Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Martin Lee OUT

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Bullshit he is keeping us just so he can lose more cash

First decent offer he is out if hete
    Yeah, we better get a good DVD of last season. We aren't doing much for awhile until someone else stupid enough to buy us comes along.

Fold the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

funny no mention of Trump easing threats on China due to some tariff concessions.
    So maybe its not all doom and gloom for Mr Lee (aside from owning the Jets that is).
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

maybe Wests can buy us with a Tinkler MkII motive to f*ck us over completely...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

I just bought an LED bulb from a competitor, Ledvance, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah, we better get a good DVD of last season.
    When did the Jets stop using VHS ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    When did the Jets stop using VHS ?
    And here I was assuming they were using Betamax..

Share Price forecasts for Ledman are hardly inspiring.

Look at some charts and check the trend over the last five years - this company is in freefall.

https://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/chart/300162.SZ

Goto the link and click on the little clock and set it to 5 years to see what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 30-04-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Share Price forecasts for Ledman are hardly inspiring.

Look at some charts and check the trend over the last five years - this company is in freefall.

https://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/chart/300162.SZ

Goto the link and click on the little clock and set it to 5 years to see what I'm talking about.
    Dip seems to match up perfectly with the day he offered Boogs the extension.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Bullshit he is keeping us just so he can lose more cash

First decent offer he is out if hete
    Bingo

The Chinese Light salesman wants out

Hopefully he sells up soon and we can be rid if the Gypo CEO to boot

I've been thinking quite hard about our situation for the last few weeks and I'm genuinely concerned about our long-term viability. The club is starting to again develop the same stench we have had with previous owners, with the obvious cost-cutting approach again consigning us to being run on the smell of an oily rag.

While I'm not saying that Ledman Group are not paying their bills or their players, but we aren't actively investing in the structure of the club. Youth coach leaves, assistant coach leaves, meeting minimum requirements for squad size, willingness to let a forward leave unpaid to pursue a rap career, removing the links with Everything Football. As one-off instances it's not an issue, but as a broader picture it's all about balancing the budget. We certainly failed to build on the season of success we had 2 years back.

We know Mr Lee wants to sell the club. So if we get to a point where we need to be bailed out again, I fear this time we won't. There's now interest from would-be expansion clubs and choosing one of them might be the easier option.

What do we actually bring the League? Andrew Howe calculated each team's performance over the last 10 years and unsurprisingly we were the worst performers. We used to be able to rely on our crowds, however we have had a crowd >10000 just once in the last 12 months and the crowd figures are declining despite having 11000 members. These are some of the metrics Wellington were judged by - so when will they apply to us? We can't rely on the often-used argument that "the Hunter is a footballing region and has footballing heritage".

I'm worried the apathy around the club, particularly from the fans, is returning. We've been up and fought for the club before - I wonder if we have it in us to do it all again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I've been thinking quite hard about our situation for the last few weeks and I'm genuinely concerned about our long-term viability. The club is starting to again develop the same stench we have had with previous owners, with the obvious cost-cutting approach again consigning us to being run on the smell of an oily rag.

While I'm not saying that Ledman Group are not paying their bills or their players, but we aren't actively investing in the structure of the club. Youth coach leaves, assistant coach leaves, meeting minimum requirements for squad size, willingness to let a forward leave unpaid to pursue a rap career, removing the links with Everything Football. As one-off instances it's not an issue, but as a broader picture it's all about balancing the budget. We certainly failed to build on the season of success we had 2 years back.

We know Mr Lee wants to sell the club. So if we get to a point where we need to be bailed out again, I fear this time we won't. There's now interest from would-be expansion clubs and choosing one of them might be the easier option.

What do we actually bring the League? Andrew Howe calculated each team's performance over the last 10 years and unsurprisingly we were the worst performers. We used to be able to rely on our crowds, however we have had a crowd >10000 just once in the last 12 months and the crowd figures are declining despite having 11000 members. These are some of the metrics Wellington were judged by - so when will they apply to us? We can't rely on the often-used argument that "the Hunter is a footballing region and has footballing heritage".

I'm worried the apathy around the club, particularly from the fans, is returning. We've been up and fought for the club before - I wonder if we have it in us to do it all again.
    It is a real concern and i had a discussion with my young bloke just the other day about the clubs future and how things look from a outsiders perspective not from a club official or supporter perspective and would there ever be pressure to only have one club north of Sydney. This is by no means my personal opinion but the powers that be may very well believe that maintaining the status quo north of Sydney with two seperate clubs is not working and that maybe a more successful approach would be a single entity play out of the area to the north of Sydney.

I would not put anything past Martin Lee and Charlesworth and the bean counters who would effectively get to sell another license to say the ACT or Wollongong Wolves. You don't need to be a genius to know the club is going to take at min a 2 thousand hit to the membership numbers next season if the same cost cutting approach is adopted for next season.

Clubs need more say in how the competition is run and about rules relating to sponsorships, relegation, and so on.
    Because without that, taking on a non capital city franchise looks like a lot of risk for little reward.

who was working on the member ownership model a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    who was working on the member ownership model a few years back?
    As long as they are a Milliner with a degree in Aeronautical Engineering I'm happy.

Clubs need more say in how the competition is run and about rules relating to sponsorships, relegation, and so on.
    Because without that, taking on a non capital city franchise looks like a lot of risk for little reward.
    Didn't this commence this season ?.

Banned

Do you really think though the HAL in its current form is gonna go on for much longer??

I don't

It has basically reached its zenith and it is all down hill

The only thing that can be done is put more teams in capital cities

Guess what no one gives a **** about Franchise SW Sydney or Western Melburn

So what effect is putting more teams in gonna have ??
    Little

The biggest issue I see going forward is the impending player wage cut that is coming

Foxtel ain't paying the money they did in the past. No other ****s is gonna step in either

So where are the club's gonna find the money to pay 3 million out on wages

I reckon there are bigger issues at play than The Jets being shit

Enjoy what we got while we can

But the reality is we need to drain the pond again

Western United are falling apart as well. They've held up the new stadium build because of finances. They lost their assistant coach and their head scout. Scott McDonald supposedly went unpaid and used the PFA to get him out of their so quick that he ended up happy to be moving to Roar.

Things are not looking good round here.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Western United are falling apart as well. They've held up the new stadium build because of finances. They lost their assistant coach and their head scout. Scott McDonald supposedly went unpaid and used the PFA to get him out of their so quick that he ended up happy to be moving to Roar.

Things are not looking good round here.
    The stadium deal was a load of BS to start with

The thing was always contingent on land sales and housing subdivisions going ahead and that requires approval through the regulatory bureaucracies

So I don't know why anyone bought their stadium pitch hook line n sinker as it about on par with a politicians election promise for reliability

This was predictable and the main reason the FFA should have backed Canberra or another genuinely viable bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    This was predictable and the main reason the FFA should have backed Canberra or another genuinely viable bid.
    Very true, However and i am happy to be corrected but didn't Fox use some financial leverage over the broke , busted and dysfunctional FFA to the tune of a few mill to select the teams they did so Fox could promote more Derbies.

For the life of me i can't believe the other bids have not pursued this.