Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 FFA Cup Round of 32 | Jets v Victory | Wednesday 3/8/16 @730pm

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    but we never win at home either
    that's the point: We should
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Just keep peddling the excuses

Millertime got rid of Milos end of March.

That's 4 full month's to find a replacement.

Considering the striker is a key player exactly what is the hold up??

The striker is a key signing you build your side around.

But no we go the other way and bring him in at last minute and expect him to adapt to the rest of the squad.

The manager is the only one responsible for us having 2 injured strikers on the books.

No one else

2 is excessively light and the fact he allows this sees the criticism of this worthy.

Just as our abysmal preparation with one shirts and skins gam rests with him.

There are 9 NPL sides in Newy, there are 3 HAL sides within 2 hours drive and 12 NSWNPL sides within 2 hours drive.

To be unable to pick up the phone and be able to rustle up only one shirts and skins hit out in a six week period is a damning reflection on him.

If he thinks the preparation was adequate then he is clearly wrong

If he was aware the preparation was inadequate and has done nothing about it then he has failed the club players and fans

Instead of offering up excuses for everything how about we offer up some honesty ad responsibility for our failings.

How about it starts at the top. Where errors and failures are ackowledged, ownership is taken for it, accountability is in effect and excuses for failure are NEVER EVER offered.

You get that from the top and then maybe you don't see a pile of layers who are quite happy to try hard and win every now and then but ultimately fail over and over again as they don't have an expectation from the club to actually perform to a level.
    Hang on, I thought you said our squad was garbage? So are you saying you expect them to improve with better preparation? Make up your mind.

Either complain about the prep, or complain about the lack of ability in our squad. The result last night can't be down to both. And if you want to raise both of those as complaints, that makes the performance from an unprepared, incompetent club even more impressive against a seasoned team of pros like MV who were hardly dominant.

You're getting so worked up over one signing that isn't here yet, to which none of us know the reason for. But why would Miller sign anymore additional strikers knowing Haliti and Nordstrand will be fit for the season ie the competition that actually matters? He's still lumbered with Brennan/Pavicevic who he doesn't rate, and he's also given a young guy in Brymora a chance last night, something you've been critical of in the past when we haven't tried youth.

Funnily enough, people who think we're falling further behind the other teams are happy to point out that those clubs still have signings to come, yet when we have a signing to come, it's a bad thing because it's too late.

The season is still 2 months away and that's what the preparation should be geared for. Personally I wanted them to win last night but I don't give two shits about the FFA Cup as a whole. At the end of the day, Miller will get judged on where we finish next March/April, not how far we get in an offseason knockout tournament. There's a reason NPL clubs are causing their fair share of upsets.

I couldn't a crap about a pre-season knock out comp when we can't even finish inside the top 6 regularly. If we can have a pre season that doesn't involve changes to almost half the team we can take the FFA cup seriously, A striker wouldn't have won us the FFA cup, 2 new defenders wouldn't have won us the game, no amount of new players would have won us anything. Preseason and early season wins are built on stability, something which we have no idea about.

The people who wanted to win the FFA cup won't take positives from the game which is totally fine. People who don't care about the FFA cup will take it as a glorified friendly and take positives out of new combinations forming. Neither is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Big clubs become big because they develop a winning mentality. Every comp they enter they want to win. The Jets are participating hoping for best outcome.
    Dare to Zlatan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Big clubs become big because they develop a winning mentality. Every comp they enter they want to win. The Jets are participating hoping for best outcome.
    Yep truth bombs there

Where as we have fans that actually defend the failings of the club and thus allow the losing culture to be tolerated.

Maybe if we as fans put the club in a position where they were expected to deliver then they may raise their game rather than now where they are allowed to fail again and again and again and we have people defending them for it

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS;159***
    5 11"
    Thought you were 5'5.5".

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    oh and just to let all you guys know, the grand total of 'assists' for Melbournes "number 9's" last year (Berisha, Pain, Thompson) is 2.

Thats 2 assists combined lads.

The Jets assists for the same position players?

yeah, 2.

Yep, lets all hang our hat on that stat.
    Crikey!! The stats are pointless barney was weeks ago wasn't it? And you've only just found a stat to prove that stats don't prove anything? Or do they? How many actual goals did those guys score? Not counting penalties of course - because that is the most pointless stat of all......

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    Crikey!! The stats are pointless barney was weeks ago wasn't it? And you've only just found a stat to prove that stats don't prove anything? Or do they? How many actual goals did those guys score? Not counting penalties of course - because that is the most pointless stat of all......
    nah.
    I've always (and only) argued that assists are a garbage stat especially when its the only stat you produce to say a bloke should be sacked.
    As i showed above in a totally garbage post that assists shouldn't be the only stat you go to when compiling your argument.

if you believe in assists being important then you believe my garbage post. i aint deciding for anyone, just putting some data out there for you all.

(and I'm still waiting on my man to come back and explain exactly what the damn hell an 'assist' is anyway - anyone?).
    Last edited by plague; 05-08-2016 at 08:24 AM.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    (and I'm still waiting on my man to come back and explain exactly what the damn hell an 'assist' is anyway - anyone?).
    I think its something to do with fluid filled sacs in the body

The winner of the FFA cup should qualify for ACL. That's where Mr Lee wants to take us, then it could be done in 5 games............and Jets might treat it / prepare more seriously
    Dare to Zlatan

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    The winner of the FFA cup should qualify for ACL.
    agreed

it fits with my dream of seeing Cooks Hill United winning the World Club Cup

But exactly what was good about the performance??

