Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup

How many players in the past few WC winning teams play the way Arzani plays?

The blue print is there for the type of player that is truly successful at the elite level.
    And it looks nothing like that Arzani blokes game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    how do you rate his chances in the secondary assist award?
    This is the Socceroos

To get an assist someone has to score.

Who you predicting ??

Donkey Juric??
    Robbie Kruse??
    Matt Leckie??
    Rukyvitsa??
    Some 38 year old who cant get a run in the HAL??

Please

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This is the Socceroos

To get an assist someone has to score.

Who you predicting ??

Donkey Juric??
    Robbie Kruse??
    Matt Leckie??
    Rukyvitsa??
    Some 38 year old who cant get a run in the HAL??

Please
    You saying straya is there to make up the numbers and put a bit more interest into the early rounds before getting smashed?

All worth it

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    This is the Socceroos

Donkey Juric??
    This guy starting says everything about our current squad

Langerak gone.
    Maclaren gone.
    Wright, Gerbasch, Giannou and Susyjar gone.

IMO 26 down to 23 is a cruel cruel cruel cut. I'd much rather be one of the 7 cut this morning (told last week) than one of the 3 cut in 2 weeks time.

Arzani probably gone, Fran whatever probs gone, so at least Nabbout or Dimi should be in a world cup squad!I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Langerak gone.
    Maclaren gone.
    Wright, Gerbasch, Giannou and Susyjar gone.

IMO 26 down to 23 is a cruel cruel cruel cut. I'd much rather be one of the 7 cut this morning (told last week) than one of the 3 cut in 2 weeks time.

Arzani probably gone, Fran whatever probs gone, so at least Nabbout or Dimi should be in a world cup squad!I hope.
    Hard on Maclaren. Not sure what the guy needs to do. Like you said, the 3 to miss out will feel bad.

I personally think they will take Arzani as the "future experience" role like they did with Milligan in 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Not sure Bert really cares about the future haha. And I saw something the other day that basically says he won’t be told how to do his job.
    Idk, the blooding should happen prior to the World Cup. Imagine your first cap being at a World Cup....
    Yehhh, I mean, we have been plagued over the years with players that produce at a club level but fail to make an impact with the national team.

Like that guy, was it Scott McDonald? Playing in Scottish league a few years ago absolutely banging them in and he looked rubbish when he finally got his gig.
    Oh well, I still think Arzani is trash, but I don’t resent them for trying to plan for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Not sure Bert really cares about the future haha. And I saw something the other day that basically says he won’t be told how to do his job.
    Idk, the blooding should happen prior to the World Cup. Imagine your first cap being at a World Cup....
    Yehhh, I mean, we have been plagued over the years with players that produce at a club level but fail to make an impact with the national team.

Like that guy, was it Scott McDonald? Playing in Scottish league a few years ago absolutely banging them in and he looked rubbish when he finally got his gig.
    Oh well, I still think Arzani is trash, but I don’t resent them for trying to plan for the future
    Some players need a system to suit them. Scotty Mac was never a target man

So we are taking Cahill and maybe Trashboy Arzani over someone like McLaren?

Ok then.

Fold the country.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Ok then.

Fold the country.
    That's the problem - to fit both those in two have to miss out. I think Dimi will get cut at the end - he has Luongo, Rogic, Mooy, Troisi and Irvine to get ahead of. TBH form should mean Troisi drops out.

Bert doesn't think we will score goals so why try?

Troisi not even have the ability to peel the f&*('n oranges. Most overrated player to ever get a national jersey. Bloke stinks and is lucky if he produces a performance of HAL standard once every three months.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Troisi not even have the ability to peel the f&*('n oranges. Most overrated player to ever get a national jersey. Bloke stinks and is lucky if he produces a performance of HAL standard once every three months.
    Absolutely..
    We used to call him Ange's Rentboy.. Buggered if I know how he's still getting a call up..

Troisi really stood out to me this season. As a player I really dislike.
    Rarely impacts a game, somehow gets marquee wages, and somehow hasn’t invested in rogaine or some other hair regrowth concoction.
    Really gonna struggle to enjoy watching him play next month if he gets the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Ok then.

