Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase in Season Tickets

Increase in Season Tickets

The Herald has had a Poll running for a day or two asking:
    Do you think the ticket price increases are fair?
    Up until 3.30pm Monday afternoon, over 450 people had responded with 70% saying YES (increases are fair) with 30% saying NO...meaning they would like prices to remain the same.

Discuss

Expected. We were a shambles last season, if we weren't the cheapest in the comp we wouldn't have had near as many members as we did.

With a good pre-season, some good singings, we'll be over 10k. Just puts us more inline with the rest of the comp. Prices are still fair.

No issues with the prices going up, it had to happen as tinker had them so low. I think for us with a family of four Gold, it will be $80 a season more, which isn't that much in the scheme of things.

But its a hard sell to put ticket prices up and in the same move take away a home game and send it up the coast, particularly when its a big game. Probably would have sat a lot better with people if the number of games stayed the same and the ticket price went up.

The combination of the Coffs home game and the ticket increase has probably put people off more. Although anytime the price of anything goes up there is going to be a negative reaction from some areas.

Now is the best time to put the tickets up though. New Owner, new hope, people will give the club another chance.

Maybe if we stop having Clint's Crazy Bargains ticket prices, our product might be a little better.

Dont be too quick to pretend higher prices will be better. Tickets prices dont guarantee better results. Careful recruitment is the key. We could double the prices, pay overs for crap players and be no better off. We could also have low prices and the billionaire dip into his pockets for Marquees. Stop throwing away good beer money you cvnts

Not suggesting that higher prices automatically mean winning... but if higher prices leads to more available money to spend on outside the cap signings (moving BK and BK for instance or signing Joe Bloggs from the NPL) then I am all for it.

Spot on with signing shit though. Recruitment needs to be better but some of that is still dependent on cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Not suggesting that higher prices automatically mean winning... but if higher prices leads to more available money to spend on outside the cap signings (moving BK and BK for instance or signing Joe Bloggs from the NPL) then I am all for it.

Spot on with signing shit though. Recruitment needs to be better but some of that is still dependent on cash.
    True, im playing the devils A etc. And being a concerned senior, i just dont like seeing the kids go without a coldy on game day

Many in Newcastle have to get out of this "free-loader" mentality of expecting someone else to keep this club afloat.
    A Chinese businessman has just outlayed $5.5million of his own cash for our club but some in this town are whinging about paying a little extra to watch games and essentially support the club and keep it viable.
    Especially when you have the "pay by the month" option, really no excuse to make a stink about the price increase.

Would pay more for better beer
    ergo would pay more for better football.

But ain't paying shit for 'potential'

just fix the damn beer, is it that hard to get a shitload of tinnies and knock 'em out for 5 bucks a pop?

As long as the income from memberships is equal to or greater than last year, is okay.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Whatever happened to supply and demand economics?

People want tinnies at the football, the tinnies dry up.
    6000 in a 33k stadium, up the prices.
    Go jetties

We just need Chinese investment to invest in the stadium. Like the Port, buy it off the Govt. Then we can get rid of whatever dodgy catering deals have been done and get some real beer in.

I'll take a second ticket increase to see that happen, and buy a spare seat to put my beer on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    We just need Chinese investment to invest in the stadium. Like the Port, buy it off the Govt. Then we can get rid of whatever dodgy catering deals have been done and get some real beer in.

I'll take a second ticket increase to see that happen, and buy a spare seat to put my beer on.
    There are 33k seats in the stadium.

We are still shit

Plenty of seats for your beer

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    There are 33k seats in the stadium.

We are still shit

Plenty of seats for your beer
    I never said being smart with cash was a strong point of mine.

Its why I will never own a football team, even a shit one.

Surprised the jump wasn't more.

We've been paying unders for way too long.

I just hope it leads to more club staff and investing in the football department.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    just fix the damn beer, is it that hard to get a shitload of tinnies and knock 'em out for 5 bucks a pop?
    McKinna has just said on twitter he will look into the beer situation. Trying not to get excited, but this could be bigger than new owners.

who is that good looking (assumed) gent that asked that question?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    who is that good looking (assumed) gent that asked that question?
    I think you left out modest

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    McKinna has just said on twitter he will look into the beer situation. Trying not to get excited, but this could be bigger than new owners.
    On its way...