Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1018

Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup

  1. #121
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    I've been allocated tickets for the Aus games too.

    Has anyone ever been to the cup with Green and Gold Army? It's not cheap: is it worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,516
    Was looking into tours earlier on.
    The fanatics although as corny as it is, tends to be slightly cheaper.
    There’s also a tour called discovery Russia. Not sure how legit it is operated but also does follow australia tours.

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,516
    FFS.
    I plan on doing so.
    Each to their own.

  4. #124
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    i'm also very lazy when it comes to planning

    but the best part of $10,000 for flights, 16 days accom and an assortment of day trips seems like a bit much
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  5. #125
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,644
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    i'm also very lazy when it comes to planning

    but the best part of $10,000 for flights, 16 days accom and an assortment of day trips seems like a bit much
    If you cant be arsed booking it yourself from being lazy etc

    Go to Flight Centre etc

    They will still take a cut for organising your trip but you will get more bang for your buck than these tour groups offer

    The price of the Fanatics trip ladt time was easily 2-3k more than it was worth and that is allowing the organisers to make a profit
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  6. #126
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,613
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    I've been allocated tickets for the Aus games too.

    Has anyone ever been to the cup with Green and Gold Army? It's not cheap: is it worth it?
    them (and the Fanatics) seem to cater to a certain 'type' of person.

    You dont seem to fit that bill.

    Follow the Members advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  7. #127
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,828
    I booked through the Fanatics for Germany in 2006

    basically they just organise transport, accommodation and tickets - it's not like you're part of an organised cheer squad

    it wasn't super well run but for the price and for doing away with all the hassle it was probably worth it for what I wanted out of the trip

  8. #128
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,613
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I booked through the Fanatics for Germany in 2006

    basically they just organise transport, accommodation and tickets - it's not like you're part of an organised cheer squad

    it wasn't super well run but for the price and for doing away with all the hassle it was probably worth it for what I wanted out of the trip
    oh for sure the worst part about doing a Fanatics tour are the actual Fanatics.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  9. #129
    parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parkseys mum
    Posts
    800,851,414
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    i'm also very lazy when it comes to planning

    but the best part of $10,000 for flights, 16 days accom and an assortment of day trips seems like a bit much

    Do it yourself bruv. I’ve paid for everything but one or two internal flights and it’s very well below that

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Do it yourself bruv. I’ve paid for everything but one or two internal flights and it’s very well below that
    Is it just me or do most of the internal flights go through Moscow?

  11. #131
    Senior Member evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    540
    Group I went to Brazil with is doing Russia as well, will be about half the price of the GGA and Fanatics tours. I can't go myself but if anyone wants more info send me a PM.


    Also I work in the travel industry (not an agent) so if any one has any questions about the flights/routing things like that let me know and I can have a look when I'm at work.

  12. #132
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Do it yourself bruv. I’ve paid for everything but one or two internal flights and it’s very well below that
    hmm yeah i wonder what the accom is like now in terms of price. did you book through an agent?

    a few of the boys are going GGA and I'd be able to room with them so that's a big drawcard. apparently you can't stay on the tour unless you also buy their domestic flight package.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  13. #133
    parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parkseys mum
    Posts
    800,851,414
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    hmm yeah i wonder what the accom is like now in terms of price. did you book through an agent?

    a few of the boys are going GGA and I'd be able to room with them so that's a big drawcard. apparently you can't stay on the tour unless you also buy their domestic flight package.
    I just booked through your classic accomo places like booking.com and shiz. Heaps reasonable prices considering. No idea what they’re like now I got mine as soon as the draw was released. But have a read on their rules and shit about pumping up prices.

  14. #134
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,114
    So which one of you is doing a diary for this world cup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    So which one of you is doing a diary for this world cup?
    The most important question!!!!
    Amigos Aarau

  16. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,408
    Im heading with a tour out of switzerland for a 4 day trip to the Swiss vs Brazil game.

    Mums going to as she loved the trip that I won to Brazil last time round.

    For us that was the easist to organise.

    But Im sure doing it yourself will always come out easier.. I just wasnt sure with the langauge in Russia (alphabet etc)
    Amigos Aarau

  17. #137
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    So which one of you is doing a diary for this world cup?
    it would be like some bozo at the Jets wearing Griffs number.

    why bother? it will never reach the heights of the master.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  18. #138
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,613
    further to that id actually rather the Member do his diary from home in a sleep deprived, shivering state.

    reckon there would be some proper internet rage at 3am in 5 degree heat watching his man crush Wilkinson get embarrassed again and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  19. #139
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    got me tickets
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,516
    Like physical tickets? Or confirmation?

    Flights aren’t too bad atm.
    Internal travel looks pretty shit. I’ve got potentially 3 games in 3 days which was bad planning on my behalf but I assumed there would be adequate transport.
    Bit annoying there’s limited direct flights between host cities. And from what I can tell of the transport website, limited free trains between host cities, unless you count to/from Moscow.
    Accomm is still reasonably priced.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •