Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 FFA Cup

2016 FFA Cup

Draw tomorrow. Perth at home, loss to get the season started off well?

The 32 clubs who have qualified for the Westfield FFA Cup 2016 Final Rounds will learn their Cup fate when the Round of 32 draw is conducted this Thursday (30 June) at FOX SPORTS in Sydney.

South Australian club MetroStars, which includes former Adelaide United stars Travis Dodd, Fabian Babiero and Adam van Dommele, became the final side to qualify for the Round of 32 courtesy of a 1-0 win over Adelaide Comets on Saturday night, the result confirming the 22 Member Federation clubs that will go into Thursday’s draw along with the ten Hyundai A-League clubs.

The draw, to be hosted by FOX SPORTS football personality Michael Zappone and conducted by former Socceroos captain Paul Wade and Chief Operating Officer of Scentre Group Greg Miles, will be shown LIVE from 3pm on Fox Sports News (Channel 500) and streamed online at www.foxsports.com.au and www.theffacup.com.au.

This year’s Westfield FFA Cup Round of 32 draw will see the Hyundai A-League clubs placed into one pot (Pot A) and the Member Federation clubs placed into another pot (Pot B).

The balls will be pulled out of the pots in the respective order to firstly determine the three (3) all Hyundai A-League club matches and nine (9) all Member Federation club matches before the intriguing four (4) Member Federation club v Hyundai A-League club matches. This year’s list of entrants comprises 11 clubs making their first appearance in the Westfield FFA Cup Round of 32 – Bonnyrigg White Eagles (NSW), Canberra Olympic (ACT), Cockburn City (WA), Devonport Strikers (TAS), Floreat Athena (WA), Green Gully (VIC), Lambton Jaffas (Northern NSW), Marconi Stallions (NSW), Redlands United (QLD), Rovers Darwin FC (NT) and Surfers Paradise Apollo (QLD). The 16 matches in the Round of 32 will be held over three weeks with four matches per night across four match nights beginning in the last week of July. FOX SPORTS will show 11 matches LIVE (one match per match night) while providing coverage and updates as well as LIVE streaming of all non-broadcast matches. Details regarding the FOX SPORTS broadcast and streaming will be announced closer to the start of the Round of 32.

Westfield FFA Cup 2016 Round of 32 Draw
    When: Thursday 30 June 2016
    Time: 3pm AEST
    Broadcast: The draw will be LIVE on Fox Sports News (Channel 500) and also streamed LIVE on www.foxsports.com.au and www.theffacup.com.au

Qualified clubs and numbering for the draw

Pot A (10 Hyundai A-League clubs) 1.Adelaide United, 2.Brisbane Roar FC, 3.Central Coast Mariners, 4.Melbourne City FC, 5.Melbourne Victory, 6.Newcastle Jets, 7.Perth Glory, 8.Sydney FC, 9.Wellington Phoenix, 10.Western Sydney Wanderers FC

Pot B (22 Member Federation clubs) 11.Bentleigh Greens, 12.Blacktown City, 13.Bonnyrigg White Eagles, 14.Brisbane Strikers, 15.Canberra Olympic, 16.Cockburn City, 17.Devonport Strikers, 18.Edgeworth Eagles, 19.FNQ Heat, 20.Floreat Athena, 21.Green Gully, 22.Hume City, 23.Lambton Jaffas, 24.Manly United, 25.Marconi Stallions, 26.Melbourne Knights, 27.MetroStars, 28.Redlands United, 29.Rovers Darwin FC, 30.Surfers Paradise Apollo, 31.Sydney United 58 FC, 32.Wollongong Wolves

Draw process (Two pots – Pot A & Pot B)

Pot A: 6 balls drawn out one at a time from Pot A (home then away) for the three (3) Hyundai A-League v Hyundai A-League matches.
    Pot B: 18 balls drawn out one at a time from Pot B (home then away) for the nine (9) Member Federation v Member Federation matches. P
    Pot B & A: Remaining balls drawn out one at a time (home from Pot B & then away from Pot A) for the four (4) Member Federation v Hyundai A-League matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Draw tomorrow. Perth at home, loss to get the season started off well?
    Get Perf again and I'm ringing 4 Corners!

