Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gypo CEO Death Riding Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    So who got a personal call from Lord Gypo this week?......
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

https://twitter.com/LawrieMcKinna/st...25420443754496

You can take the boy out of the scum, but you can't take the scum out of the boy.
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 20-09-2016 at 08:15 AM.

I got a call from him. He didn't want to blame anyone or make excuses but it was all Scott's fault.
    Apparently Miller refused to discuss his reasons for wanting Trani gone and caused the whole logger heads.
    Then a bunch of moving forward, change through continuity wash.

anyone else who thinks this year's membership card is the cheapest shittiest looking we've ever had?? the el cheapo card isn't inspiring confidence in our new direction - but on a lighter note, no pics of players on it this time, so unless the membership card kiss of death is for the team itself, at least it isn't an omen of who won't be with us next season this time...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Designed simpler to be easier for match day staff to check people are in the rights seats and have the right card.

Kiss of death photo no longer in use might mean we wI'll have exactly the same squad now as in the 12 months time. Good news for pav, coop and Brennan.

So how do we go about kicking this guy out before the end of the season? Need to get this positions sorted before we start looking for a new coach.

McKinna might be a lovely bloke but doesn't have the skills to rebuild a club from the ground up it seems. Martin Lee seems to think that the club is more organised than it actually is and doesn't need money thrown at it. McKinna probably told him so to make sure he got the gig so easily.

#LawriebacktoSauceVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So how do we go about kicking this guy out before the end of the season? Need to get this positions sorted before we start looking for a new coach.

McKinna might be a lovely bloke but doesn't have the skills to rebuild a club from the ground up it seems. Martin Lee seems to think that the club is more organised than it actually is and doesn't need money thrown at it. McKinna probably told him so to make sure he got the gig so easily.

#LawriebacktoSauceVille
    That's all fine but who have you got in mind to take over?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    That's all fine but who have you got in mind to take over?
    1. Find business that is succeeding
    2. Convince the CEO to come and earn similar money but also get a personal image boost if we do well
    3. ???
    4. Mariners are relegated to New Zealand Premier League.

But seriously, we don't need a CEO who is well known. We just need one who can make money and fix the running of the club. McKinna just doesn't strike me as the guy who can fix the upper management problems we have. He is putting out fires but probably not fixing the deeper problems.

I think we need a Director of Football and, although i'd prefer someone who isn't a filthy Hutcho-loving Trumpet lover, if needed McKinna could do that job. Someone who can fix up what is happening throughout the season that keeps causing us to run-out of players all the time. Have to buy in Youth from other teams and make rash judgement calls at contract time.

This will help us become more marketable to sponsors to help the CEO bring in more moneys to then help out the Director fix more problems and so on and so forth until we are a mid-table team who gets knocked out of the finals first week. Which would be a massive improvement on the club at the moment.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

1. Find business that is succeeding
    2. Convince the CEO to come and earn similar money but also get a personal image boost if we do well
    3. ???
    4. Mariners are relegated to New Zealand Premier League.

But seriously, we don't need a CEO who is well known. We just need one who can make money and fix the running of the club. McKinna just doesn't strike me as the guy who can fix the upper management problems we have. He is putting out fires but probably not fixing the deeper problems.

I think we need a Director of Football and, although i'd prefer someone who isn't a filthy Hutcho-loving Trumpet lover, if needed McKinna could do that job. Someone who can fix up what is happening throughout the season that keeps causing us to run-out of players all the time. Have to buy in Youth from other teams and make rash judgement calls at contract time.

This will help us become more marketable to sponsors to help the CEO bring in more moneys to then help out the Director fix more problems and so on and so forth until we are a mid-table team who gets knocked out of the finals first week. Which would be a massive improvement on the club at the moment.
    That said Directors of Football aren't too popular in the UK so maybe that is an even worse idea than keeping the idiot we already have.

We have a DOF, Griffo should step up and sort this shit out!
    Weve got a mediocre ex-defender leading the team with no idea how to go forward.
    But its a boys club ay, "jobs for the boys" hey Mr McKinna???
    Last edited by 6ft11; 05-12-2016 at 04:03 PM.

But seriously, we don't need a CEO who is well known. We just need one who can make money and fix the running of the club.
    You do realise no A-League clubs make money? Vic-tree made a profit two years ago, only because they won the league, FFA Cup & had 26k members. (Or something like that)

The A-League isn't designed around clubs making money. We don't produce enough talent, or have the balls to stand up to clubs to warrant transfer/buy out fees. (Matty Ryan, Tommy R aside). We just let players leave, for free, as to not stop their career progression.

Not being able to buy/sell players between clubs stops anyone making money as well.

The running costs of a club aren't covered by anyone, only the player salaries, up to the cap, are. Of which, we're lucky to even spend the cap each year.

You'll make a loss regardless, until you hit 20k members & win something & have good sponsors.
    We have non of that & won't for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    You do realise no A-League clubs make money? Vic-tree made a profit two years ago, only because they won the league, FFA Cup & had 26k members. (Or something like that)

The A-League isn't designed around clubs making money. We don't produce enough talent, or have the balls to stand up to clubs to warrant transfer/buy out fees. (Matty Ryan, Tommy R aside). We just let players leave, for free, as to not stop their career progression.

Not being able to buy/sell players between clubs stops anyone making money as well.

The running costs of a club aren't covered by anyone, only the player salaries, up to the cap, are. Of which, we're lucky to even spend the cap each year.

You'll make a loss regardless, until you hit 20k members & win something & have good sponsors.
    You should work for the FFA finding potential owners.

Clubs ****ed. CEO is ****ed. Owner is ****ed. Squad is ****ed. Coach is ****ed. We're all ****ed.

Get ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Clubs ****ed. CEO is ****ed. Owner is ****ed. Squad is ****ed. Coach is ****ed. We're all ****ed.

Get ****ed.
    Excited?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Excited?
    ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

Didn't the Gypos announce they were in the black for last year too?
    Read on the weekend too that NRL clubs lost reportedly a total of $50 million last season, so it's not just A-League clubs leaking money.
    The big AFL clubs with 40,000 plus members are the most financially viable sporting teams in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post

Get ****ed.
    10/10 post that. Would read again.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Still don't know what is the vision, the direction, the football philosphy of this club.
    That's what I lked about the direction Adelaide took when it brought in Gombau/Amor. It was a clear and distinct philosphy and style that they brought to the club which has largely been successful with 3 trophies in 3 seasons.
    McKinna had his chance to do something similar when Miller was sacked but it seems the main criteria was getting in someone who "knew and understood Newcastle". At the very least I would expect a team, though lacking in quality to have a go, play for the full 90 and at least make the opposition work hard to get even a point...it's obvious we can't even manage that style of either FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Still don't know what is the vision, the direction, the football philosphy of this club.
    That's what I lked about the direction Adelaide took when it brought in Gombau/Amor. It was a clear and distinct philosphy and style that they brought to the club which has largely been successful with 3 trophies in 3 seasons.
    McKinna had his chance to do something similar when Miller was sacked but it seems the main criteria was getting in someone who "knew and understood Newcastle". At the very least I would expect a team, though lacking in quality to have a go, play for the full 90 and at least make the opposition work hard to get even a point...it's obvious we can't even manage that style of either FFS.
    I put it to you that it was a matter of who the club could get in at such short notice.

And that is it. No other criteria required as we simply didn't have the time.

We didn't even have an assistant to take over on an interim basis while we scoured the globe (who am I kidding?) for a real, long term, sustainable option

I understand Lawrie will be on Shootout this Thursday night.