Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Beer.

  1. #1
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421

    Beer.

    So, stopper reckons there's a beer thread.
    I couldn't find it.

    So I'll start one.

    Currently upset that I've just finished my last Pirate Life Pale ale, and that I might have to go buy some more. (It was a gift)

    http://piratelife.com.au


    A mate of a mate writes a decent blog on all things hipster craft brew
    https://craftykev.wordpress.com
    Worth a look if you're tired of the same old same old from the big guys.

    Anyway

    Pirate Life Pale Ale - my word, what nice drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,687
    There was definitely a beer thread on here. A hombrew one as well if I remember correctly.

    Pirate Life are good. I made the football club put Pirate Life Session IPA in the fridge or the ZPL games so I don't have to drink the usual sh!t. Really good for a 3.5% beer.

    My go to breweries through are Bridge Road, Brew Cult, Modus Operandi and Foghorn.

    On Foghorn, I like the Jets banner that they have in the roof there.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,231
    I spend a lot more time than I should at the Grain Store..
    Get to try a LOT of different craft beers there.. Have had a few of the Pirate Life (I believe it was the Peg Leg?? It was like 12% and destroyed us)..

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,115
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    There was definitely a beer thread on here. A hombrew one as well if I remember correctly.

    Pirate Life are good. I made the football club put Pirate Life Session IPA in the fridge or the ZPL games so I don't have to drink the usual sh!t. Really good for a 3.5% beer.

    My go to breweries through are Bridge Road, Brew Cult, Modus Operandi and Foghorn.

    On Foghorn, I like the Jets banner that they have in the roof there.
    There was a home brew thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I spend a lot more time than I should at the Grain Store..
    Get to try a LOT of different craft beers there.. Have had a few of the Pirate Life (I believe it was the Peg Leg?? It was like 12% and destroyed us)..
    Ive got a bottle of Samuel Adams Utopias at home. 750ml's of 29% evil.

  6. #6
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,834
    been enjoying Murray's Rude Boy recently

    looking for a nice easy drinking brown or red beer for the winter months - anyone got any suggestions for a quaffable ale?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,687
    My go to carton for camping is Mornington Pale Ale. Goes down a little too easily.

    What sort of Ales do you prefer? I like mine on the hoppy side rather than the malty english ales.

  8. #8
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,834
    Ideally I'd have something happy and malty but not too strongly flavoured so I can have it just as an everyday beer

    I think the only solution is for me to try many different types of beer to see which one I feel like drinking more of

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I think the only solution is for me to try many different types of beer to see which one I feel like drinking more of
    No flaws in that plan.

    If you like IPA's, Brewcults "Thanks Captain Obvious" is worth a look.

  10. #10
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    been enjoying Murray's Rude Boy recently

    looking for a nice easy drinking brown or red beer for the winter months - anyone got any suggestions for a quaffable ale?
    If you can get your hands on it Hunter Beer Co. Three Bears oatmeal Stout.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,231
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    If you can get your hands on it Hunter Beer Co. Three Bears oatmeal Stout.
    I've had a few different stouts at the Grainy of late, due to over-consumption I'm not 100% sure on the names or localities, but there have been various different flavoured badboys on offer: jalapeno, habanero, hazelnut, gaytime (seriously, it tasted like a Gaytime ice cream.. Really nice, but you wouldn't drink it all night)..
    I usually go in for a nice pale ale.. Will do some research to find out what it is exactly that I've been trying..

  13. #13
    Hamma's best mate Superdylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,087
    Currently enjoying a Prickley Moses Otway Ale. Handcrafted beer.

    Not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Premy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I've had a few different stouts at the Grainy of late, due to over-consumption I'm not 100% sure on the names or localities, but there have been various different flavoured badboys on offer: jalapeno, habanero, hazelnut, gaytime (seriously, it tasted like a Gaytime ice cream.. Really nice, but you wouldn't drink it all night)..
    I usually go in for a nice pale ale.. Will do some research to find out what it is exactly that I've been trying..
    And by research you mean go back to the Grain Store and Drink more Beer
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I support the NCIP

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I've had a few different stouts at the Grainy of late, due to over-consumption I'm not 100% sure on the names or localities, but there have been various different flavoured badboys on offer: jalapeno, habanero, hazelnut, gaytime (seriously, it tasted like a Gaytime ice cream.. Really nice, but you wouldn't drink it all night)..
    I usually go in for a nice pale ale.. Will do some research to find out what it is exactly that I've been trying..
    This one was sort of a coffee/toffee flavoured I was punching through them any chance I could at the firestation till they took it off tap a couple of weeks ago.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  17. #17
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,834
    a good article on beer in Australian stadiums from The Conversation of all places

    http://theconversation.com/the-price...g-events-69708

    this is exactly the sort of academic research we should be funding

  18. #18
    Senior Member WolfMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,928
    ^^^

    Yep - good.

    Interesting that the price per mL is higher for MLB and NFL. I wasn't doing the math at the time, but didn't feel nearly as ripped-off when buying food and drinks from these 2 codes.

    Mind you, the Aussie $ was almost at parity with the US $ when I was there

  19. #19
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,006
    Anyone else enjoy some Kriek lambic beer. Tried some once in a Belgium beer cafe down in melbourne and been hooked ever since
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6

    Beeer

    Has anyone tried Velvet beer? I have tried it when I was in Prague and it is the best beer ever! I can't find it anywhere else dough

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •