Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 2016/17 A-League Transfers and Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    What's the point of signing an u/20 player if the coach won't use him? I'm not saying Bymora isn't good, but we shouldn't be signing players without a head coach.
    Because every a-league club has to sign 3 U20 players. Regardless of whether they plan to use them or not.

What's the point of signing an u/20 player if the coach won't use him? I'm not saying Bymora isn't good, but we shouldn't be signing players without a head coach.
    Sif the Jets care what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Sif the Jets care what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Because every a-league club has to sign 3 U20 players. Regardless of whether they plan to use them or not.
    I think all businesses should employ / sign people that will do absolutely nothing to improve the operations of their business or indeed their finances.
    I mean why not pay for things you are never going use productively or sell for a profit in the future . Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I think all businesses should employ / sign people that will do absolutely nothing to improve the operations of their business or indeed their finances.
    I mean why not pay for things you are never going use productively or sell for a profit in the future . Makes perfect sense.
    You say this like its a club decision. Its clearly mandated by the FFA and paid for by the FFA.

All in the guise of improving football in Australia by "developing youth"....

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    You say this like its a club decision. Its clearly mandated by the FFA and paid for by the FFA.

All in the guise of improving football in Australia by "developing youth"....
    This is definitely a case of a regulator being captured. The bigger clubs with money to burn are not put out by this rule. To the smaller, less financial clubs though it is a burden because they have limited funds and that money could have been used to top up an offer or to bring in or keep a senior player - perhaps even go towards office staff... and so on.

If it was in anyway a burden to the bigger clubs the FFA would overturn it quicker than we could blink.

The FFA does whatever the bigger clubs dictate and you need only look at all the marquee type concessions bullshit currently going on to see that.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 22-09-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Maybe we do have a coach

Essien has pulled the pin and is not coming to the A-league.

English Premier League and Champions League winner Michael Essien has rejected the an A-League berth after Melbourne Victory failed to meet the former Chelsea star's terms.

Melbourne Victory’s bid to sign former Chelsea and Ghana international Michael Essien for the upcoming A-League season has been thwarted at the final hour.

Essien, 33 was believed to be heading to the A-League to take up a guest marquee spot after he was released from the final year of his contract with Greek Super League's Panathinaikos.

Sources in Greece have told FourFourTwo there were a number of agents involved in the deal both in Australia and overseas but complications surrounding the commission made the deal too complex complete.

Confirmation the deal was off came via a Melbourne Victory spokesperson who last night told News Corp Australia the Chelsea star decided against coming to Australia.

"The club has been in constant discussions with Michael and his representatives, but due to some personal issues, Michael has unfortunately decided not to move to Melbourne," they sai

http://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/m...-league-438060

Rumour doing the rounds that the south Korean that Adelaide are about to announce is Song

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Rumour doing the rounds that the south Korean that Adelaide are about to announce is Song
    **** i hope not
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Highly doubtful when he signed for Sharjah in the last 5 months and has 2 goals in 6 appearances.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

C*ntvic to ADL for ACL

Highly doubtful when he signed for Sharjah in the last 5 months and has 2 goals in 6 appearances.
    Shhhh... don't come up in here with your alternative facts. I wanted to see how big the meltdowns were

Shhhh... don't come up in here with your alternative facts. I wanted to see how big the meltdowns were
    Aren't yours the alternative facts and mine the real?

You know what? I don't even know anymore.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out