Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Henderson saying if you can’t beat em, join em.

Refs on the borderline of losing this game.
    yeah, he's lost it.

England are trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

columbians have lost it too.

zero chance columbia finish this game with 11.

i wish we would police attacking fouls in the box as harshly as we do defensive fouls. the first foul in the sequence that lead to the penalty was kane shoving the defender out of the way, but apparently that isn't worth pulling up.

also during the post penalty award shenanigans, ref should have pointed at one player from each team that was on a yellow card and held up 5 fingers and said "i'm counting down from 5, if they are down before all of your players are out of my face, you're getting a second yellow"

On the pen. I think Kanes push was usual corner antics. When old mate jumped on his back (you can see the moment the ref turns to watch Kane, and it’s as the guy jumps on him) that’s going a little too far.

After he gave it. I reckon there was a good 3-5 minutes of arguing. Henderson gets a stupid yellow. Same thing he went down like a sack of shit over.

Is it McGuire or Stones that keeps doing the VAR signal for everything?

This game is somewhat painful to watch. Moments of brilliance and then there’s 3 moments of stupidity.

It’s mcguire.

ways to speed up the game:

- immediately advance any free kick by 5m if an opposition player doesn't immediately retreat 5m on award of a free kick. this gives the wronged team the chance to take a quick one if they want. ref can still set the 10m if they don't want to take it quick.
    - free kicks can be taken anywhere on the pitch provided it isn't in front of the where the foul happened
    - free kicks must be taken within 30s of the foul or ball becomes live
    - substitutes have 15 seconds to get off the field. after the 15s is up, the game restarts whether he is on or off the field, but he must still go off without interfering with play.

i'm sure there's problems with my suggestions, but i'm sick of seeing 20 minute conferences with the ref after free kicks are awarded, 20 minute conferences between attacking players about which restaurant they are going to after the game while they pretend to work out who is taking the free kick and John Farnham-esque departures from the field for guys that have been anonymous all game.

anything less than 8 min extra time and the fix is in.

deadset, 5 minutes in arguing about the penalty alone. then add all the subs. then add all yellows.

boo-yah!!!!!

wonder if Henderson will cop the same amount of stick that Neymar gets.

Because hes just as embarrassing.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Wowwwww

in other news: suck it England.

(they'll prob still win tho)
    Seems like I am WRONG

Gordon Bennett.

trippier couldn't get to that because he forgot to rip the top bit of the neck of his shirt like he had in the first half.

another game-speeding initiative - 30s to restart the game after a goal. team can kick-off anytime after 30s, irrespective of where opposition players are. if you are in the wrong half of the field, you can't touch the ball until you get to your defensive half.

I agree Henderson and England in general tonight have been a bunch of whingers.
    Colombians aren’t much better, they are being spoilt babies too.
    Just really turns me off watching it.

England have played well in the tournament so far. They could stick to their usual game and they’d have had it won by now.
    They’ve resorted to a stop start game due to persistent fouling and play acting.

Think England deserve the win here. Don’t think Colombia have offfered much.

just read that was the 19th 'added time' goal so far this World Cup.

Pretty amazing.

Caaarrrnnnn Colombia.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Just really turns me off watching it.

England have played well in the tournament so far. They could stick to their usual game and they’d have had it won by now.
    They’ve resorted to a stop start game due to persistent fouling and play acting.

Think England deserve the win here. Don’t think Colombia have offfered much.
    agree re colombia, amazed they still have a full complement of players.

i don't think england have really offerred anything either though.

i did notice this cracker in the guardian commentary

So England’s first 11 were rested for the last game, the weather ideal and the opponents are without their best player so I only have one question. Who will wear their home kit: Colombia or Sweden?

i know, but its only ever the brown folk that get the criticism for those kind of antics.

i swear back in the EPL 'Man United charging the ref' era, they were going to introduce a rule that if anyone charged the ref then the ref could card the captain (whether he was doing it or not). It was then the captains responsibility to keep his players under control.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    ways to speed up the game:

- immediately advance any free kick by 5m if an opposition player doesn't immediately retreat 5m on award of a free kick. this gives the wronged team the chance to take a quick one if they want. ref can still set the 10m if they don't want to take it quick.
    - free kicks can be taken anywhere on the pitch provided it isn't in front of the where the foul happened
    - free kicks must be taken within 30s of the foul or ball becomes live
    - substitutes have 15 seconds to get off the field. after the 15s is up, the game restarts whether he is on or off the field, but he must still go off without interfering with play.

i'm sure there's problems with my suggestions, but i'm sick of seeing 20 minute conferences with the ref after free kicks are awarded, 20 minute conferences between attacking players about which restaurant they are going to after the game while they pretend to work out who is taking the free kick and John Farnham-esque departures from the field for guys that have been anonymous all game.
    AFL have got the FKs absolutely spot on. If the opposition player doesn’t give the ball directly back to the player who gets the FK, or the player doesn’t immediately retreat, it’s a 50m advance up the field. If they even loop the ball high into the air it’s a 50m. If the guy taking the free doesn’t do anything with it after about 10 secs it’s play on.