Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 299

Thread: The Gypo CEO Death Riding Thread

  1. #81
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,717
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I'd just like to ask who from the footballing fraternity of Northern NSW would be a better pick that McKinna?
    Exactly why should we limit ourselves to the Football fraternity of NNSW??

    We need a competent and experienced CEO whether that be sport related or other fields.

    It not matter where they come from as long as it isn't the Gypo Coast


    We could give the gig to blokes like Andy Roberts The Griff etc blokes who run small businesses and no the local football community etc

    Problem is that didn't work with Baartz and running a small business and a football club are chalk and cheese


    Reality is we have no one of note in NNSW Football community to step up anyway. The incumbent CEO is the head of NNSW anyway and that hadn't exactly been a roaring success to make anyone think he needs the Jets CEO gig 24-7 has it


    Experienced and competent CEO

    Poach from rival successful clubs, rival sporting codes where they have had success or someone who had shown a proven ability to turn a struggling business around and to achieve succees
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  2. #82
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,755
    You blokes realise the bloke who ran the Pissants is a 'failed' ex-NRL club exec?

    Seemed to handle the change just fine.

    But anyway I get it we need the gypo or we're doomed etc etc etc

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    We could give the gig to blokes like Andy Roberts The Griff etc blokes who run small businesses and no the local football community etc

    Problem is that didn't work with Baartz and running a small business and a football club are chalk and cheese
    Plague I distinctly remember you having a massive shot at me when I suggested that running a suit shop wouldn't cut it at a CEO level. Where's the hate mail being directed at the member after this comment? surely this would have you trembling with rage.

  4. #84
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I am not taking you to a casino anytime soon Gaz. Being negative may not help but being positive won't help either, that's why it's called a gamble instead of an educated guess. I'd much rather expect the lovely lady to take my money and then trudge away when the inevitable happens than be crushed when i don't leave with 1 pocket full of money and the other overflowing with pussy... It's called being a realist.

    Also, calling out the person that has been nominated as not being good enough isn't perpetual negativity. It's called not accepting everything thrown in our faces. If he comes in and does well than i will be happily proven wrong, but nothing so far has been put forward that makes me think he will excel in this position. That's my opinion, that's also the point of this thread.

    If you want to fap over Mckinna start an appreciation thread. I'll keep my 'negative' comments over here waiting for plague to come back over to the swingset so we can hang out and throw stones at the coasties streaming new episodes of GOT over the Maccas free Wi-Fi...

    Its perpetual negativity when adding all this shit to all the other shit spouted whenever the club make any move.
    This blokes not even announced and he's being death

    Dead set David Dein could be announced as the new CEO and people would argue he's done nothing in Australia.


    And it does move the needle.
    Negativity around this potential move has already been reported in the media... Hardly the type of reception potential sponsors want to get involved with. It all adds up, otherwise why turn up on match day and make noise? If anything we do makes no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

  5. #85
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,717
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Its perpetual negativity when adding all this shit to all the other shit spouted whenever the club make any move.
    This blokes not even announced and he's being death

    Dead set David Dein could be announced as the new CEO and people would argue he's done nothing in Australia.


    And it does move the needle.
    Negativity around this potential move has already been reported in the media... Hardly the type of reception potential sponsors want to get involved with. It all adds up, otherwise why turn up on match day and make noise? If anything we do makes no difference.
    So put the link up where our negativity on the foz has been reported in the media.

    I am intrigued to see how much of an effect me Frodo and Plague are having by drinking the No to Gypos Kool Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  6. #86
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I was born in 1912 in a barn outside of cornwall to eskimo parents who were also founding members of the Beatles... Therefore everything i type from here on out is blown straight from own arse, just like everything else posted on this forum.
    Obviously went over your head didn't it - I have been a fan, member, businessman and more with KB United, Rosebud, Breakers and Jets since inception. I have seen how everything works in Australian football and Newy in particular. That said I don't have the answers but leave it to the ones that know better. Like most we want what's best for our club and as Ken Arthurson once said when Manly and Norths were forced to merge "if you are gonna be raped you may as well try and enjoy it".

    Just sick of "the guy is a Gypo so he must be s***" routine - the negativity achieves nothing. Let the new owner decide, make his appointments and then we criticize based on performance. The Gypo thing is great fun on derby day etc but let's be honest - the Central Coast Mariners have been more successful on the field than the Newcastle Jets, end of (so ban me)....if their model was based in Newcastle things would be alot rosier now as off the field, we are pound for pound the strongest in the country. If we can tap into some of that off field know how so be it.

    Anything now is a gamble - community model, local business consortium (tried before), Griffo takeover combination of all - any of these could succeed or plunge the club into extinction. Let's go with the flow and see what transpires over the next 12 months.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    If anything we do makes no difference.
    I am 100% certain that anything i do, other than lighting flares, has absolutely no effect on this club...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Its perpetual negativity when adding all this shit to all the other shit spouted whenever the club make any move.
    This blokes not even announced and he's being death

    Dead set David Dein could be announced as the new CEO and people would argue he's done nothing in Australia.


    And it does move the needle.
    Negativity around this potential move has already been reported in the media... Hardly the type of reception potential sponsors want to get involved with. It all adds up, otherwise why turn up on match day and make noise? If anything we do makes no difference.
    I agree Gaz, seems to be a lot of wasted energy being directed towards a possible impending announcement on the new CEO but what do you expect when you look at the threads on this Forum and you see the amount of pages for example debated on who is the better GK between Birraz and BK FFS!....58 fckn pages!!!