Fold the country.
    We'll win a pen, probably from Arzani, and Cahill win come on to take it and my bet is your head will explode
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    So the fact that Cahill cant get a run in a HAL side and only got a few mins in Milwall as one of his mates was coaching gets picked to play in the World Cup is a sad indictment on the cunce running our game

The only way Timmy should be in Russia next month is as a Supporters group host as he shouldnt be playing

This is deadset a ****ing joke of biblical proportions that he has been selected

Why cant some **** at FFA grow a pair and retire him FFS??

So the fact that Cahill cant get a run in a HAL side and only got a few mins in Milwall as one of his mates was coaching gets picked to play in the World Cup is a sad indictment on the cunce running our game

The only way Timmy should be in Russia next month is as a Supporters group host as he shouldnt be playing

This is deadset a ****ing joke of biblical proportions that he has been selected

Why cant some **** at FFA grow a pair and retire him FFS??
    I reckon there's a survival-style ceremony still to come from FFA as the remaining 3 players are voted off.

Cutting Maclaren but keeping Cahill, Arzani and Troisi has pretty much ruined any care factor I had. I'll struggle to get up and watch games now.

I would rather us not go to the world cup then allow the power brokers picking the team to line Timmys pockets with one more wad of cash. He is done, he's basically retired. Thanks for the memories, please add your opinion of the game from a commentary box. Stop dragging the team down to your level just to feed you're obvious ego.

Also, in regards to Maclaren, been reading lots of crap on Reddit about the system being suited to Cahill rather than JMac.
    F$#k the "system" crap. Maclaren was better than Cahill, Troisi, Arzani, Nabbout and Dimi when he was playing in the HAL. Had a rough year in Bundesliga 2. after the coach who signed him was sacked very early in the year. Went to scotland and found form. So even though I absolutely want Dimi and Nabbout to play at the world cup id be lying if I said they were better players than Maclaren.

I wouldn't mind if Maclaren was dropped for a defender but the fact that Timmy and the other two HAL numpties in Arzani and Troisi are still on the list is too much to take.

If those 3 get cut when it goes from 26 to 23 I'll be back on the bandwagon. Failure to cut Cahill and I'll be buying a Peruvian flag and learning where they are on a map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Cutting Maclaren but keeping Cahill, Arzani and Troisi has pretty much ruined any care factor I had. I'll struggle to get up and watch games now.

I would rather us not go to the world cup then allow the power brokers picking the team to line Timmys pockets with one more wad of cash. He is done, he's basically retired. Thanks for the memories, please add your opinion of the game from a commentary box. Stop dragging the team down to your level just to feed you're obvious ego.

Also, in regards to Maclaren, been reading lots of crap on Reddit about the system being suited to Cahill rather than JMac.
    F$#k the "system" crap. Maclaren was better than Cahill, Troisi, Arzani, Nabbout and Dimi when he was playing in the HAL. Had a rough year in Bundesliga 2. after the coach who signed him was sacked very early in the year. Went to scotland and found form. So even though I absolutely want Dimi and Nabbout to play at the world cup id be lying if I said they were better players than Maclaren.

I wouldn't mind if Maclaren was dropped for a defender but the fact that Timmy and the other two HAL numpties in Arzani and Troisi are still on the list is too much to take.

If those 3 get cut when it goes from 26 to 23 I'll be back on the bandwagon. Failure to cut Cahill and I'll be buying a Peruvian flag and learning where they are on a map.
    Cahill is the only reasons weve won any games over the past few years and dragged us to the world cup. He should go but so should Maclaren
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

So obviously BVM is just here as a mercenary lining his pockets with no great investment in Aussie football going forward

What exactly would have Ange done if Slater and Bozza hadnt of ran him out of town??

Being that Ange had the balls to drop Schwarzer and Luca$h from Brazil it would have been interesting to see if he had the balls to do it this time.

Timmy has been given a gold pass by Ange for 2 years already.

He should have been retired in 2015 with Bresciano after the Asian Cup.

The last 2 years have been a joke and the bloke is now ruining his legacy

Also, has Bert even had a chance to see Tim play since he took over? All Cahill has done in the last 12 months is sit on a bench at Citeh and then got 4 yellow cards and a red in 10 sub appearances. I'm confident he had no say in whether or not Tim was picked. The advertising campaign was already set before Bert had a chance to pick his team.

Has Cahill even scored any goals this year? I know I'm biased cause I think he's rubbish, but I honestly don't know if he's scored at all this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.