Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer.

International IPA Day.. Grain Store has a tap takeover going on..
    All 21 taps, and some special where you can take the glass home with you (for a certain price I assume)..

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL BEER DAY!

i've kicked off aready.

Not sure that this is entirely about beer, but there isn't a "venue that you drink beer at" thread, so this will do*..

Had a few schooies at the Great Northern on Monday arvo when it had its soft opening in preparation for yesterdays Cup festivities..
    A lot has changed from the old uni days of getting tanked and leering at bikini comps on the bar there.. Word is that there will be a rooftop pool bar in a year or so, and that the ballroom on the 1st floor will be reopened.

Beer Selection: A mix between your standard working man's drinks and your snooty-nosed Newtown craft breweries (I'm looking at you here, Sammydog).. Not bad, but if I'm going to pay those sort of craft prices, I'll go up to the Grainy.
    Bar 'service': Friendly and talkative. For the single fellas out there (or the blokes that like to "read the menu, but eat at home"), a couple of good lookers.
    Gambling: Small TAB section and the pokie room hasn't changed since it was last open. Well, the room has a bit more ventilation to let you really take in the Winnie Blue essence but a lot of the same old pokies are in there (with the addition of the standard trio of Lightning machines.)
    Amenities: The toilets look like they have been taken over by Persians. Gold and blue trim everywhere.. Definitely missing the "hole kicked in the wall, DNA-on-floor and angry-faeces left on seat" character that it used to have.
    Food: Didn't try any. I was there for beer. Menu looked like the standard pub stuff.

* - I'm supposed to be doing actual work at work, hence this..

Went to the Balter brewery at Goldy the other day.
    Enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Went to the Balter brewery at Goldy the other day.
    Enjoyed it.
    I don't mind a tinny of the Balter pale ale.. Don't think I've ever tried it on tap..
    Decent sized brewery? Did you get plague jnr in too?