Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gypo CEO Death Riding Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Plague may very well be full of himself but a simple search back 1 whole page would of showed you who asked the question..

So, I'll help you out here.. Member you were shown evidence that what we are saying on here is somehow making waves in the media, however tedious we may be using the term in this instance. Are you happy to concede the point to Gaz or do you have something else to retort so that Stopper2 can be cranky with you..
    Hey hey hey

I never disputed Gaz Fish was right. I was just asking for a link as I hadn't seen it.

I go listen to it now for some education etc

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    DFS pod interview with Gardiner from Herald last week.
    Yeah so I listened to it.

There was nothing about anyone blowing up about Gypo CEO

Just a small remark that some fans were unhappy about the Coffs Harbour game idea.

Hardly breathtaking insight and I touched if my ranting on the foz made the media in this way

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    You should have got into politics mate, read into that whatever you wish.
    Hey look my brother we are cool cool just remember if you're gonna come, come correct.

That's all I ask.
    I dish out the dap when warranted but if you're gonna short sheet your own bed then that's on you.

Now, have we sacked this bloke yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Hardly breathtaking insight and I touched if my ranting on the foz made the media in this way
    Wait, so we're still irrelevant?

Goddamnit. Much work to do.........

Appolgies. I clearly got the topic of your perpetual negativity wrong.

My point still stands, all this negative shit adds up.

Like aggregated marginal gains.
    We seem full of aggregated marginal losses.

http://lifehacker.com/the-value-of-m...ins-1514453003
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Ok let's switch this up a bit.
    Mr Fish, why are you so set on this bloke being the right guy?
    Because between giggling like school girls some blokes on here have made some valid points as to why he 'shouldn't' be in the job (and they have nowt to do with his gyponess).

Yet others inc your good self don't 'seem' to want to hear any contrary opinion.

So in short. Do you want this bloke?
    (If so) Why do you want him?

Banned

Like aggregated marginal gains.
    We seem full of aggregated marginal losses.

http://lifehacker.com/the-value-of-m...ins-1514453003
    So as a man of religion rather than science I will try taking on board this 1% improvement stuff

So if Millertime improves everything by 1% then we make the Top 4 next season??

Just as Lester improved everything by 1% and won the EPL??

Just as if me Plague and Frodo drink 1% more kool aid the Gypo CEO never eventuates ???

Bottoms Up

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ok let's switch this up a bit.
    Mr Fish, why are you so set on this bloke being the right guy?
    Because between giggling like school girls some blokes on here have made some valid points as to why he 'shouldn't' be in the job (and they have nowt to do with his gyponess).

Yet others inc your good self don't 'seem' to want to hear any contrary opinion.

So in short. Do you want this bloke?
    (If so) Why do you want him?

I'm not set on this bloke being the right guy.
    I'm set on constant negativity doing nothing to help the club.

He's done nothing to suggest he can't help the club grow.
    The two clubs he's been actively involved in recently, and in challenging times (the final years of the nsl and the start up years of the current hooha) were successful while his involvement existed. He's no doubt learned from those experiences and can probably bring some worthwhile actions to the club.

I'm happy to hear contrary arguments but all I've heard is "he's a gypo" and the "two clubs he was once involved with are now shit"... Despite the reasons for those two clubs demise being far more complicated than his involvement (rangers deal falling through) and with the mariners recent fall being well after his involvement ceased.

Using that logic Brian Clough must have been rubbish given notts.forest's current status.

Granted he might not be the best bloke going but I've never said he's the answer to all our problems, I'd love to see murphy back, I'd love to see george Liolio back, or a new owner throw massive coin at Tsatamis, or chase a bloke named Tim Thorne currently at cronulla sharks and entice him back to football, mr lee could use his electrical lighting industry connections and get someone from the victory board to head north.

If you guys got out of your own way for a second and stopped arguing for the sake of arguing you'd realise all I've ever done is put forward the idea that death riding the bloke won't help anyone achieve anything, not that he's the second coming.

