9 15.79%
  • Other

9 15.79%
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hunt for a New Manager - 16/17 Edition

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Sheva?

chivas

I bet Zane is tidying up his desk tonight just incase something goes down tomorrow #3in3days

Sooo Trani is also gone, Zane to run training until new guys step in!

So whys the youth coach stepping in when there is still a senior assistant coach employed by the club, the Chinese guy.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    So whys the youth coach stepping in when there is still a senior assistant coach employed by the club, the Chinese guy.
    Because they need the support of the players. I doubt they would be happy with a chinese guy who has been there a month. Hell, they didnt like Trani.

Val from the Adelaide Advertiser has said Mark Jones is the hot tip for the Jets head coach

Val's not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    Make it a Zane double act and start again
    I say again. This could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Val from the Adelaide Advertiser has said Mark Jones is the hot tip for the Jets head coach
    Fvck I hope not....

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Fvck I hope not....
    Why are so many people against Jones? Dont quite understand. Do people think he's arrogant? Connected with GVE? Dont think he's up to it?

Don't understand this at all. If Lee wants his own guys, which McKinna alluded to on the news last night, surely that's not Jones, or any of the other usual suspects being thrown about.

There is a bit of hostility in this forum for Mark Jones which I have never understood [Although a trip to the local league thread here suggests we are only talking about a minority that squeal a lot]. He was a good footballer in his day, has coaching experience, and unlike many of our past managers you would often see him turn up to support Jets teams be they NYL, W-League, or A-league.

In saying that I still think the club would be rolling the dice with Jones or indeed anyone that hasn't been successful as a head coach at this level or higher.
    The owner needs to dig deep and find someone of much higher standing than Jones or indeed any of our past managers otherwise he might as well pack his bags now rather than wait for the club to die a slow by sure death.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Why are so many people against Jones? Dont quite understand. Do people think he's arrogant? Connected with GVE? Dont think he's up to it?
    He is MASSIVELY arrogant. A Grade a ****stick of a bloke. Plus nothing he has done makes me think he is up to or deserves to be top dog at an A League club. He has not even been head coach at NPL level, only run his own race for about 12 months at youth/womens level. No for me

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    He has not even been head coach at NPL level, only run his own race for about 12 months at youth/womens level. No for me
    Untrue. He was head coach of a NBN side (Toronto Awaba Stags) in 2008 (07 or 08, one of those years), doubling up with his assistant role at the Jerks at the time.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Don't understand this at all. If Lee wants his own guys, which McKinna alluded to on the news last night, surely that's not Jones, or any of the other usual suspects being thrown about.
    Just watched the online story and there was no mention or alluding to bringing in a manager from Lee.

Who knows with Lawrie though. Goes on Twitter one day to categorically deny it was his decision, then on the news the next saying it was a club decision.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Just watched the online story and there was no mention or alluding to bringing in a manager from Lee.

Who knows with Lawrie though. Goes on Twitter one day to categorically deny it was his decision, then on the news the next saying it was a club decision.
    I would imagine the Twitter comments being straight after are more accurate to when there has been time for the club to tell him to tow the party line

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Untrue. He was head coach of a NBN side (Toronto Awaba Stags) in 2008 (07 or 08, one of those years), doubling up with his assistant role at the Jerks at the time.
    Fair enough I was unaware of that. He's still a ****

Jones worked at the Mariners for a while yeah? Possibly under Mckinna

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    He is MASSIVELY arrogant. A Grade a ****stick of a bloke. Plus nothing he has done makes me think he is up to or deserves to be top dog at an A League club. He has not even been head coach at NPL level, only run his own race for about 12 months at youth/womens level. No for me
    I have found Jones to be a good style of a bloke. In fact I'd say he's in tune with Jets fan's because he is a Jets fan.

With respect to arrogance you say it like it is a bad thing - and it is not. Ignorance on the other hand that's a nasty disease sweeping the nation.