Thread: Projectors/Projector Screens

Projectors/Projector Screens

Does anyone know anything about them. Apart from the bare minimum knowledge that I possess.

The story is I had a brilliant idea that I would get a projector and watch jets games, UFC or anything else of interest outside, around a bbq, with beers etc.

There is one main issue I need to address though. That being daylight. How would a projector go in the middle of the backyard out in the wide open? How would it go if I build a tarp box to go around it to rid of some light. How would it go being under the house with little light getting in? (I would assume this would be the best for viewing but it would be the least preferred).

image.jpg

image.jpg

These are what I'm looking at. Cheap and nasty eBay I know but it's actually what I want. It's just an experiment and if the thing buggers up in a year and I have to throw it away I'm not going to cry too much. If I think this sort of thing has a future in my life than I will invest in a better quality. if there's anyone in the know, how good/bad do these look? Also there's a screen in looking at aswell that doesn't have a motor, slightly cheaper but has a stand. Not sure which way I'll go with that yet. Any advice on that?

Thanks guys. Any help is appreciated.

I used to "borrow" the projector from work on weekends (before I had a tv) for the exact same reasons.. I can't remember what sort it was, but I'm pretty sure it was relatively cheap..
    I don't know much about it being outside, but inside it kicked ass at night time, watching UFC, footers, or classic films like Aliens/Predator/Jaws..
    I used to have it on the wall in my loungeroom and from my experiences with it, daylight is your worst enemy..
    We used to have to hang blankets up across our balcony doors cause the translucent curtains let too much daylight in and you couldn't see sh!t..
    Don't know if thats any help to the problem, but just my experience with doing it..

As I said before, the plan is to use it mainly outside. But if that plan fails than it will get plenty of use inside one way or another.

If you are using it in your backyard - its going to be next to useless during the day.
    It's the light hitting your screen/surface that's going be your major issue.
    My advice would be to mount a TV outside if it's a verandah situation.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast