Thread: A League Game Week Two

A League Game Week Two

Yep, I'm gonna keep doing this.

A-League Game Week 2:

After going 50% last round, with Macarthur and Melbourne City both picking up wins for us, the attention turns to the four games this Saturday and Sunday.

Wellington Phoenix v Sydney FC (5pm AEDT 2/1)

Both teams will be looking to get off the mark with a win, Sydney have arguably the biggest out in the league with the loss of Adam Le Fondre and will have to replace the 15+ goals he put away each season. Wellington also have some major outs as well, losing Gary Hooper, Steven Taylor and Liberato Cacace. The outs for Wellington will be too much in my opinion and we should see the champions starting 2021 with 3 points.

Sydney should be too good on go on to win, 1-0.

Melbourne Victory v Brisbane Roar (7pm AEDT 2/1)

Melbourne Victory aka rocks or diamonds, they were atrocious last season finishing only above the Mariners. In saying that, I’m tipping them to come good this season after making some (potentially) solid signings in Rudy Gestede and Callum McManaman and solidifying their squad. They rarely struggle two years in a row, but the lack of experienced manager and unknown factors around their imports could be their downfall if they do struggle, a (seemingly) forever injured Robbie Kruse doesn’t help the cause either. The roar are still a bit a bit fresh and the combinations aren’t quite clicking yet. However, they played reasonably well against city and they’ll be even better again after a solid outing.

This is a genuine guess of a prediction, but I’m going with a 2-1 Melbourne Victory win in front of their home fans. Surely they can’t be that rubbish again, can they?

Macarthur FC v Central Coast Mariners (4pm AEDT 3/1)

Macarthur will make a statement against the coast, the western Sydney derby compared to the F3 derby was like watching two games in completely different leagues. Macarthur out possessed, out passed and out played the Wanderers, with some help of some glorious goalkeeping from Adam Federici. More game time for Susaeta and Benat is a terrifying prospect for a Central Coast team that stole a goal to get the win against a understrength Jets team. Mark Birighitti will have to pull out some more solid saves this game, it’s going to take more than resilience to get something out of this one for the Mariners.

Macarthur FC to win, 3-0.

Adelaide United v Melbourne City (6pm AEDT 3/1)

Luna (Suspended), Nabbout (Hamstring - 6 Weeks). Melbourne City’s squad depth is already facing its first test and they’re up against an impressive Adelaide United team that is going to look to take all three points off them. A youthful Adelaide United were impressive against a reasonably strong, although ultimately toothless, Western United team and they should be pushing for a finals finish. City probably should of won by more but Luna received a red card so City just proceeded to hold on for the win rather than chase another goal.

This should be a nice close game so I’m tipping a draw, 1-1.

What do you fellow jerkos think is going to happen this round?
    Last edited by Clarkey; 05-01-2021 at 01:34 PM.

I must say I admire your enthusiasm.

Nice shot. Not bad for a debut goal.

Sydney are wonderful.

Them bells are going to get real annoying real quick.

The new vuvuzelas.

Wife has made me turn the sound down....too much cowbell.

I feel like our odds of winning the spoon are getting stronger. Mariners look a far better team this year.

Birraz thinks he's kicking for touch? Bloke can't keep it in when he kicks to his left.

Good work clisby. Smart move theatrically falling over the fence.

Thanks heaps. I threw this one together pretty quick though, hence the ordinary standard of writing.

Who would of actually called the Mariners getting a comfortable win over the cows? This year is going to be a wild one!

Mariners will win the league.

1 from 4, gross week. The games were pretty good to watch though.