no longer receive a Member Card or pack included in your Membership. You will now access your tickets on your mobile, while the Club has a range of solutions for those without a smartphone to get you into the games. There are a number of reasons and benefits for going digital which you can read about at our Membership in the guide below.
    So seemingly all that means is we aren't all paying for the lanyards and hats and things that we got "for free" previously in the member pack.

We have also been robbed of the biggest debate of the year - judging the membership card thickness.
    OK

Always the optimist where Lorry is concerned. You guys need to weigh up accessibility with credibility when posting about the CEO. Once credibility is lost it cannot be regained.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.