Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup

Ditto

And the hour wait begins ffs

got 4 tickets to each of the aus games. thank ****. still trying for the ger-swe tic

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    got 4 tickets to each of the aus games. thank ****. still trying for the ger-swe tic
    Nice work man! Yeah playing the fun waiting game.... I’m thinking dodgy tickets will be easier haha

Got in and out by 8:20. Cat 2 Sweden vs Germany!

Glad it worked out Ranger.
    Hope you got lucky too baz!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Got in and out by 8:20. Cat 2 Sweden vs Germany!

Glad it worked out Ranger.
    Hope you got lucky too baz!
    3am and it decided to go 1 minute left... then ****ed itself. Missed out on pretty much the tickets I’m most keen for in ger-swe haha

Unlucky.
    Probably be able to get some if you’re around Sochi that day anyway. Or resale.

Got my Fan ID today!

Unlucky.
    Probably be able to get some if you’re around Sochi that day anyway. Or resale.

Got my Fan ID today!
    Yeah will pay overs ah well worth it!!!

Haha yeah same, before I saw the back of it I deadset thought my schoolies ID in 2005 was more legit

Has anybody seen the leaked kit?
    Possibly the only thing more embarrassing than our performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Meh, at least it isn't a Brazilian shirt with our badges sewn over the top.

I've seen worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

abort abort quick get last seasons shirt

It’s giving me nightmares of Liverpool’s purple jersey a few years back with tribal sleeves.
    I admit, knowing that “pattern” on the sleeves is “the reflection of water” is making me feel slightly better.
    Imo, green shorts could’ve made a big difference. Too yellow.
    We look like Teletubbies running around in all yellow. Again, Liverpool did this and it was hard to watch, not just cause we were rubbish and martin skrtel was wearing it.

It’s giving me nightmares of Liverpool’s purple jersey a few years back with tribal sleeves.
    I admit, knowing that “pattern” on the sleeves is “the reflection of water” is making me feel slightly better.
    Imo, green shorts could’ve made a big difference. Too yellow.
    We look like Teletubbies running around in all yellow. Again, Liverpool did this and it was hard to watch, not just cause we were rubbish and martin skrtel was wearing it.
    Do I recall some directive from FIFA along the lines of all kits having to be predominantly one colour? I thought that was the reason we had to move away from the green shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Do I recall some directive from FIFA along the lines of all kits having to be predominantly one colour? I thought that was the reason we had to move away from the green shorts.
    It would make more sense for the Socceroos to wear an all brown strip to coincide with their style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It would make more sense for the Socceroos to wear an all brown strip to coincide with their style of play.
    I thought white was the colour of surrender?

There was a directive for this, I'm fairly certain it was for HD TV purposes. It was a big issue for nations like Germany, whom traditionally wore black shorts with their mostly white kits. Not all countries have gone to one colour though.

Agreed with Brem - I don't like the home kit and think they've executed it poorly but the only saving grace about it is they've attempted to show the "sea of gold" that Viduka mentioned pre "that" Uruguay game. This attempt of a throwback to that comment is the only thing that kind of makes it ok.

I don't enjoy the away kit at all.

I love the training kit, it is dope
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    There was a directive for this, I'm fairly certain it was for HD TV purposes. It was a big issue for nations like Germany, whom traditionally wore black shorts with their mostly white kits. Not all countries have gone to one colour though.

Agreed with Brem - I don't like the home kit and think they've executed it poorly but the only saving grace about it is they've attempted to show the "sea of gold" that Viduka mentioned pre "that" Uruguay game. This attempt of a throwback to that comment is the only thing that kind of makes it ok.

I don't enjoy the away kit at all.

I love the training kit, it is dope
    Apparently the idea was to ensure all teams had a "light" kit and a "dark" kit, so that in any given game there would be a team in light colours and a team in dark colours, supposedly to help referees differentiate the two teams.

It was about that time we jumped on the one colour bandwagon. Many are jumping back to different coloured shorts though - Brazil, England, Germany, Colombia....could you imagine Croatia with check shorts?

No sensible reason other than to sell more kit - it's the only reason there are names on shirts tbh.

Apparently the idea was to ensure all teams had a "light" kit and a "dark" kit, so that in any given game there would be a team in light colours and a team in dark colours, supposedly to help referees differentiate the two teams.

I thought it’s also to do with tv, not everywhere has colour tv