If his position is already decided, then supporting the bloke is the only option if we want to help create an environment where good things can happen for the club. That's the 1% we can control. Positive talk around town helps create something that more people want to get involved in, be it fans, or sponsors, or ultimately better players. I've been told by so many I talk to at games, on matchday, at the recent active support forum and elsewhere online that the perpetual negative crap keeps people away from the forums, away from feeling part of something bigger than all us and in my opinion ultimately contributes to the club being held back from achieving it's potential.

As soon as he comes out and suggests a merger with CCM, I'll bring the paraffin and the pitchfork sharpener.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

The two clubs he's been actively involved in recently, and in challenging times (the final years of the nsl and the start up years of the current hooha) were successful while his involvement existed. He's no doubt learned from those experiences and can probably bring some worthwhile actions to the club.

I'm happy to hear contrary arguments but all I've heard is "he's a gypo" and the "two clubs he was once involved with are now shit"... Despite the reasons for those two clubs demise being far more complicated than his involvement (rangers deal falling through) and with the mariners recent fall being well after his involvement ceased.

Using that logic Brian Clough must have been rubbish given notts.forest's current status.

Granted he might not be the best bloke going but I've never said he's the answer to all our problems, I'd love to see murphy back, I'd love to see george Liolio back, or a new owner throw massive coin at Tsatamis, or chase a bloke named Tim Thorne currently at cronulla sharks and entice him back to football, mr lee could use his electrical lighting industry connections and get someone from the victory board to head north.

If you guys got out of your own way for a second and stopped arguing for the sake of arguing you'd realise all I've ever done is put forward the idea that death riding the bloke won't help anyone achieve anything, not that he's the second coming.

If his position is already decided, then supporting the bloke is the only option if we want to help create an environment where good things can happen for the club. That's the 1% we can control. Positive talk around town helps create something that more people want to get involved in, be it fans, or sponsors, or ultimately better players. I've been told by so many I talk to at games, on matchday, at the recent active support forum and elsewhere online that the perpetual negative crap keeps people away from the forums, away from feeling part of something bigger than all us and in my opinion ultimately contributes to the club being held back from achieving it's potential.

As soon as he comes out and suggests a merger with CCM, I'll bring the paraffin and the pitchfork sharpener.
    5 star post. This whole argument has been the epitomy of arguing for the sake of arguing.

This is the first time during this argument that you've actually put forward some ideas, and low and behold you make some good points. Well done.

Firstly, it hasn't been announced by anyone that he is working for the Jets. So until such time as that happens no one can use the 'we need to support our guy' argument just yet, i'm sorry but whispers from friends of friends don't count as truths just yet. Especially in the football world which is more fickle than most.

So, if we take that out of consideration essentially some of us think he doesn't have the experience necessary to succeed in a position this size. Not because he lives in a caravan but because his CV isn't strong enough to prove itself.

Some of you also think that he has done enough in the past to earn the right to have the gig, fair enough we don't have to agree.

However.. you don't get to hold the high ground because you see this as a glass half full scenario. Get off your high horse and put forward some facts that back up your opinions and then read ours and move on.

Plague is a serial pest, he's also a cereal pest, as we all know so just don't take his bait and you'll get some good conversation from him. The Member knows hows to argue better than most. But just because we get a bit passionate don't let that stop you from put in your 2 cents. Just back it up with fact and then no one can say anything against you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

ok see now this is a good post and something i enjoyed reading.

the only thing i might add is that (to me) there is a very clear and distinct line between blokes questioning his appointment on ability (warranted) vs the the whole 'he's a gypo' thing.

if people can't see the humour and outright silliness of that line of outrage then I'm sorry but they're either not doing a good enough job or people are taking it far too seriously.

now i can understand that people want to sing the songs, wear the kit and get the tattoos and stuff and they love the club and they love the game. but theres also a bunch of people out there (myself included) that just see it as a game and a bunch of dudes in matching shirts kicking a ball. neither of us is incorrect in our approach to the game, but we should also be able to have a bit of a laugh at each others expense every now and then. i mean come on, you guys have seen the Lester City thread right? the fact people fell for that means they deserve a good ribbing.

