Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase in Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by hawk;1***30
    Change seats then when the game kicks off sit where ever you like
    The club mentioned in the last member's committee meeting they are cracking down on Concessions and checking tickets a lot closer this year. That includes sitting in allocated seating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool;1***34
    The club mentioned in the last member's committee meeting they are cracking down on Concessions and checking tickets a lot closer this year. That includes sitting in allocated seating.
    How would they police the Concession part? I'm a full paying member for the Jets but can say that I've purchased Knights tickets at kiddies prices because **** those guys and no way I'm paying full price for that shit. Scan on the way in. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool;1***34
    I certainly hope so - pissed me off no end seeing countless Mariners, Smurf and Wanderers fans sitting in gold seating unchallenged to get out of the sun and knowing the score locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948;1***43
    How would they police the Concession part? I'm a full paying member for the Jets but can say that I've purchased Knights tickets at kiddies prices because **** those guys and no way I'm paying full price for that shit. Scan on the way in. That's it.
    The back of the tickets are coloured dependant on area and ticket type
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

so my silver seat has become gold, bay 52, so now I pay $125 extra, wheres my discount jets for being loyal, wheres my notice that this may happen, if I'm paying for gold I want gold seats, nearly every game last year I had to remove free loaders from my seat, not happy jan

Cracking down on people gaming the system?
    They have a bunch of Chadwicks models at the freaking gates watching people scan tickets.

They don't know where the hell they are let alone what they hell they are supposed to be doing.

Although it only affects a couple of bays the club have stuffed up here. Large groups of people have had those same silver seats since day one and some of the loyalest fans are in those two bays. There has been no indication or consult that these would be upgraded.

And where is the necessity? Are the current gold seats all taken and at this stage of the season how do you know if they will be until memberships are in? I see no reason for a larger upturn in demand just yet and it would make sense to fill up the gold seats already available before allocating more.

All of a sudden I have to try and find an extra $400 to cover everybody in a few weeks or move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster;1***69
    Although it only affects a couple of bays the club have stuffed up here. Large groups of people have had those same silver seats since day one and some of the loyalest fans are in those two bays. There has been no indication or consult that these would be upgraded.

And where is the necessity? Are the current gold seats all taken and at this stage of the season how do you know if they will be until memberships are in? I see no reason for a larger upturn in demand just yet and it would make sense to fill up the gold seats already available before allocating more.

All of a sudden I have to try and find an extra $400 to cover everybody in a few weeks or move.
    Yep. I'm probably downgrading to GA. I'll miss the people I've got to meet and know over the last 5 years but as Sammydog said - if I'm going for gold I'm moving further towards the middle.

Or might move upstairs

Also noticed that Bays 1, 11, 60 and 72 are "closed" so some good alternative options aren't available.

I'll be signing up for Foxtel rather than buy two memberships this season. Good thing I don't have any neighbors because I will no doubt be getting vocal when it all turns to shit before the Christmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed;1***64
    so my silver seat has become gold, bay 52, so now I pay $125 extra, wheres my discount jets for being loyal, wheres my notice that this may happen, if I'm paying for gold I want gold seats, nearly every game last year I had to remove free loaders from my seat, not happy jan
    This is your notice.
    Haven't we got a month to decide if we want to keep our seats?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster;1***72
    Also noticed that Bays 1, 11, 60 and 72 are "closed" so some good alternative options aren't available.
    They're pretty shit bays tbh.
    Club obviously trying to either make some money based on people wanting to be out of the sun or "encouraging" people back to the eastern so we don't look so damn empty.

I suppose it's the price we pay for having a club trying to get itself running in a financially stable way.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35;1***77
    I suppose it's the price we pay for having a club trying to get itself running in a financially stable way.
    I wonder how many people though in the affected seats will reconsider a full membership though.

I still don't see the demand for Gold seats being there to warrant increasing the allocation, maybe next season if/when things pick up, but I cant see an influx of members this season. Unless we get a few big signings Id be expecting at best we maintain last seasons numbers.

From a membership point of view, id expect a majority being GA with the proportions dropping through Red, Silver and Gold. This year Gold seating is by far the biggest allocation of seats. I think you are onto something with forcing people to the east for TV, otherwise its a second covert price rise forcing people to upgrade on top of the increase.

I suppose there's a demand for those seats.
    Maybe not those prices though.
    I'd not be keen to be in 58 paying the same as a bloke on halfway

Banned
    I moved about 8 seats further south a couple of years ago and paid half the price.

This season will be just buying a ticket in GA and sitting whereever the **** I like

Last season I never sat in my allotted seat once

Regarding empty seats seen on TV. Here's a crazy idea, film from the eastern fecking stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy;1***86
    Regarding empty seats seen on TV. Here's a crazy idea, film from the eastern fecking stand.
    Would the sunlight be an issue coming straight into the camera?

If not, plenty of space in the corporate box area to put the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog;1***87
    Would the sunlight be an issue coming straight into the camera?

If not, plenty of space in the corporate box area to put the cameras.
    Doesn't seem to be an issue in other venues or sports.
    during Cricket can you tell any difference in picture quality when they change overs?
    I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure Ammi park is filmed from the eastern side.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Cricket is usually filmed north to south or south the north.
    I always assumed most sports stadiums are oriented the same way so the players arent blinded by the sun.