Another legend going onto great things. remember that coastie game <3

It was definitely Broxham the fouled

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    It was definitely Broxham the fouled
    For the first or second or both?

Second

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Reading both of these thoughts from victory fans around the place as well.

Only the member is full on doom and gloom it would seem.
    What is there to be excited about ??

We got comfortably beaten by a side who was not that impressive

Statistics i know Plague don't like them but the only one that matters is the ****ing score board

We barely had a shot at goal and rarely threatened Thomas

Let's not forget they played a shit **** like Broxham and we didn't towel him up

Exactly what is there to be happy with?? That we dominated possession in the back half of the pitch??
    FMD

It's about what you do with it in the front 3rd that matters and how you cope in your back 3rd.
    We were second best in both parts

Second best where it matters

Our preparation was amateur

Our off season recruitment is haphazard

FFS first competitive game of the season and we can't even play a ****ing striker because we haven't signed anyone

Our tactics in those conditions were amatuer and naive and the Manager needs a foot up the arse

Our defence and keeper were poor and it is ridiculous that signings haven't been made in this area

Let's not forget the club is run by a Gypo who has achieved nothing

Yeah it's all ****ing rosy in Newy

Same shit different year

Rinse and repeat

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Statistics i know Plague don't like them but the only one that matters is the ****ing score board

Let's not forget they played a shit **** like Broxham and we didn't towel him up

Exactly what is there to be happy with?? That we dominated possession in the back half of the pitch??
    FMD

It's about what you do with it in the front 3rd that matters and how you cope in your back 3rd.

FFS first competitive game of the season and we can't even play a ****ing striker because we haven't signed anyone

Our tactics in those conditions were amatuer and naive and the Manager needs a foot up the arse

Our defence and keeper were poor and it is ridiculous that signings haven't been made in this area

Same shit different year

Rinse and repeat
    You're a dead set ****ing idiot. Nordstrand & Haliti are both recovering/rehabbing from injury, hence no striker. Our back line was missing our captain. The recruitment of Brown and Clut looks to be a positive so far and Nabbout went alright too.

How did MV comfortably beat us? By waiting to get a soft as **** penalty? By waiting for us to **** up at the back at the end of the game? The ref let MV kick us out of the game and if we tried it back he was straight to the pocket - of all people banging on about refs, you're suspiciously quiet if it means yet another dig at the club. ****ing wake up to yourself.

Quite frankly myself I only watch the scoreboard......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Needs more tins

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    You're a dead set ****ing idiot. Nordstrand & Haliti are both recovering/rehabbing from injury, hence no striker. Our back line was missing our captain. The recruitment of Brown and Clut looks to be a positive so far and Nabbout went alright too.

How did MV comfortably beat us? By waiting to get a soft as **** penalty? By waiting for us to **** up at the back at the end of the game? The ref let MV kick us out of the game and if we tried it back he was straight to the pocket - of all people banging on about refs, you're suspiciously quiet if it means yet another dig at the club. ****ing wake up to yourself.
    We have been training for 6 weeks.

Where the **** is our striker??Yeah that bloke Millertime should have had here 6 weeks ago?? That bloke he is signing to replace Milos??

Maybe we could have signed a striker instead of all those ****ing defensive midfielders we have??

We were missing Boogaard?? Wow.
    That aint gonna patch up the rest of them into a solid unit is it??
    Can't polish a turd etc

Victory weren't comfortable?? They played away from home and we tested them when??

As for the ref. Yeah a soft incompetent fool. But if you think he cost us the game your delusion is impressive.We cost ourselves the game.

No one else did.

Hopefully Ledman has seen enough and starts to ring the changes

To be fair to the member, the one thing I agree about is we don't really give a shit about the FFA cup. If we were serious we would have signed our players by now and started training well before now.

My expectations of this game were we might jag an upset, but I didn't expect us to control the game as well as we did. If you look at the last two seasons we rarely control the play and always just look to counter. Tonight we played well and dominated the middle of the park. Very little end product but I expected that without a starting 9 or 10.

So pleasantly surprised and was a game where we played well but lost.

When did Miller go to Europe?.... When he came back the excuse was: we have to wait for preseason to start again in Europe before we can sign a quality striker...... Well preseason is well under way in Europe they even playing champions league preleminary round already and still no sign of any signing here. But we've been close to finalise it for few weeks now. Negotiation are well advanced apparently!!!...... I would like Miller or CEO to exactly tell us where we up 2 regarding that matter. Maybe explain us what the delay is?.... Guy is keen but won't sign till he is 100% sure he won't get a contract in Europe ? Maybe ? Maybe other reasons? Maybe we still looking and we will sign a nobody at the last minute like Milosh last year?...... So Member is right new striker should have been ready and prepared to play today's game and borat is right when he says we don't show enough interest in the cup.......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

FMD

Same shit different year

Rinse and repeat
    "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!" - most apt quote

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!" - most apt quote
    So you think Lee Broxham isn't a shit **** of a footballer and we should be happy we didn't towel him up last night??

Ok

Yeh, I hate it when people don't get a "toweling" when they deserve one............

Moving forward now

So you think Lee Broxham isn't a shit **** of a footballer and we should be happy we didn't towel him up last night??

Ok
    Leigh Brougham has nothing to do with it.

Jets played very well dominated possession and from sideline you could here our boys clearly having it over them. They were on back foot! Clut, Brown Nab and especially Stevie Ug were very promising. Watching from halfway in rain was fun. Take away dodgy penalty call and could have been a very different result and response!!!

We have been training for 6 weeks.

Where the **** is our striker??Yeah that bloke Millertime should have had here 6 weeks ago?? That bloke he is signing to replace Milos??

Maybe we could have signed a striker instead of all those ****ing defensive midfielders we have??

We were missing Boogaard?? Wow.
    That aint gonna patch up the rest of them into a solid unit is it??
    Can't polish a turd etc

Victory weren't comfortable?? They played away from home and we tested them when??

As for the ref. Yeah a soft incompetent fool. But if you think he cost us the game your delusion is impressive.We cost ourselves the game.

No one else did.

Hopefully Ledman has seen enough and starts to ring the changes
    All those DMs? Are you serious? Ugarkovic, Poljak, Kanta..... wow, we're definitely overstocked in the middle.

Boogaard might not be a world-beater but I still put him ahead of Mullen & Kanta as CB. Also as captain, yeah there is a chance he would have improved the team last night ,if only slightly. But slightly can be enough of a difference between conceding a goal or not.

We didn't test Victory at all. Not when we sent a few headers just wide, not when Brown's exquisite chip actually went in, and not when he had another go from outside the box late in the game. Funnily enough, this part seems to relate to not having Nordstrand or Haliti available.

You don't think the ref sending MV 2-1 up had any effect? Not to mention the foul he didn't blow that led to their second corner right before the PK. You don't think we then had to push on further and try and force the issue because of that decision?

You're right, Lee should check out how well the other A-league sides did in the FFA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post

All cool - the good Member would have had his "suite" of barbs and accompanying flowchart prepared and ready to roll. He needs to chill for the good of his health...

For getting angry can shorten your life, according to a study.

Using more than three decades of population data, researchers found that men who had admitted they had a short fuse when questioned around the age of 35 were more likely to be dead 35 years later than those who were less quick to anger.

Those who were among the angriest 25 per cent had a 1.57-fold increase in their risk of dying early compared to the calmest 25 per cent, the researchers from Iowa State University discovered.
    And I haven't looked at the "BK is the Antichrist" thread yet!