i don't see any negativity at all on this page. i see people trying to be funny. whether that hits the mark or not is subjective. i personally don't care about McKinna, nor do i care about how the sausage is made. i will turn up on game day if the thought of going to the game at that time appeals to me. its that simple. I'm all for the involvement you guys put in, and i honestly hope the club becomes what you want it to be. but just along the way see the funny side of things, life is too short.

now, do you have any spare paraffin?????
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned

So you are talking about negativity being a big thorn in the side of all things Newy

Well I will throw up something else that is the thorn of Newy

Our desire to bend over and take second best

Supporting this bloke I see is a sign someone is accepting second best.
    I want success for this club. I not think we need to sign any old Tom Dick or Harry for the job as CEO

With a new owner coming in we have a chance to achieve some success with the new beginning

To do this I believe we need a highly competent experienced CEO. Not anyone. We need the best that money or Me Lee's money can buy

I am yet to be convinced this bloke is even close to the best available and no where near the best we can get.

To readily welcome him with open arms to me is bending over and accepting second best.

His ties to the Gypos are the least of the issue and just part of the sub plot so stop focusing on that

Also if you think I am constantly negative go read the bit where I expect us to finish top 4 next season
    That not negative that is positive.
    It is me not accepting second best and putting a level of expectation on the club that they are capable of achieving

If the club not want people being negative how about they get their house in order and give us something by actually achieving rather than constantly offering up excuses for failing??

He's come to us. Not gone to them.
    He's seen the light.

Jeterpool how many jerks have gone south to them? And how many have come from them to us?

Some of the greatest rivalries around the world have been heightened by players and mangers switching. We should enjoy the new twist in the rivalry and help it build the derby. He's clearly someone respected by fans on the coast so let's ****ing give it to them by welcoming him with open arms and make them pay for letting him go. He's one of us know.

Let's not let hm coming turn into more insipid cutting down of the club. It'd only help them, not us.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do, the people I know who have dealt wth him in the past speak incredibly highly of him.
    I know I'm a bit late to this point but still...

Moved from Gypos to us - Sasho Petrovski, Noel Spencer, Nigel Boogaard (via Adelaide), Marcos Flores,

Played for us before playing for the Gypos - Liam Reddy, Troy Hearfield, Matthew Nash,
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Plague is a serial pest, he's also a cereal pest, as we all know so just don't take his bait and you'll get some good conversation from him.
    oh man i just went and typed out a bunch of words then you hit everyone with that.

Damn you Frodo, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Also if you think I am constantly negative go read the bit where I expect us to finish top 4 next season
    That not negative that is positive.
    It is me not accepting second best
    well technically you are accepting anywhere up to 4th best but i see your point carry on etc etc.
    Last edited by plague; 10-05-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Well well just in the last few hours the news is that Lawrie McKinna has stepped down from the Lord Mayor position of Gosford!

Banned
    Well well just in the last few hours the news is that Lawrie McKinna has stepped down from the Lord Mayor position of Gosford!
    Rightio

Plague and Frodo time to start skulling the kool aid boys

5 5 5

Not quite. Wyong and gosford councils have been amalgamated with both elected councils dissolved and an administrator appointed to manage the merger.

He didn't step down (although I do seem to recall gosford was supportive of the amalgamation process).

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    5 star post. This whole argument has been the epitomy of arguing for the sake of arguing.
    of course. Classic offseason talk, peeps be going spare. how sh1te is old bagpipes mckinna ay

btw Plagues truth bombs are killer, who is this bloke

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Not quite. Wyong and gosford councils have been amalgamated with both elected councils dissolved and an administrator appointed to manage the merger.

He didn't step down (although I do seem to recall gosford was supportive of the amalgamation process).
    Lawrie McKinna announcing on his Instagram/Twitter account today:
    "Saying goodbye to my chains, it's been a great 4 years as Mayor of Gosford City and I would like to thank everyone who helped me in an amazing journey with Gosford City Council. We achieved so much in a short time and I am proud of what we have achieved".

.....sounds like stepping down to me!