We had a pile of ball in the back half of our pitch and spent most of the time passing it from side to side and getting it into midfield only to turn it back and recycle it and start again.

When we played it forward we lost it more often than not.

This passing the ball shit about at the back is the easy part of playing a passing game. It is getting the ball through the lines and into the final 3rd that matters.

As for getting it into the final 3rd

We had 1 shot of note in the entire first half which Thomas saved and a long range effort that flew over the bar.

In the second half we scored with a chip from outside the box.

We had a couple of headers sail wide and a couple of other long range shots.

Our only other significant effort was a Victree header that Thomas had to do real well with to claw out

When exactly did we look like scoring??
    When exactly did we seriously have them on the ropes??

We didn't

If at 2-1 we got a draw no one could honestly say we deserved it.

As for our defence. 3 very soft goals to concede. All easily avoidable and not good enough

I not understand why blokes are so impressed about us passing the ball about all night amongst the back 6 against an opponent who infrequently pressed us and was happy to allow us the ball and get themselves compact and organised

For a start it cost us one goal in the end.

It is also something that blokes who are employed to play football for a living should be capable of doing.

As for the remarks people have posted about ohh we are missing him,we are missing him as well etc

Labi tries his arse off but he ain't the second coming of Griff and is a limited player
    Boogaard is gonna bring us what?? Less speed to our pedestrian paced Back4 and a pile of cards and free kicks and pens for our keeper to deal with.
    Nobby may well be a smart player but he looks smart as he stands out amongst the chaff we have. There is easily 8 foreigners in the HAL I would be taking before him

We also have the Chinese development kid to come in and some foreign striker who may or may not even show up such is the clubs failings so far on this front.

Yep we have a lot to look forward to when our rival last night can add Troisi and what otherquality players they sign to bring in

Reality is there ain't that much to be excited by this season. Same shit different year.

We have a manager and CEO and owner who are actively doing nothing to change this either.

Reality is we were not good enough last season and we have done little to address this short coming this season

Another year of failure coming for the good people of Newy

Yet some of you people are grinning away at the future as we are being led to the gallows to meet our fate.

FMD
    It's been 1 game and you're writing the season off before it's even begun. That's your decision.

Maybe some of us want to try and look for something within our football that isn't all about what people are doing wrong, how players have ****ed up, how players are shit until it brings them down to a level where they feel so small and have no confidence it inhibits their ability to perform, thus giving more ammo to call them shit and ****ed up.

I'm not reading people on here that are all sunshine and lollipops about the performance. We lost at the end of the day and I'm pissed off we are out of the cup again. But some are choosing to identify both positives and negatives based on our opinion.

Only time will tell if this is going to be "another year of failure" but I'm sure as hell going to do my best to contribute from the stand by creating an atmosphere to make sure that it isn't.

I guess as well, some of us are just grateful we have a club we can support at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The winner of the FFA cup should qualify for ACL.
    100%. That will change club's approaches to it.

This should happen once the "Pot A, Pot B" draw is removed to give an NPL team an easy run through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I don't understand the need to shoot down the club because of one loss. As far as I can tell, most a-league clubs have had similar preparation to us, which is understandable as the season is 2 months away.

We finally have an owner and the chance of stability is as good as its ever been. It won't happen overnight. Miller can't discard the entire squad in the off-season and sign 23 new blokes. From what I've seen so far, he's made some good decisions. Carney leaving, to be replaced by Ugar & Nordstrand resulted in a much improved second half of the season. Brown looks a quality import, and Nabbout showed more the other night than I expected.

If Lee wants us to succeed in Asia, give him time to make the changes necessary to make it happen. It's not simply signing a few marquees and it will happen. We've complained so often about the club admin being a shambles - give him time to rebuild it - and give the new guys behind the scenes time to implement whatever it is that will make the club run better.

The impatience on here is astounding sometimes, and unfortunately some people are too blinkered to look past the fact that Lee, McKinna and Miller are not responsible for the rubbish and mismanagement that was dished up over the last 6-8 years.

you cant run before you can walk.

and we've been struggling to even roll over let alone sit up or crawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

I think it's ironic people calling for patience after how ever many years of no finals football.

1. Miller hates making subs
    2.We need a striker
    3. Mullen is our worst player (why not give Jackson a go)
    4.BK is not a No1 keeper
    5.How many goals will we concede with BK, Mullen at the back and Boogard and Kanta getting their regular red cards through the season ?
    6. Midfield is a positive for us this season

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I think it's ironic people calling for patience after how ever many years of no finals football.
    Did you read the part where I said Miller, Lee and McKinna had nothing to do with making this club a basketcase? Yet you want them to perform miracles.

The irony is the constant call for stability, and people thinking stability is created overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Did you read the part where I said Miller, Lee and McKinna had nothing to do with making this club a basketcase? Yet you want them to perform miracles.

The irony is the constant call for stability, and people thinking stability is created overnight.
    Did you read the part where I referenced you? Or did you jump the gun? I'm not siding with anyone. There has just been numerous calls for calm and patience from others then yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    1. Miller hates making subs
    2.We need a striker
    3. Mullen is our worst player (why not give Jackson a go)
    4.BK is not a No1 keeper
    5.How many goals will we concede with BK, Mullen at the back and Boogard and Kanta getting their regular red cards through the season ?
    6. Midfield is a positive for us this season
    I love how from points 1-5 you were just bashing us over the head with an iron bar then point 6 you were like "here's 2 Nurofen go have a lie down".
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG