Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential/dream transfer targets

Potential/dream transfer targets

Don't know if anyone does the same thing but i spend a good couple of hours(when the wife and kids are asleep) researching players who i would like the jets to target.

Ideally for this coming season attacking players are whats needed and probaly some cover at Leftback.

Apart from some obvious targets like J.Griff and Flores and at the risk of signing another donny de groot (who has done pretty well since leaving us) I just found a experienced dutch striker called Sandro Calabro, 29 yo, consistent scorer and coming off contract at st Gallen in the swiss league.

Fits GVE's mould in my opinion

Scratch that calabro signed with Sparta rottendam

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Griff and shevchenko..... Won't be happy with anyone else

griff, Flores & ljubo. as much as I love tiago, for his amazingness plus how he hates coasties, I'd be perfectly happy seeing him replaced by ljubo.

Flores - start there....build it and they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    griff, Flores & ljubo. as much as I love tiago, for his amazingness plus how he hates coasties, I'd be perfectly happy seeing him replaced by ljubo.
    Griffo's newyness & coastie hatred would more then double anything tiago can offer, its a simple no brainer.... sign griffo!

I second this plus another striker aswell for depth

griff, Flores & ljubo.
    = premiership

pref someone over 18

This

Although I think Ljubo may now be classed as injury risk?

If we don't seriously pursue Flores, it will make me question the club's ambition.

We have lacked that creative spark for a number of years now and he is available, wants to return the A-League and proven to not be a youtube wonder.

riquelme

griff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If we don't seriously pursue Flores, it will make me question the club's ambition.

We have lacked that creative spark for a number of years now and he is available, wants to return the A-League and proven to not be a youtube wonder.
    I am beginning to question the clubs ambition.

I honestly think that we won't have a big name sign. The number 9 and 10 will be overseas players but we will say "who" ? What I truly hope is that the players we pick up will be like Berisha, Carlos, Van Dijk and Flores. No names who subsequently owned the league.

Are there any rumors that we are even looking fill these spots? I've heard interviews with GVE saying these spots are still to be filled but bugger all else on how they are going about doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    Are there any rumors that we are even looking fill these spots? I've heard interviews with GVE saying these spots are still to be filled but bugger all else on how they are going about doing this.
    Agree. A while ago it was wait until the Euro seasons finish.

They finished over a month ago, where's the striker and playmaker?

If we are to be competitive this season, we need Griff, or a Griff-like player, and a playmaker. If we don't sign anyone, it shows a complete lack of ambition by the club to be anything more than a feeder team to sell the youngsters on to Europe or Asia.

Is Forlan available on a free??

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    Is Forlan available on a free??
    Yes

y Staff Writer
    Jul 6 2012 14:31
    Get more on: govas | australia | aleague | socceroos
    AUSSIE Andreas Govas is hoping for a return to Australia and a place in the A-League after honing his skills in the European leagues of England, Greece and France.

The 22 year old Aussie with Greek heritage has been on a Euro odyssey since leaving his hometown of Melbourne at the age of 17 to try his luck overseas.

After spells in the youth sides of state league sides Heidelburg United, Fawkner Blues and Whittlesea Zebras - as well as a year at the VIS - Govas landed a place in Portsmouth's youth academy.

He left the then-EPL side to join fellow Aussie Apostolos Giannou at Greek side Apollon Kalamarias for a season followed by a year with another Greek team, Kozani FC.

The following year he joined former Socceroos Zeljko Kalac, Craig Moore at AO Kavala where he was reunited with Giannou and another Aussie, Robert Stambolziev, but was loaned back to Kozani.

At Kozani he had his most successful spell, playing 22 games and scoring four times, earning a move to Troyes in the French Ligue this year.

But after being unable to break into the first team, Govas is now hoping to make a return to Australia and crack the A-League.

"My aim for this season is to sign for a club where I will get as much game time as possible and prove my worth," he told the website, OS Aussies at osaussies.com. "I am very hungry to prove myself.

"Returning home to play in the A-League is very appealing to me, the level of the A-League is going from strength to strength and it is something I would like to be a part of.

"Walking out onto the pitch in front of a home crowd would be a massive thrill."

Describing himself as a composed, creative midfielder with a dangerous long-distance shot, Govas has been called up by both Greece and Australia at youth level.

But his dream now is to one day wear the green and gold for the senior Socceroos.

"Playing for the Australian senior national team has always been my dream," he said. "I am very proud that I was able to represent both Greece and Australia at youth level.

"I am fiercely proud of my Greek heritage and lived there for many years, so being asked to choose between Greece and Australia is like someone asking me which parent do you love more?

"But if it came down to it, I would chose Australia because I was born and raised here and I feel as though I want to give something back to the game"

??????????
    Last edited by GazFish35; 06-07-2012 at 11:24 PM.