Thread: A League Game Week Three

A League Game Week Three

The Mariners are top of the table and there is genuine progress with the Jets ownership situation, better check the skies because pigs may be flying. I finally got around to making a video as well https://youtu.be/qfbfdfb67yg, hell might just freeze over, who knows what we're instore for after 2020...

Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney Wanderers (7pm AEDT 8/1)

This will be a very interesting game, Carl returns to Newcastle, and the Wanderers are (partially) paying our bills. There will certainly be some noise made by the locals. Both teams come off derby losses, just to add even more spice to this one, and will going hard for their first win of the season. The Wanderers played reasonably well against Macarthur but, for the most part, their attackers were less impactful than expected. Tate Russell caused a lot of issues down the right side of attack so Connor O’Toole will have a busy night ahead of him. The Jets conceded a soft goal that cost them the game, but this is far from an unusual occurrence for them. Newcastle were competitive but the Wanderers, with more game time together, must be favourites for this one, but stranger things have already happened this season…

The Wanderers to get the win, but it will not be an easy win, 2-1.

Macarthur FC v Wellington Phoenix (5pm AEDT 9/1)

Macarthur lost to the Mariners; Wellington lost to Sydney FC. Both teams will be keen to put those results behind them. Wellington were very good against Sydney FC, they pushed them all the way and were probably a little unlucky not to get a point out of the game. They still have players coming into the squad, Ulises Davila and Tomer Hemed will see more game time going forward, they should just keep getting better. Macarthur, what happened, 70 percent possession resulting in zero goals. They just could not breakdown a Mariners team determined not to concede. This game should be a wonderful watch, both teams play attacking football and will test their quality.

I am going to play it conservatively here and tip a draw, 1-1.

Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Victory (6pm AEDT 10/1)

Hey, wait a minute, didn’t these two just play each other last week? Melbourne showed glimpses of potential, McManaman looks to be a good signing and scored a screamer, but Brisbane were the better team with both Dylan Wenzel-Halls and Scott McDonald putting away goals and playing well together. I do not think there will be any dramatic change that will overturn last week’s result, Victory losing Rojas is going to hurt them.

Brisbane should be too good for them again, 2-0.

Currently riding at 37.5% in the predictions, hopefully we get that average up this round!

What do you fellow jerkos think? Man, I really want to beat the snakes, I mean Wanderers...

Bris v MV now postponed
    Picking a win to Macarthur in the other game
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

VAR.....hahahaha.

Mr Bean the ref under siege.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 09-01-2021 at 06:39 PM.

3 terrible things from Bulls v Phoenix.
    VAR sending Rufer off
    Ridenton carrying on like a little bitch
    Only 7 minutes added time played

I tell you what, other that the obvious ‘I called it’ flex, I can’t remember a more consistently entertaining start to the A-League.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    VAR.....hahahaha.

Mr Bean the ref under siege.
    That gets you sent off, but bozanic's challenge last week doesn't. And genreau is the guy that goes in studs first first!