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    If we get Perth again we should also call in that mob who are looking into FIFA. Deadset, the fix is on if we get the purple people eaters again.

I just hope for a home draw. I don't know if it's an advantage getting a non-A-League team. They're playing and halfway through their season and will have match fitness and sharpness. The Jets will be at worst a month into their pre-season.

I want us to take it seriously, not as a pre-season hit out, and have all available players on board (Last year we didn't have Enver). We did that last year so I've no reason to think Miller won't again.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Gypos in Gosford please
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I just hope for a home draw. I don't know if it's an advantage getting a non-A-League team. They're playing and halfway through their season and will have match fitness and sharpness. The Jets will be at worst a month into their pre-season.

I want us to take it seriously, not as a pre-season hit out, and have all available players on board (Last year we didn't have Enver). We did that last year so I've no reason to think Miller won't again.
    weve had two home draws and lost lets try an away game
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned

Have they changed the set up??

The last 2 years teams who finished in the Top 4 got a non HAL side in Rd 1 and the teams who finished 5-10 got drawn against each other.

I was under the impression we could only play Mariners Smurfs Nix Glory or Victree in this round.

We can't get WAnkers Roar Pissants or Heart and the non league teams until next round assuming we win a game

To me the system is shit

It should be random. NPL clubs are a long shot at drawing a HAL side. Rather ridiculous Jaffas reward could be a trip to Tasmania when I am sure they would rather a game against any HAL side

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

The last 2 years teams who finished in the Top 4 got a non HAL side in Rd 1 and the teams who finished 5-10 got drawn against each other.

I was under the impression we could only play Mariners Smurfs Nix Glory or Victree in this round.

We can't get WAnkers Roar Pissants or Heart and the non league teams until next round assuming we win a game

To me the system is shit

It should be random. NPL clubs are a long shot at drawing a HAL side. Rather ridiculous Jaffas reward could be a trip to Tasmania when I am sure they would rather a game against any HAL side
    It has changed but not random.

There is now 2 pots - HAL teams and Member Federation teams

First 6 HAL teams drawn will play all A League games - 3 matches

First 18 Member Federation teams drawn will play all non league games - 9 matches

Leaves 4 A league vs Non League matches

To me the system is shit

Yeah it's changed. The A-League clubs are all in a pot. There are 3 all A-League ties and 4 A-League v Premier team ties. Then there's the rest
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    It has changed but not random.

There is now 2 pots - HAL teams and Member Federation teams

First 6 HAL teams drawn will play all A League games - 3 matches

First 18 Member Federation teams drawn will play all non league games - 9 matches

Leaves 4 A league vs Non League matches
    Cheers - got halfway through a reply before getting called away.

Draw:

Roar v Perth

Jets v Victory

Wellington v WSW
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 30-06-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Draw:

Roar v Perth

Jets v Victory
    At least we didn't get Perth again. Home game too.

Wello vs Wanderers last all HAL match

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    At least we didn't get Perth again. Home game too.

Wello vs Wanderers last all HAL match
    Would love to see Jaffas or Edgey get Gypos...
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Interesting team, the Victory. They've lost Finkler, Delpierre and Barbarouses. They've brought in Donachie and Mitch Austin off the top of my head.

A team with a few changes like us.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Would love to see Jaffas or Edgey get Gypos...
    This!

I'm excited for it already. Happy to get a home match again, not that we've had any luck.

Edgeworth travel to Cairns to play FNQ Heat

FNQ Heat v Edgy

Devenport Strikers vs Jaffas

Rather ridiculous Jaffas reward could be a trip to Tasmania when I am sure they would rather a game against any HAL side
    Preach!!!