    The whole....McKinna is a Gypo... is starting to wear a bit thin.
    He is a born and bred Scotsman now naturalised Aussie who has spent a part of his life "football journey" journey on the Central Coast....it doesn't define everything who is as a person and a man.

    If he is announced as the CEO as widely tipped, because as rumoured new owner Martin Lee wants him to be the man, all the bitching, complaining and moaning is not going to make one iota of difference.
    Whatever happened to the good old ideal of "giving someone a fair go"?

  9. #89
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Obviously went over your head didn't it - I have been a fan, member, businessman and more with KB United, Rosebud, Breakers and Jets since inception. I have seen how everything works in Australian football and Newy in particular. That said I don't have the answers but leave it to the ones that know better. Like most we want what's best for our club and as Ken Arthurson once said when Manly and Norths were forced to merge "if you are gonna be raped you may as well try and enjoy it".

    Just sick of "the guy is a Gypo so he must be s***" routine - the negativity achieves nothing. Let the new owner decide, make his appointments and then we criticize based on performance. The Gypo thing is great fun on derby day etc but let's be honest - the Central Coast Mariners have been more successful on the field than the Newcastle Jets, end of (so ban me)....if their model was based in Newcastle things would be alot rosier now as off the field, we are pound for pound the strongest in the country. If we can tap into some of that off field know how so be it.

    Anything now is a gamble - community model, local business consortium (tried before), Griffo takeover combination of all - any of these could succeed or plunge the club into extinction. Let's go with the flow and see what transpires over the next 12 months.
    It didn't go over my head, i just thought i'd take you down from your pedestal a little bit. Essentially we are saying the same thing from different sides of the coin, albeit i'm adding a bit of Gypo banter.

    People can't get cranky about me bagging out McKinna so early when they are blowing his trumpet just as quickly. He hasn't been appointed yet, so no-one has any moral high ground about the club or history or anything other than Lawrie himself. If people can say how good a job he's done in the past i am allowed to call bullshit and say that all this talk of how well they were run in non-consequential now. Times were different back then and football moves forward pretty quickly. The club that he was involved with had next to no employees and managed to be competitive on the field in a league that has a salary cap, that's great. The salary cap really doesn't matter nowadays and the size of the league has grown so much that teams like us and the Gypos are being left behind because of poor management. Asking for more than that isn't being negative or being petty about rivalries. It's called actually giving a crap about where our club is going.
    I don't want 'he's good enough' i want 'he's the best man for the job'!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #90
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,755
    Quote Originally Posted by gazfish35 View Post
    dead set david dein could be announced as the new ceo

    dein out!!!!

  11. #91
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Plague I distinctly remember you having a massive shot at me when I suggested that running a suit shop wouldn't cut it at a CEO level. Where's the hate mail being directed at the member after this comment? surely this would have you trembling with rage.
    Because responding to the shit the good Member posts would make me just as big a sucker as the people who respond to the shit I post.


    ya feel me?

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Because responding to the shit the good Member posts would make me just as big a sucker as the people who respond to the shit I post.


    ya feel me?
    Am I supposed to respond?

  13. #93
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Am I supposed to respond?
    We'll see here is the conumdrum.
    Once you work me out, I can be quite the pleasant and entertaining chap.

    But if you keep going down the same old path, then all you'll get is frustrated.

  14. #94
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Am I supposed to respond?
    You can if you wish but I thought it was a rhetorical question
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  15. #95
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,755
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    but what do you expect when you look at the threads on this Forum and you see the amount of pages for example debated on who is the better GK between Birraz and BK FFS!....58 fckn pages!!!
    Nawwww man seriously stopper this is the saddest post in the history of the Foz.

    The bk/Biraz thread is the very essence of what the Foz should be, and it delivers time and time again.

    If you don't get that man you gotta step away and get some fresh air.
    Come back with a clear head and it will all reveal itself.

    Trust me.

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Thread is being over taken by popularity feelgood merchants. pick me for the gold logie, im fighting for whats socially popular right now




  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It didn't go over my head, i just thought i'd take you down from your pedestal a little bit. Essentially we are saying the same thing from different sides of the coin, albeit i'm adding a bit of Gypo banter.

    People can't get cranky about me bagging out McKinna so early when they are blowing his trumpet just as quickly. He hasn't been appointed yet, so no-one has any moral high ground about the club or history or anything other than Lawrie himself. If people can say how good a job he's done in the past i am allowed to call bullshit and say that all this talk of how well they were run in non-consequential now. Times were different back then and football moves forward pretty quickly. The club that he was involved with had next to no employees and managed to be competitive on the field in a league that has a salary cap, that's great. The salary cap really doesn't matter nowadays and the size of the league has grown so much that teams like us and the Gypos are being left behind because of poor management. Asking for more than that isn't being negative or being petty about rivalries. It's called actually giving a crap about where our club is going.
    I don't want 'he's good enough' i want 'he's the best man for the job'!
    Fair comment mate, don't always agree with you but can't see I disagree too much of what you are saying here.

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Thread is being over taken by popularity feelgood merchants. pick me for the gold logie, im fighting for whats socially popular right now



    Suppose the Alan Jones', Miranda Devine's, Andrew Bolt's etc. are more your "style"?

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    We'll see here is the conumdrum.
    Once you work me out, I can be quite the pleasant and entertaining chap.

    But if you keep going down the same old path, then all you'll get is frustrated.
    Had you worked out a while ago. Just enjoy watching people walk the path you mention.

  20. #100
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Had you worked out a while ago. Just enjoy watching people walk the path you mention.
    Ta.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •